Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Which came first for you?

melt

Bluelighter
just out of curiousity, which came first for you? the music, then the drugs? or the drugs then the music?
i've known some people who go to parties just to do the drugs and get off as opposed to those who are into the music and the drugs come second. no offense to all those who get off at parties...i, for one, am off my nuts and have a great time, all the time at a party
smile.gif

for me, the music played a pretty big role in the formative years, and i've only witnessed firsthand the whole rave/party/chemical experience after coming over to melbourne. i'm just wondering if it matters to the whole enjoyment factor and experience at a party if u don't understand or enjoy the music to begin with.
------------------
Repetition is the key to success. Repetition is the key to success.

the music
smile.gif

"una muzika senza ritmo"
*or something along those lines (spelling), and yes, its the oldskool tune that i just quoted*
baie
smile.gif

i think the majority of people will say the music bcause if you don't like the music you would never go and not get involved in drugs.
rather be at the pub sinking jd and listening to barnsey!!
smile.gif

Definitely the music..........the drugs just enhance it now
smile.gif

Speaking of enhancing it, I discovered the beeeeeeeeeeest way Friday night when we were out seein Pee Wee Ferris, and on some reeeeeeeeeally nice lil pills... I lay down on the floor on the side of the dancefloor with my arms and legs in the air and my head hard against the floor........ohhhhh man it was sooooooooo amazing - felt like the beat and the vibrations were flowin straight into all the untapped regions of my brain *LOL*
Pity I had to stop though - my friends said people would think I was passed out if I stayed there too long....hahaha
------------------
"Come to the edge, he said.
They said: We are afraid.
They came.
He pushed them...and they flew."
- Guillaume Apollinaire

The music... It took me ages to overcome my initial nervousness about the drugs and try E for the first time. It was great, but still some of the greatest parties I remember were done straight. Did anyone go to Halcyon Knights for the millenium? That blew me away without the aid of any substances!

yah music....still the music...i still go to more shit straight lamost i reckon. friday night jeff mills was amazing pretty damn straight. just sat up the back watching him, he didn't play the best shit, but really good to watch. CJBolland revolution v1.0, straight as, awesome partee. not to say i'm a boring fucker, i still get bulk chopped (c;
------------------
going back to romford... ;)
------------------

music music music music allllllll the way!!!
Damn it's soooooo good!
Drugs are just like the icing on the cake, make it that lil' more sweeter!
------------------
You live life once - so, go crazy, don't stop - make the most of it!

First rave: Trade ---> 11th June 2000
First pill: Hardware 17 ---> 25th November 2000
smile.gif

------------------
"The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay...
Love isn't love, till you give it away."

Just to be different, i'm going to say the drugs. I had barely even heard of a 'rave' when I had my first drug experience - it was introduced to me in *completely* different circumstances. Over a year or so later, I had my first party experience at hardware14, and no, I wasn't on drugs, but i was definitely spell-bound by the whole night. I'll never forget walking in that shed and thinking "holy shitballs" hehe
So yeah, the drugs came first, but that doesn't mean i have less appreciation for the music. Infact - I prefer to keep drugs and music as two seperate entities - sure, they can be nice together...but totally mind-blowing on their own.

yup
music 1st
the drugs are just for when the batteries in the discman go flat.
C

I started listening to trancy kinda stuff when I was around 12... Went to my first rave (Every Pic 9) in '94, didn't take drugs at a party till the end of '97...
Go the music!
biggrin.gif

I first started listening to electronic music in maybe '93 or '94, didn't get into the chemicals until last year.

like what BlakMagicWoman said. I love the music, and if I love to dance to a good set. The drugs just "assist".
So definetly the Music 1st.
------------------
Previously known as Chet

The drugs came first for me.
That opened my eyes and ears to the big wide world of electronic music.
And I haven't looked back!
------------------
Wild Things 2 - Ye Olde Bovines
Kryal Castle
Saturday, 28th April, 9pm-7am

THE MUSIC - 'always remember the music' heh heh heh
------------------
STOMPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
[This message has been edited by Stompr (edited 02 April 2001).]

Drug me up scotty!
First pill was tasted approximately 1 hour before i stepped into my first club(tweekin).... Before that i totally hated this stuff called "Techno" etc... all i'd heard was top 40 bullshit, and thinkin my friend was just trying to get me to go to one of those awful places! God if i hadn't listened, dont know what i'd be doin now... Maybe singin along to Britney
frown.gif

But yeh, it took about 3 months for me to be able to go to really appreciate the music and not have to take drugs - sounds pretty bad, but hey
smile.gif
whatcha gonna do?
This is coming from some one who used to only take acid and smoke pot, listen to floyd, nirvana, metallica etc..

Music came first.
Started with Jazz when I was playing Sax. Then got into Indie/Alternative stuff at the end of high school. Lots of gigs and festivals. Started listening to Drum and bass and Breakbeat stuff. Started going to clubs to hear it out then eventually tried a pill.
The music is always there, the drugs now and then...