• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who are you voting for in the coming election?

Mr. Horse

Bluelight Crew
Now, I know the golden rule, dont ask people about their: age, sexual pref, and political beliefs, but give a fuck....
I think it would be really cool if Natasha Spot-Destroyer become Australia's first female PM. I was not a huge fan of the democrats while under the rule of Smeg Lees, but I think Natasha has sent a breath of fresh air throughout the houses of parliament.
With that said, I still probably wont vote democrats, because as a party I dont believe they are up to the task of running the country YET.
My vote will be with Labour, with local branch of Democrats (this is the first time i will be able to vote! yay for being 18) There is no WAY that little pissant Howard will be getting my vote. The liberal party are the biggest bunch of scumbags on the face of this earth, and I think its high time they were voted out of office. John Howards view on the heroin trials is enough to see that his conservative views are hindering the country.
I also believe that the GST has damaged a large portion of Australia, and while its probably irriversable, I believe Big Kim can do something to help the current tax system.
Anyone else?
horse
smile.gif

HOWARD has proven his incompetence, and Kim Beazly cant hold a conversation without sounding like hes being given an enema(ive used this before I know but i think its schwweeet!)..
I hate them both..
but youve GOTTA LOVE TASH!!!!
go natasha!!!
=K9=

I have had the pleasure of talking to the goddess Natasha. She was really nice.

im boycotting all the big ones. gonna find a little one to vote for that i at least have some interest in. we need a ravers united political party, lol

dems or greens... probably dems...
EDIT: plaz having just remembered who gave him that GST on his lovely cd's... decides to give natasha the arse and vote green...
[This message has been edited by plazma (edited 30 August 2001).]

first time voter here too.
its pretty obvious the libs are out on their arse. whoever wins, i want marijuana legalised in their first term.
heh not likely eh.

I'm not. Thanks to the preferential voting system it's going to be either Labour or Liberal that end up in power, and frankly I don't think either of them deserve to be. And I can't bring myself to succumb to the "lesser of two evils" thing, so I don't want to feel responsible for whichever dickhead ends up governing us.
Some may think I'm throwing my vote away, and yeah they're right. But I never have been nor will I ever be an advocate for compulsory voting. All that ends up is an incorrect representation of the public opinion based on all the people that "only ever vote Labour or Liberal" without even considering the policies.
Billy Connolly once said "if you wouldn't talk to them in a bar, don't fucking vote for them!". I think there's something sensible about that logic.
smile.gif

Well it matters little who I vote for in the lower house (house of rep's) because I have the misfortune of living in a 100% safe blue-ribbon liberal seat which is not going to change hands any time in this century. Just for the fuck of it though, I'll probably vote labour.
In the senate however, thanks to good 'ole proportional representation, hopefully I'll be helping the greens nail another seat...

neither labour of libral (not that it makes any differernce). I would vote for greens: even though they wont gain a majority, if they have more MPs they will have more political sway.
unfortunately i cant vote yet though

voting some weird order through the prefs on the Reps vote card, the libs will be last (assuming no extremist/right wing/whacko/one nation candidates). ALP will be getting my prefs for practical purposes (ie, nobody else is gonna win my seat apart from major parties).
Greens or Dems in senate.

Natasha has a hidden adgenda imho. There's something i just don't like about the woman and this gut feeling inclines me to not completely trust her. That said I don't trust politicians in general and will need to become better informed before I decide which rep gets my vote.
------------------
But who needs a car, when you've got a pogo stick

Despite the fact that Ms Despoja is a senator and couldn't become PM, unless she crossed to the House of Reps, the other thing is I don't think the Democrats want to become the majority party in the lower house.
I think the role the Democrats want is to hold the balance of power in the senate (along with the Greens and Independents), so neither party can take control of both houses, as there slogan goes KEEP THE BASTARDS HONEST.
I am a Labor man through and through (one time Union Delegate), Labor is all about spending, spending on Education and Health primarily, while the Liberals just seem to save the money, and show how great they are because they've got a surplus.
I'm ranting again, so I'll just say JOHN HOWARD AND PETER COSTELLO GIVE ME THE SHITS, NOT TO MENTION ANDREW MACHFARLAN SOUNDS LIKE HE'S HAD A TRACK-E-OT-A-ME (spelt phonetically, 'cause I'm not sure how to spell it)

the prime minister doesn't necesarily have to sit in the house of reps (in fact the australia doesn't really need a prime minister according to the constitution), so my vote is with tash. Fuck me, i didn't actually think i'd get to the point where I found both major parties disagreeable enough to vote for a minor one. Go democrats, go....

One Nation and Pauline.
------------------
Shut up. If I wanted to listen to an arsehole, I would have farted.

Greens have the allure of the only non-political political party. That is they are issue based and have some integrity rather than being prostitues of popular electral consensus.
That's why they get my vote, even if it isn't worth spit. Spotty might be ok, but I've known a few of her advisors who say she isn't the brightest bulb in the set. Plus the Canberra democrats are personally a bunch of rat-bags.
Labor lacks vision and leadership, but they sure beat the fuck out of the Libs, but I don't think the fed election's outcome is a sure thing yet.

First time voter here too.
Got nfi where my vote's going.
[This message has been edited by Mirage (edited 30 August 2001).]

My vote will again be with the greens on the provision that I am still allowed to lick the LSD off the bark on the trees for the next 4 years!
if that fails i'm down to:
Bill Clinton - cause boy can he pull the chicks!
smile.gif

Jeff Kennett - i'm jelous of his hair-do!
smile.gif

politics........pffffffft!
nuff said.....
------------------
NOTE: Plastic bananas are for eating, not throwing!

4 years from now we'll all be saying how much we hate labour and liberal will be getting voted back in, thats the general public for ya.
I'll probably vote liberal (shock horror!)because they have managed to stop us going into a complete recession at what should be the very bottom of the current economic cycle, a task which labour fails miserably at every single time. Plus they've paid off 2/3 of our $90 billion debt which is probably half the reason we haven't hit a recession this time round. On top of that Labour hasn't actually presented any policies yet, pretty piss poor if you ask me.
Feel free to flame away, will probably forget to look in this thread again anyway
smile.gif