• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin black tar heroin vs. black tar opium?

ongos

Bluelighter
I read someone's use of black tar opium for smoking. I've never heard of such thing. What makes it black tar? So if it's smoked it's opium, when it is injected it is heroin?

There seem to be a conception that black tar heroin is more dangerous than just heroin. Who introduced black tar heroin and what's the point of it? Is it because it is an easier procedure when manufacturing it (almost organic with no chemicals from some DIY recipes I've seen)? I read that it originated from Mexico? I read it's a poor man's heroin since it is cheaper to produce and or buy? Is it because no expensive chemicals had to be used?

is black tar heroin nothing more than just heroin that is tar in appearance? Is its process same as regular heroin? If so, then what's the point of making it as black tar?

isn't opium a bit like black tar? so black tar "heroin" is really just a dried up goop of opium passing off as heroin or what? is it not synthesized with the required reagents to make regular heroin or not?

Not sure how old the info. I found but black tar heroin is said to be legal? Maybe it was a really old info. when black tar heroin was just becoming known? The smell of black tar opium is said to be pleasant, is it the natural smell of opium? I have never smelled poppy plants before.

black tar heroin can be smoked or snorted or IVed. the difference between opium and heroin ishow much stronger heroin is its way more potent than opium is cause its concentrated.

in mexico they want a cheap quick easy process for making heroin so thney make tar all it is is a cheap way to prcess heroin its not any more addictive or dangerous than powder heroin exept for the fact that tar is real bad on veins and lungs to smoke. its hard to tell apart opium and tar but they have two very distint smells that you get to know over time

opium smells pleasant im guessing cause its natural but heroin smells like vinegar

Opium is a couple of substances mixed together that come from the opium poppy, some of these include codeine, morphine and thebaine.

Black tar heroin is mainly 6MAM and is easier to make than a heroin salt I believe. I think it comes more from Mexico then Afghanistan.

I would guess black tar opium would be a mix of the two but I've never seen it and I've been around for many years.

If your BTH smells like vinegar find a new dealer, you are getting trash product.

If your veins are collapsing because of BTH, your technique is either sub par or again, you are getting trash product.

As for the OPs questions, obviously, one is heroin and one is opium. Look up the definition of each and you will have your answers.

I dont do bth but i thought its supposed to smell like vinegar?
Idk in PA we get stamps only. And that shit smells like vitamins kinda.

It does smell like vinigar but a lot of tar is cut with syrup from pop and whatnot real nasty stuff to go in your veins.

If your BTH smells like vinegar find a new dealer, you are getting trash product.

If your veins are collapsing because of BTH, your technique is either sub par or again, you are getting trash product.

As for the OPs questions, obviously, one is heroin and one is opium. Look up the definition of each and you will have your answers.

Ive never done enough tar to collaspe my veins but know many who have destroyed their veins fron a few months of tar when years of China white left then with hardly a scar. Today I wouldn't touch BTH with a ten foot pole let alone inject it even your supposedly super amazing stuff isn't gonna be perfect and their is gonna be a time your gonna get crap it just happens its all part of the dope game. Unless you are the source bringing in the dope but even then sometimes the stuff just isn't up to par or weaker cause its cut more or just not a good quality.
I love China white it kicks tar's ass and tastes oh so sweet and bitter when you slam a half g if it=D. There is shitty white out there too though that's been cut up but I never cut my product I always sold It the way I got it or my boss would be pissed as we kept the same clientele to keep low key.
Tar isn't prevelant around here we get our stuff from Columbia and the middle east we are too far from mexico

Last edited:
black tar heroin is opium but they turn the morphine into heroin. they extract the morphine from the opium latex and other alkaloids using, acetylize (probably spelled that wrong) the morphine into heroin, and then instead of throwing out the by-product they mix it in creating a free and active cut. its awful to shoot but much nicer to smoke than cut china white (heroin mixed with inactive cuts) because the latex is flowery and the thebacon, codeine and other alkaloids add to the experience. that being said some dealers cut it further so the product is worse than china white.

^^^ tar is cut just like some China white is real bad it can taste horrible to smoke coke syrup. I like the taste of the China white except when its cut really bad

like the guy before said, the reason black tar heroin is so much cheaper and imo better is because of the simple 4 step process they use to change the morphine and codiene alkaloids from the opium into diacetylmorphine. It just feels so much more natural rather than banging a bunch of chemicals that I don't know what the hell they are cut with. I've gotten good powder dope ONCE in life. I've gotten good tar almost every time I got it.

I love China white it kicks tar's ass and tastes oh so sweet and bitter when you slam a half g if it=D.

God that's why powder dope sucks, because you have to shoot a half a g to even get high. If I shot that much tar at once I'd for sure OD and I had a pretty big tolerance. It only took a tenth to get me off, fuck a half g, powder is just a waste of money

Last edited:
you said you've gotten good powdered dope then you say powdered dope sucks. 8(

All Dope I've seen were powdered. How else does it come in, liquids in vials? This isn't pharmaceutical grade.

like the guy before said, the reason black tar heroin is so much cheaper and imo better is because of the simple 4 step process they use to change the morphine and codiene alkaloids from the opium into diacetylmorphine. It just feels so much more natural rather than banging a bunch of chemicals that I don't know what the hell they are cut with. I've gotten good powder dope ONCE in life. I've gotten good tar almost every time I got it.

God that's why powder dope sucks, because you have to shoot a half a g to even get high. If I shot that much tar at once I'd for sure OD and I had a pretty big tolerance. It only took a tenth to get me off, fuck a half g, powder is just a waste of money

There is said to be a difference between black tar opium and black tar heroin. Black tar opium is smoked, black tar heroin is IV'ed. Black tar opium is not possible to inject from what I understand, it wasn't processed to be.

everything is cut once it leaves the lab. Cutting is a way for dealers to bulk shit up to jack up profits. 8(

^^^ tar is cut just like some China white is real bad it can taste horrible to smoke coke syrup. I like the taste of the China white except when its cut really bad

Sounds like silly junkie lore. There's no reason to produce ''black tar opium'' when they can turn it into ''black tar heroin'' with a few quick and simple steps, double or triple it's potency and so double or triple their profits.

Opium is opium, whether you feel like adding "black tar"in front to describe its consistency and color is your choice.

Opium is a completely different substance and other than being a precursor, it has nothing to do with Diacetlymorphine. You cant even compare the two.

Lol I worked my way up to a half gram over years if you did a half gram of the china white i get you would die even a couple points would make you drop dead.

everything is cut once it leaves the lab. Cutting is a way for dealers to bulk shit up to jack up profits. 8(

I know that on the streets your getting 10-20 percent even for most tar. The only reason I had 80-90percent is because I knew a asian guy who imported kilos of China white and blow and I worked for him. We never cut our product we sold quarter ounces and ounces to street level dealers who in turn cut it themselves.

They would turn an ounce of our dope into 3 or more ounces of cut dope.

You can't say one is better really I mean we have preferred dope but all dope varys too much. I mean sure tar that is 30-40 percent pure will be Better than some shitty chopped up 15 percent pure China white but that doesn't mean all tar is better.
Tar just isnt my thing lucky we don't get much if any around here it destroys veins and a lot of it doesn't seem as strong as the dope I was getting but I was used to getting the pure(next to pure) China white so most tar just wouldn't cut it or I need a whole gram to get a buzz.
I'm sure lots of you guys have got shitty powdered dope but if you tried the good shit i had you would never want anything else. Dam now I really feel like some of that dope talking about it makes me drool;)

Last edited:
There is said to be a difference between black tar opium and black tar heroin. Black tar opium is smoked, black tar heroin is IV'ed. Black tar opium is not possible to inject from what I understand, it wasn't processed to be.

Well that's not the only difference heroin can be smoked too but I have never heard of someone breaking down opium and injecting it it may be possible but wouldn't be very good for you but then again black tar heroin is shitty on the veins too.

Lol look at all us junkies arguing over what dope is best the OP is probably thinking what a bunch of fucking losers. Lol

Last edited: