Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snorting with notes - greatest health risk

Runner

Bluelighter
I'm sure everyone's mum at some stage in their lives have told them off for not washing their hands after coming home from a public place. Weather it be a hospital, cinemas, etc.

That is of course because a lot of people go through public places. Now, when posed with a question: "What is the dirtiest thing in terms of people germs you can think off?"

Many of us will struggle to come up with an answer. But the answer is money! Notes go through thousands of hands since their birth and are never ever cleaned or disinfected.

Then they get into your own hand that will roll it up and stick it up your nose and snort all your meth with along with the 10 years worth of "goodness" that is on the notes.

Think about this people next time you use money notes to snort you gear. I've caught plenty of colds, tonsilitis etc. a long time ago a lot of which I blame on notes.

yep. that's why i only use freshly printed, very clean $100 notes so there is no problem.

z.

Hamlet said:
yep. that's why i only use freshly printed, very clean $100 notes so there is no problem.

^ True class.

Good points runner, I don't suppose you've also seen those "HIV Warning" postcards with the 2 free straws (a bit like giving out free condoms). Good HM initiave, someone's got their thinking cap screwed on...

For the rest of us, I recommend the subway or hungary jacks straw... because they're prepackaged, so you know it's only been used by you :)

Contamination risks when sharing rolled up notes can be made worse if the sharp edges of the note pierce the mucous membranes of the nostrils. Sharing any such implements should be avoided if possible IMO

I don't snort with notes because I just don't like it, never mind hygeine. A straw is much cleaner, quicker, fits nicely in the nose, never unravells and never gets drugs stuck in the crevices. You just chuck it out and get a new one after use. Straws are good. But I'm the odd one out amongst my friends. They refuse straws.. I've even seen one LICK a note afterwards. Now that is gross :eek:

I read somewhere once that it's more hygenic to lick the inside of a toilet bowl than it is to lick a $20 note. That kinda puts things into perspective...

Those snorters you can buy at off ya tree are the shiznitz! Not only clean but they look pretty classy to.

Im fucked then hey I can only afford to use a 5 dollar note with the queens face on it

Maccas straws, the way of the future.

Seriously, it's not too hard to carry round a straw with ya, I have got into the habit of doing it.

I used to be one of those "licking notes when finished" people...but yeah it is kinda feral... 8(

Straws rock yeah!

And thoses snorter things rock best!!

--Raz--

Good adive Peeps. I heard this about 15 months ago and have pretty much stopped snorting since. The last time was at my birthday in november last year... I'm so proud.

Just a little quote from Erowid:

Just as shared needles can spread blood diseases between people, so can shared straws. A study by Bonkovsky and Mehta published in Am Acad Dermatol (2001 Feb;44(2):159-82) reported that blood and mucus on shared straws can spread blood diseases such as Hepatitis C between those who share the straw.

Maybe the gov. should introduce a straw exchange program :)

I'm glad someone opened my eyes to how disgusting snorting through currency is.

Now who remembers that thread that had a quote showing the amount of US notes found to have traces of cocaine on them? (I think it was about 80% from memory...) Anyhow, I fully agree, don't stick money up your nose, anyone who thinks it is classy to snort out of dirty, filthy money is wrong, very wrong...

Glad i read this thread ... no more money for me ... definetly straws from now on!

I mentioned sharp edges on notes. The same applies to plastic straws i.e. they can cut the mucous membranes in the nostrils. If shared, this can allow blood to blood contact

I suggest as [electrobot] does; get one of those "snorters". I once had one with a bead end which fitted snugly up the nose, sort of a hands free device.

No sharing!!

Don't take this too lightly. I know of two cases where staph aureus was transmitted via sharing an implement during coke sessions. According to this the bacteria is quite commonly found in Japan among those with constantly stuffy noses.

The practice may even at times be considerably more dangerous than unprotected sex. If coke is the drug of choice, it is easy to poke the nostril as coke usually involves frequent administrations, numbing the end of the nose.

I posted this in another thread on a similar topic too - when you're snorting charlie or ketamine, your nose can go pretty numb, making it easier to scratch with a sharp straw or note edges without you knowing. That puts blood on the implement and creates a health risk.

BigTrancer :)

Hamlet said:

z.

Heh heh, I remember a fave quote...if you're using a $20 you can't afford to do it, if you're using a $100 you should have bought more...so using a $50 is just about right.

But then thinking about all the points above, maybe its worth spending that $50 on one of those nice straws!

Last edited: