• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Snorting with notes - greatest health risk

FTR - the postcards which we at AIVL released (with the two straws sticking out the front) were an education initiative around the Hep C Virus, not HIV. Technically sharing snorting equipment is considered low risk for HIV as well, but the amount of virus needed to transmit HIV is such that it's very difficult for there to be enough on a straw to transmit (no known cases). Really with HIV you have to have at least .05CC of blood directly into the bloodstream of an uninfected person (like through sharing needles & syringes, or contaminated water in injection) for transmission to occur.
Hep C, on the other hand, can create transmission with far smaller amounts of blood (basically down to the microscopic level.) So that's where risks with things like straws can come in - you don't necessarily have to be able to see the blood, it can still be there and containing the Hep C Virus, and if the snorting implement then breaks the nasal barrier, the HCV can access your bloodstream, and trasnmission can occur. Its believed (and I've posted on this in the past) there have been cases of HCV transmission in Europe where the most likely route of transmission was through sharing snorting equipment.
BT and phasedancer are quite right that straws are not perfect in an overall harm reduction/ body care sense - the idea of the card was more to get people thinking about having their own snorting implement, and of not sharing the implement whatever it is because of the HCV risk.

Suggestion - take a Bic biro, remove the ballpoint and ink refill leaving you with a hollow tube. Use scissors or a hacksaw and cut the pen outer in half about where the little hole is in the side of the tube, leaving you with a pocket-sized plastic tube with no sharp edges. You can keep one or both parts, and use the uncut end which has no sharp edges to put in your nose.

That way you can always have your own straw with you, that doesn't cost anything much at all, and if necessary you can throw it away in a hurry without caring. The plastic is washable in hot/boiling water after use for hygiene purposes.

Plus, if you get one of the biro's that has a clear outer plastic, you can watch the powder fly up the straw into your nose!

BigTrancer :D

those post cards that mibrane is talking about are excellent, nicky gave us some to hand out at parties and they were a hit....

informative and useful

I dunno if they are around: But you can buy proper metal straws for snorting. They usually have a mad design on them....mine has a dragons head on both ends and it looks real cool. Or cocaine knives where the handle can be unscrewed to be used as a straw. So I reckon drugo's should accesorise. Much classier than a $100 bill and you'll get plenty of comments from dirty meth heads who are rolling up notes.

who snorts with the note in your nostril anyway? Place it just level with hole. Thats what i do, i dont shove the note up there!

also considering whats in the stuff your snorting, the note should be the least of your worries.

Hardicus said:
Maccas straws, the way of the future.

Seriously, it's not too hard to carry round a straw with ya, I have got into the habit of doing it.

can one be charged with posession of paraphrenalia for this?!;)