Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Have u given breaks a go?

lazer licker

Bluelighter
... well, have u? i think u should. i used to dismiss it, saying that i can't find a natural groove to it, and it's not hard enough (i started out in hard house).
I went to the freestylers on the long wkd, and that was my first breaks party. I was probably the messiest i've ever been out, but other then that, it was awesome.
i find that breaks music is so interesting, always changing, it can be funky, slow and mellow, or fast and chaotic, chunky, and can go hand in hand with dnb.
Went and saw adam freeland on sat night. I had the best night. i have definately found "my groove" now , enough so that i thought i forgot how to rave on the sun at sos!! or maybe that was just the acid? don't worry peoples, i was going hard at the box til 6am.
Sorry for getting off the topic there. of course, my first breaks album was plump djs; a plump night out. Its a good introductory to the wonderful world of breaks. So looking forward to A Fuzzy New Year. i put dibs on it being at the domain.
So kids, give breaks a go - and i don't just mean the beat fix room at subs, but i guesss u do have to sart somewhere...
Cheers, LL
------------------
"more, give me more" screams the bulb whore

just pimping more of the funky shit
----------------------------------
electro bleeps and ballistic beats
Friday NOVEMBER 9th @the Dendy Martin Place
$7 with a flier or $10 without
doors open 11:00
frontroom; hip hop, funky breaks, dub
Antibody (aka LEGOman)
DASE team 5000 (live laptops guitars and MC Ozi Battla)
Bentley
Sucram
backroom; breaks, electro, techy shit
Timber and Ed
Defcon 1
Calix (aka Biz-E live set)
Adi -B
to check out the flier see the attachment. You can pick em up at all the
record stores (Red Eye, Fish Newtown, Reachin, Acetate, BPM etc.)

breaks are cool
no offense, but you should let people find out for themselves rather then semi forcing it upon them....
thats much cooler
smile.gif

if they like it, they will come....
smile.gif

------------------
Dont enter my floor space or you will "Get Knocked Da Fugk Out"!!!!..."and you know this Maaaaaaan"

Thumbs up for breaks.....
Had to grow to like them thou........
------------------
No act is evil if you do it with a smile!

"I never worked a day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me"
------------------
Did I just score?

last time i was at subbies i couldnt handle voodoo...was a lil too hard house..if u could even call it that!!! hehe so i verntured off to the breaks room and had a MAD time!! and the following sunday i spent the day at sos in the cocktail bar istening to the beraks..
im def thinking of doing the NYD breaks event here in sydney
smile.gif

------------------
"...all in all, rave is the greatest antidote yet for urban anonymity. when you open your heart, and trust the whole group you dance with; when you feel love with everyone, and they return it, a higher vibration can be reached. dance is the supreme gesture of abandon, the embrace of the moment, the abeyance of work and the annihilation of guilt, neurosis, and the burden of the past."

I'm pretty sure Fuzzy NYD is at the Domain!
Breaks used to freak me out! I'd hear breaks on the radio and think the music was too all over the place.
Then i went to Home about 2 years ago and ventured into the silver room and someone was plying breaks and suddenly the music made sense
smile.gif

Have to agree with Stylin and say you can't force people to hear a certain style of music....they have to find it themselves!
------------------
'Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forward'

flutter: You, me and relevant partners, Fuzzy.
smile.gif

Breaks grew on me too, i can shuffle to breaks. Gotta love that.
biggrin.gif

DJC*
------------------
"We are the children of the revolution"

Lazerlicker, I completely agree with you, I have also recently found my 'groove' with breaks. I love the variation as well. Of course we know this is because the 'breaks' are simply the technical term for the way the beats are re-structured (someone help me out here) so you can hear anything from more progressive trancy type stuff that can have the best build ups to heavy beats and funky ass basslines that make you just get down like you never have before, it's just the way they cut the track together that makes it be classified as 'breaks'.
anyway.. YEAH! gimme a breaks party anyday.(also because usually there's d&b and hip hop in the other rooms
smile.gif
)

*stamps foot*
pfft, I'm staying right here in my voodoo security blanket
wink.gif

J-swift man, long time no fucking beats!
So when are you going to head back down to melbourne so you, me, mikey, daq and fireal can bust our asses to some hardnfast dnb, streetwise 'ip hop and some funky funky breaks?
Hell, drag the rest of the crew back down here with you.
------------------
"Interesting that god grants us all free will,
takes the credit for anything good we do,
and then dismisses bad people. He's got quite the racket going."

Breaks seem to be what you get into when you get sick of the same-ness of trance and other forms of easily digested electronica.
At least that's what happened to me....

Of course I have!! It's the lesser known cousin of DnB, right?? I loved Midfield General and Freestylers at recent events.
And I figured that's what was missing at Ministry on Saturday night. No breaks
frown.gif

If you like breaks, check out the YK series of CDs and also General Midi (aka Midfield General) Really funky.
[This message has been edited by Insecurity (edited 01 November 2001).]

Pinger: True; or when you stop taking drugs, or start taking different ones. Someone pass me a beer
------------------
"Interesting that god grants us all free will,
takes the credit for anything good we do,
and then dismisses bad people. He's got quite the racket going."

w00t! First post with my new name.. Freaking stars....
But back on topic, I really got into breaks first by listening to Timo Maas's Music for the Maases... Which in turn got me into his wet, percussive tech-trance stuff.
biggrin.gif

But if you are really looking for something to get you grooving, why not give breaks' meaner brother, drum and bass a yell?
biggrin.gif

DnB gets me going like nothing else.
------------------
Cameras ready, prepare to flash...

yeah i feel that breaks is what's missing at Heat nite club? a nice break SONG put together by backstreet boys and kylie.
wouldn't that be grand.
on a serious note, i reckon what makes listening to breaks so interesting, as someone else has already mentioned i think, is the fact that it's got so many different styles of music mixed into it.
oh and i also saw Midfield, i reckon he was okay-ish. Freq Nasty, NOW, him i loved. I've heard he is coming back again for new yrz.
wooo-fuckin-huuuuu.
peace.
------------------
Nothing lasts forever.

Nothing like a night out with some dirty 'ol breaks if you ask me
biggrin.gif

Last i went was Tayo/Nubreed @33.33333-quite a while back, but pretty damn good nonetheless!