• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

House music, the syphillitic infection of Melbourne's music scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveElektro

Bluelighter
Am I alone here in hating house music in all its forms? I feel it is a disease, a parasitic infection of the Melbourne dance scene.

Here's an exersize for you, get the beat magazine, go through the club listing section, and circle every instance of the word 'house' you find. Perhaps you could even write down all the different adjectives placed in front of the word house.
Be warned though, this can cause convultions in people with half- decent taste in music (ie people who hate house)
I learned that the hard way.

What's that you said? You think that I'll like old school progressive hard ambient handbag booty chi-town disco happy jackin' commercial underground tech house because its not like other forms of house? Well your wrong.
It all fucking sucks.
period.
End of story.

LONG LIVE ACID TEKNO

whatever.....

I don't know where you've been, but house music has always had it's fair share of nights in Melbourne.

The solution is simple really, if you don't like it don't go!!!!!

I wish I could be so simple and one eyed about music like you are. I may not like certain styles of music, but as you grow up you realise that the world doesn't revolve around your tastes. 8)

Open your mind up and listen to something else, you may learn something.

Like I said, circle the 'house' in he club listings.
There is way too fucking much of it
Even shitty pubs are getting in shitty house DJ's in, probably for the sole purpose of pissing me off.
9 out of 10 clubs play some fucking form of house, that's what I'm pissed about..
A more modest and reasonable amount of house clubs wouldn't be so bad, less targets to firebomb.

9 out of 10 clubs play some fucking form of house, that's what I'm pissed about..

Then don't go to those clubs!!

If it really bothers you that much then maybe you should lock yourself in your house, download the music you want off the internet and just sit there. At least you wouldn't be whinging about house music....

Or you could make the time and effort to start up your own club.

You seem to miss my point entirely. There's fuck all clubs iin melbourne that don't play house! I can seriously count them all up in my head, the house is killing off the scene, venue owners would rather have a big money drawing house club full of cashed up chapel street latté drinkers than allow a real club to use it.
Anyways, this wasn't supposed to be a serious discussion, it was just a rant I had to get out of my system.
If you don't like what I say, then go listen to junior sanchez...or roger sanchez...or some lesser known form of sanchez....

Last edited:
I can seriously count them all up in my head, the house is killing off the scene, venue owners would rather have a big money drawing house club full of cashed up chapel street latté drinkers than allow a real club to use it.

I know a lot of people that would disagree with you and say that Hard Trance and NRG is killing the scene, no comment from me on that point.
I happen to like latte. I also happen to like dressing up nicely sometimes so what?? Is that killing the scene? There's a lot of other things killing the scene such as purists like yourself.

Anyways, this wasn't supposed to be a serious discussion, it was just a rant I had to get out of my system.

Sorry I haven't posted the link, but there's actually already a thread for this purpose called Miscellaneous Rants .

If you don't like what I say, then go listen to junior sanchez...or roger sanchez...or some lesser known form of sanchez....

Nah I'd rather listen to GU024 - Nick Warren. ;)

the number of clubs playing house is just a reflection of people's taste, and the current trend in melbourne. so it's really a reflection of the scene.

so i suppose u take ur rant out to the streets, maybe start up a rally or a protest, that ought to work ;)=D

vurtomatic said:
the number of clubs playing house is just a reflection of people's taste, and the current trend in melbourne. so it's really a reflection of the scene.

so i suppose u take ur rant out to the streets, maybe start up a rally or a protest, that ought to work ;)=D
In this day and age, mainstream music doesn't follow tastes, tastes follow mainstream music.
Heard the latest Celine Dion house track? :p

Acid Techno has it's place, and I'm not bagging it in the slightest. But sometimes you just don't feel like fast pounding music. A little bit of soul never hurt anyone.

I'll agree with you that there is some pretty fucking bad house out there. It tends to fall in the "all or nothing" category - when it stinks it really stinks, but when it's good it's fucking great. Try some Frankie Knuckles or Roger Sanchez - house is such a huge genre unto itself that it's pretty narrow minded to lump it all together.

Out of interest, how do you define house? Technically I mean - in terms of beat structure and rhythm?

^
Amen.

Personally I only listen to Lunchbox techno and Glass-n-a-half-full-cream-dairy-milk-house.

;)

haha ;)

I dunno, house has been around for a very very long time and like many genres, the chessy, painful comercial aspect of it is just one aspect. It's like me suggesting that Nelly is indicative of all hip hop past, present and future. (Sorry if you like Nelly...)
Let people listen to what they want to and don't let what you don't like get to you.

and there's far too many Djs playing 80s remixes. Or laying up favorite 80s cheese over funk , house and even techno.

meh, house music rules, you just have no taste ;)

na, seriously, there's *plenty* of other music styles around! come on, just look a little harder...ferchrisake.

what's more fun than being opinionated? being opinionated and intransigent!! =D

i love tekno with a passion, but i do listen to all flavours of dance music, and all styles of music full stop. house does have some saving graces. it's great to dance to while drunk. it has lyrics that stick in your mind long after the song is finished. it's more approachable to a greater percentage of the population than hard, ass-fucking tekkers will ever be. i came to tech via cheesy commercial house and trance, and for that i will be forever grateful.

stop bitching and moaning, and don't go to these clubs. if u feel there is a lack of decent club nights offering your flavour, put on a night yourself. maybe then you'll realise just how much of the mainstream hold exactly the same views as you, except instead of hating house, they hate tech.

rant on, bruvva!!

-fluffy-

Last edited:
Good upbeat funky house rocks me!

There maybe a lot of house around Melbourne, but I'd be surprised if it was actually 'crowding out' a lot of the other music styles as you seem to suggest.

Personally I don't give a rats ass what 98% of the clubs in Sydney play as long as the other 2% of clubs I go to are playing the music styles I like and continue to do so.

is acid techno the same things as hard acid or completely different? hard acid is next to psytrance for me..i love hard acid...but i can't deal with it when i'm on acid ...too hectic hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.