• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Who are you voting for in the coming election?

I dunno who if i wanna vote for any but ya just gotta try and pick the best of the shit.
I know who i DONT wanna vote for.

They'r all crap. If I get time I'll run myself. Otherwise I'm going to vote Green, if they have a candidate.
smile.gif

Well although I don't like the leaders of either major party I will still vote liberal in the lower house. The reason is that the liberal view of the world (Flat playing ground) gells with my own (Although not entirely). However I vote Greens in the upper house as I do have an evironmental concious (And yes I drive a V8 but it was weak moment).
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

If only there was a law preventing the ignorant from voting....
Without any doubt, the John Howard government is the greatest leadership this nation has had since the Menzies era.

^^^^
His first statement contradicts his second...
*Joking*
wink.gif

im voting labour or greens.
fuck liberal, i dont actually know anything about th current economic situation of australia... but i do know that howard is a disgrace for us all.
shame on him, out he goes.

Hmmmm, I've been trying to avoid posting on this topic but here goes...
DQ, yeah, as far as I'm aware it was a world wide recession. The libs used it to their advantage though.
Soma, werd.
Most of us base our opinions of politicians on what we see on the media. The fact is that to the people who run the media the Libs are the preffered party.
Even the ABC is now run by liberal party cronies.
Based on that, think about this. We all hate John Howard, why? Because no matter how much the media favours the liberal party, there is no making John Howard seem like a good person.
From all accounts Kim Beazley is a really, really friendly and genuine guy. From all accounts, John Howard is a weazle.
I'm not saying that the Labour party is perfect, far from it. They will proabably fail to show a surplus each year.. due to wasting the tax payers money on stupid stuff like hospitals.

First time voter, i'll probably go greens i guess
I wish i had the slightest fuckin idea... But i suppose fixing the environment can only be a good thing?
------------------
Bluelight was brought to you today by the letter E

i agree cancle. i was watching it as well and i was surprised how well beazley went in comparison to howard.. but i dont think it really matters that much though, i dont think that program really makes a big enough difference to peoples opinions..
i believe the reason howard doesnt want another debate is because the government has kept from the opposition key info on the budget at the moment and he doesnt want them to be able to make any solid promises based on the info, which is why he had the debate so early on.
he is a small man, our prime minister.
im not sure who to vote for in the lower house, but probly democrats in the senate.

i've got some idea.....well not really!!! yes..i do but....im not telling!!! hehehe *folds arms*
looks like most of ya are going 4 the trees!!!! hehehe GO THE TREES!!!!!
wink.gif

I watched that debate, and I think the reason Beazley completely outperformed Howard was due to the fact he stole his fire. Basically, the Sept 11 attacks in no small part helped the liberal party, because it brings issues of national security right to the fore. Degfence is often dominated by realist ideology which tends more be the playground of conservative and right wing parties. If you see recently, all Howard has been talking about is 'taking strong leadership in these times of tradgedy' etc, etc... Trying to shift the policy emphasis toward defence and security. However tonight, I guess Howard was going to pull the same line and expected Beazely to stick to the 'public services, education and heathcare' argument. However, Beazely was all prepared, and went in hard with a well prepared security and defence strategy, and switched discussion toward it before Howard had a chance to introduce it first. Therefore, with the metaphorical rug pulled out from under him, Howard was forced to switch back to the GST. 0wn3d.

nice analysis there thoth !
still, as i said, not sure whether it means much in the scheme of things.. with some hope, perhaps.

my main hombre bizzy beazley comes through with the goods once again. he showed a strength ive not seen from him yet and put forward a few good ideas he's obviously been holding back for a while. i think the general public will start seeing him as a bit more of a potential leader and start to consider the policies he puts forward seriously.
hehe see that worm dive as soon as the word gst came out of howards mouth!
p.s. does anyone know the strength of the greens in the NSW upper house? i want to vote for them but itll do shit all good in the lower house since my seat is safest labour in NSW...

I'll keep my vote secret, but why are people basing their vote on the strong hold of the seat where they live?
If you get a hundred people saying "I won't vote X party because they won't win," it becomes a contradiction and the party who boasts those votes aren't representing.
Reprazent!
smile.gif

------------------
"I'm in court for owning child support"
-Kool Keith - 'King of NY'

in theory yes,
but im serious when i say my seat is safe labor. i mean, really fuckin safe, one of the safest (not that im upset about it... but still its a fact). my lower house vote effectively does not count. thats why im considering my options in the senate, where it might make a bit of a difference.
(i think ill vote greens for sure now, the senate is a joke anyway, sposed to be in the interests of the states but its now totally under party lines)

snrub: use the preference system for the lower house (Reps) in your favour. select the greens candidate first, then list the remaining candidates in your preferred order. if the greens candidate fails to win the seat, your vote goes to your second choice (it still counts as a whole vote). if your second choice fails to win, your vote goes to you third choice, and so on until a clear winner is found. it's a bit more complex than that, but you shouldn't be afraid to vote for the candidates you want to, in the House of Reps at least.
it works differently in the Senate though. preferences count for less, cos it's set up to allow minor parties into the whole deal.

yep i know how it works buddy
smile.gif

but it really is a waste of time me looking for the box that says greens and then deciding who else to vote for in which order. if labor lose my seat i will personally travel to every single oz bluelighters house and kiss them on the arse(disclaimer: thats for this election only, we live in a volatile age
wink.gif
)
the senate works on a percentages over the whole state, so it matters less what the demographic of the area you live in is(well.. the area is bigger i spose)

Well I always vote liberal in the lower house. Main reason is that their view of how to run a country is more alligned to my own beliefs (Being the level playing field). However in the Senate I'm a swinging voter and yes undecided but either the democrats or the greens.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

Well for me its a policy thing, and education is high on that list.
I don't particularly like the fact that Howard took away my f&^*@! HECS scholarship, and also not happy about the funding cuts, BUT I am not happy with the Brack's government which is putting a strangle hold on Victoria's Universities. As education is a state matter, more money is being dished off to the "BEST" *scoff* *cough* *BS* unis: melbourne & monash. But eh... hopefully corporate funding will save my arse.
However, Beazly re-introducing the HECS scholarships is a good idea, but why only to teaching? As if someone is gonna make a career decision based on the fact that they won't have to pay tuition (and if that's they case that's fucked. 'Cause you should do what you feel you really want to do, not 'cause it's cheap).
I'm more in favour of Howard's introduction of a new HECS type payment plan for post-graduate courses. Seeing as most Masters courses are over $10,000, and PhDs are f#*^ng costly as well.
And what is Beazly's knowledge nation. In the debate he kept harping on it. But what the fuck is it?
I'm still going through the policies, but what we need tho' is a youth party. 1 for each state so you can get the votes up. If it were seat based you'd get fuck all votes. That would be choice, and we might then even have a voice.
------------------
I felt a cleaving in my mind, as if my mind had split.
I tried to match it seam by seam, but could not make the fit.
The thought behind I strove to join, unto the thought before.
But sequence ravelled out of sound, like balls upon a floor.