• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What would make you stop taking ecstasy?

Moon Flower

Bluelighter
Okay guys. I've got a psych assignment and I'm looking at ecstacy use etc, and I have to think of a future research proposal in that subject.

What I was wondering was what would it take to make you stop taking E? We all know that it fucks us, but we still take it. So any suggestions? eg, like the Quit smoking ads, where they show the gunk in your heart from smoking. Would something like seeing your brain in thirty years work? Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I really don't know what would work (even personally), and I want a High Distinction! :)

cheers =D

hmm...i'm probably not going to be helpful, 'cos the only thing that i can think of is comedowns. as in, i get pretty shitty comedowns, and if they ever got worse, i probably would stop.

there's really not anything that people could do to stop ecstasy use, because people enjoy it...it just ain't gonna happen. eventually i guess i'll stop, just because the appeal will wear off and i don't feel like raping my brain for the rest of my life, but they're not really things you can use - "hey kids, if you use ecstasy, make sure you only do it for two or three years, *not* forever!" :)

1. Pregnancy

2. Ecstacy-related death of a close friend/family member

3. Unrefuted, scientific proof of long-term, debilitating brain damage.

4. Being diagnosed with depression or a serious, life-threatening illness.

Advertising doesn't really mean anything to me... I work in advertising. Takes much more than that to sway me. ;)

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
1. Pregnancy

3. Unrefuted, scientific proof of long-term, debilitating brain damage.

those two and of course if i was on any meds that made it dangerous to mix.

generally information fed through the government or police etc no matter what the medium wouldn't even make me bat an eyelash, we all know how honest they can be 8) ditto for any kind of advertising.

have to agree with all of SLM except pregnancy for obvious reasons.

Ummm but yeah also the comedown factor as mentioned before... if the experience does not compensate for the come down then there is no point doing it anymore

Definite research that my use does 'fuck me'' (what degree do you mean anyway by this??). Theres the obvious signs that shows people who take it heavily can be damaged by mdxx use (long term is hard to say). So anything that can actually prove/show that seldom use (say a few times a year) does lead to perm un-stoppable, unpreventive damage, I'd stop. Rolling a handful of times a year ain't worth it (*IF* I know it's doing perm damage).

:)

I haven't done any pills for a long while and what made me stop was a combination of...

1. My son
2. No enjoyment
3. Health risks

oh, and 1 pill = 1 - 2 anime DVD's =D

Backo (and other guys) - would you stop if your wife got pregnant?

Just curious....

Umm I would have stopped all drug use beofre I planned to have a child with my partner. Once the pregancy has hab conceived, I'd see how I feel but I think I would still do certain drug use. I've been doing it for 16 years and can't really see a reason to stop occasional drug use.

i think most women will agree with the above posts, pregnancy would deff make me stop.
also a very bad personal experience, i recently i was unforchanate to have a very bad experience with something that i thought was E, but turned out not to be. this has made me quit at least for a very long time, but it hasnt stopped people around me.
certaintly evidence relating to long term effects/illnesses would also have an impact.

Intriguing...

I'm interested by what SLM had to say, I find it interesting because it leads me to think that a lot of people really do think that MDMA may not do lasting damage to your brain. In my belief there is never any such thing as a free lunch, especially not with drugs, if it gets you high, assume that it IS doing you damage.

I'd stop doing MDMA permanently for a few reasons. I've stopped for a 6 month break, but that's just because I don't feel like spending the amount of money that taking MDMA once a month requires.

My reasons are as follows.

1) If I got pregnant (unlikely)

2) If I felt I had nothing further to learn or enjoy from the substance, which is a point that I very nearly reached.

3) When the bad times outweigh the good. (Though I think that definately applies to all substances, not just MDMA)

4) If MDMA ever came before life in my list of priorities.

-plaz out-

Just curious, but how many people who said "unrefuted, scientific proof of long-term, debilitating brain damage" are also smokers?

Anyway, the reason I did stop taking it is because I just didn't enjoy it anymore. No sense chasing a high if I didn't even like it when I got there... so yeah, basically I stopped for plazma's reasons 2 & 3...

What stopped me a few times in the past was how sick I was getting whilst I was pilling. Also, the fact that I had too many and that they don't work for me any more. I kind of decided that from now on I will only try them occassionally just to see I can get some of the old feeling back, but I know I am pushing my luck.

in respone to Pleo: never had a cigarette in my life. Used to smoke dope about 10+ years ago though and sometimes (like say 10-20 sessions in the past 5 years). Can't see myself smoking dope ever again though, not even a puff of a joint. Just cbf with it.

And alcohol, I go through bouts of liking to drink, not liking to drink. I think longest I have gone without a drink of alcohol is about 8 months when Im on a self imposed sober stage.

Pleonastic said:
Just curious, but how many people who said "unrefuted, scientific proof of long-term, debilitating brain damage" are also smokers?

Anyway, the reason I did stop taking it is because I just didn't enjoy it anymore. No sense chasing a high if I didn't even like it when I got there... so yeah, basically I stopped for plazma's reasons 2 & 3...

I'm sorry.... smoking causes brain damage?

Lung cancer, heart disease, premature ageing, yes, but brain damage?:\

there are only two main reasons that i would stop, and they are in order priority and reasons, although both hold more or less the same wieght in terms of importance.

1. Financial. - if pills started to consistantly cost more than 35 dollars a pop, and possibly up to the 50 dollar mark.

2. Health reasons. - i seem to find that as i get old my body quite simply can not cope as well with the post pill conditions, i feel that there is a fear that i am doing long term and permanent damage to my system.

I do not think that i will ever completely stop at this stage in my life, but those two factors would definately affect the frequency of consumption.

Note - i have been invoved in mdxx for approximately 3 years.

I'd say just the way that MDMA makes me feel in the days following use, sure you can gain insight and understanding during the experience, but that's where MDMA ends IMHO. I'd say what would most turn me away from it apart from the physical and mental deterents is the proliferation of drugs that leave that warm afterglow succeeding use with very little noticeable side effects. Drugs which you take and wake up the next morning feeling like a million bucks, drugs like LSD and 2-CB. However i'm a total hypocrite about this philosophy when it comes to alcohol, something about my blood i suspect.... thanx dad!

I'm sorry.... smoking causes brain damage?

Lung cancer, heart disease, premature ageing, yes, but brain damage?:\

I think what Pleo meant, - of the people who stated "health issues" as a reason, how many of them smoke and why health issues related to smoking had not prompted them to stop smoking, but "health issues" would for MDMA.

I could be wrong though...

Oh, I see..... sorry, I took the quote too literally.

Yes, that is a double standard... and I do see what you mean.

Have no answer for that one. :\ . I smoke, and drink. Yet I stand by what I said about ecstacy. I guess I value my brain more than my heart or lungs... and I haven't seen any scientific evidence that the occasional, 'responsible' (as much as it can be), use of ecstacy promotes irreversible brain damage. If that could be proven, it would definitely be a factor.

Yes, despite the fact I will probably die of lung cancer =D