• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What made you smile today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissTwitch

Bluelighter
I just received an email from my best friend who is in the USMC and presently deployed in the operation enduring freedom! Everyday that I receive a letter from my boyfriend or one of my friends over seas, it makes me realize how glad I am to have them in my life! :)
As I sit here in tears, though they are happy! I could read over and over the poem that he wrote for me! I love him to death! In my eyes no women in this world would ever be good enough for him, and who ever does get him, is the luckiest! He has been there for me through thick and through thin, and yet never lost touch for even more than a week! :)

So today, that has been what has made me smile! What has made my day so much better, and gotten me out of this depressed mood I was in! =D =D =D

So, what has made you smile today?

Last edited:
Well when my friends left my house after two days of being here... with only an hour to go for my parents to get back from holiday.

today was my great grandma's birthday. I gave her a picture of me and my fiance in a frame. Seeing an 87 year old smile made me smile today.

at work, a very respected assistant director told me that he genuinely likes working with me, and then the my other coworkers around all agreed and it was like a big emotional moment for me, a lowly clerical worker. the two doctors walked up and inquired about the conversation, and then they started saying things they like about me too. and i was like "are yall firing me"? and they were like "no, we finally realized what you do for the morality of this department, and your a hard worker, with very little mistakes and you go out of your way to help people, and we thought we should share our thanks"

im not the person that likes credit like this. just smile at me when i do something right and ill be fine, but to go through all this for me was quite embarrassing, yet exhilarating.

ok, truthfully, that was friday, im still smiling about it, sunday, cuz i get to see these people again tomorrow. it was like a weekend-long buzz. not a high or anything, but a stronger feeling of self worth and self esteem. some pretty wicked shit

Today my boyfriend made me chocolate cake because I gave it up for this Lent. He's so sweet.

All smiles.

Justsomeguy posted a joke in the T&A forum that I found amusing... a very special girl and I had another great conversation, and she looked at me in the eyes again... a friend of mine told me about some recent synchronicity that got me giggling... and on my way home, as I sat all alone with the car windows open and the radio blasting and a warm cappacino nearby and a lit cigarette in my hand as I zoomed on a vacant road and sliced through the darkness at the end of another day -- I felt very much at peace...

What made me smile

Cuddling up with my Boyfriend today made me smile. He always makes me smile.

PartY

my baby

Getting my sonogram done, and seeing that little baby boy inside of me, just a squiggling around, adn knowing that all is good! =D

A cutie came into my office today and asked me to come to hear his band play. He asked me before and I couldn't make it. Today he brought a flyer and really talked it up...made me smile :)

Re: my baby

MissTwitch said:
Getting my sonogram done, and seeing that little baby boy inside of me, just a squiggling around, adn knowing that all is good! =D

that's beautiful :D

an sms from one of my best friends in australia:

'ah, i'm so vova'd ah this is soooo cool wish you were here mate. you are my brother for life. i love you so much.'

he always gets like that when he goes raving.

I wrnt to the woods today and I realised something.

I grew up in the city and I used to think that the forest was a part of the city. Today I realised that the forest is the way it always was and the city built up around the woods, there's a big difference.

Also stated that someone had a lovely accent on the train, and she shot me a warm smile.

alostlittlebird...

Thankyou....It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!

a smile of satisfaction, knowing that i'm not going to try endlessly to be like my friends at college anymore. They fuck around nonstop. I don't enjoy it.

I'm going to be me. I'm going to be nice to people, accepting. ME. Not trying to be like someone else.

something to smile about :)

enjoy your day its going to be sunny in New hampshire (finally) =D

I bought a motorbike and it turned out the battery was fucked after i bought it (was always warm when i looked at it) and i had 2 buy a new 1 just after i bought it. The guy gave me a call and asked how it was going and i told him and he dropped off $50 in the letterbox for me for the battery!!! what a fucking legend!! also i just watched human traffic to G myself up for 2mororw nite where i'm dropping again for the first time since NY"s!!!
that me!

Finally picking up some of the broken pieces of my life. Got a J.O.B., applied to go back to college(dropped out about three years ago), and set up a date with a girl I used to be friends with in school. And I've been using but not abusing drugs for the last month, so I can actually feel really happy now and starting to feel better every day thanks to being a more moderate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.