• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can heroin ever be used by someone just occasionally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carleylen

Greenlighter
Hey, I?m just wondering if anyone knows of anyone that?s ever used heroin and not become an addict and junkie. Like is it possible for heroin to only be used occasionally by someone and it not ever turn into an all the time thing?

I was using for about 9 months every day. Up my nose, nothing else. Then I decided to go into an outpatient treatment program and get help. I relapsed after 1 month of being sober. Then the treatment center kicked me out. I made it about 3 months sober, then I relapsed. Then I made it 2 months sober, but then I relapsed. So it was like I could just occasionally use and be ok. I didn?t have intense cravings or desires to use the whole time I was clean, but I sometimes just randomly decided I wanted a little h. When I relapsed I never used much. I only bought $20 worth, so it didn?t go on long at all. But a few days ago, after being 2 months clean I bought some more h. $20 worth. I used it. The next day I got some tabs and took those. The next day I bought another $20 worth of h. So I thought I could just occasionally use, but this recent relapse was different. But I think I can take a break for now.

I?m wondering if it?s possible for me to keep this up and just use a little every few months without becoming addicted like before.

Last edited:
This question is pointless. Cavemen probably debated the addictive properties of their mead. People have this tendency to assume that every question has an answer. There is no answer. Everyone is different. Some people don't like Heroin. Some people suck cock for Heroin. Some people use Heroin and have jobs and are successful. Sometimes, Heroin addicts even graduate college and become teachers. Does it produce problems in this guy's life occasionally? Sure.

Everyone is different man.

One thing you need to do is familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines. You've done nothing wrong my friend, but as you go, try to acquaint yourself with what is and is not appropriate material for each forum. We don't expect you to know everything instantaneously, but, as you learn, you'll find that this forum is supposed to be dedicated solely to Harm Reduction, that is, helping those who have decided to use drugs safely.

It's not like we don't have fun here. There are places to do it, but we do need to keep our Harm Reduction forum dedicated to such. I would say that this could be moved, but this is probably, literally, the tenth thread asking this question in the past week. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you're not the first to ask such a question ;)

This question is pointless. Cavemen probably debated the addictive properties of their mead. People have this tendency to assume that every question has an answer. There is no answer. Everyone is different. Some people don't like Heroin. Some people suck cock for Heroin. Some people use Heroin and have jobs and are successful. Sometimes, Heroin addicts even graduate college and become teachers. Does it produce problems in this guy's life occasionally? Sure.

Everyone is different man.

One thing you need to do is familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines. You've done nothing wrong my friend, but as you go, try to acquaint yourself with what is and is not appropriate material for each forum. We don't expect you to know everything instantaneously, but, as you learn, you'll find that this forum is supposed to be dedicated solely to Harm Reduction, that is, helping those who have decided to use drugs safely.

It's not like we don't have fun here. There are places to do it, but we do need to keep our Harm Reduction forum dedicated to such. I would say that this could be moved, but this is probably, literally, the tenth thread asking this question in the past week. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you're not the first to ask such a question ;)

I?m sorry. I?m new here so I?m still learning. I though we were allowed to just ask any questions we had. I will re read the guidelines.

You are allowed to ask any questions, it's just that some are better suited for certain forums and others have been answered so many times there are specific threads devoted to them, often "stickied" so they stay at the top of certain forums all the time.

Two are applicable to your question: "should I try heroin?" and "Personal Accounts of Addiction". They're there for new members to browse through before posting their questions.

Yours is of the common "how much can I use and get away with without having any bad addiction-type stuff happen?" This is usually followed with "I know I have/don't have an addictive personality, but only for/I'm immune from, stims or dissociatives or pills or only if I plug."

But of course there is no magic line with no-problems-whatsoever on side and junkie-for-life-crackwhore on the other. Or at least, there's a line, but it's individual and dependent on time and circumstance and is never recognized until it's been left a hundred miles behind.

So, go check those threads; meanwhile, I'm closing this one, nothing personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.