• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Kids drugs and the media spining more bullshit.

ChEmIcaL_NiGhT

Bluelighter
Pills leading to heroin, 99% of pill's with herion and other adulterants (lsd)
What a load...
Comments??
(ps the only good one was the guy from Home.)

i for one.....have seen so many of my friends on herion...and i would never ever ever think about stickn a needle in my arm....... i
*shudders*
frown.gif

it actually said 99% of pills are not MDMA. And many pills have heroin and Lsd in them.
U gotta love that girl with the carrot up the ass , the one thats reading of cards telling about, how it all started with one pill..... HAHAHA
good to c Sublime on tv!!
smile.gif

they're talking about the 'kids drugs & growing up' doco on channel nine right now.
their main focus now is addiction...to both heroin (which they've spent a lot of time on) and now cocaine.
interesting doco...pretty balanced. no time for longer reply right now

I was just watching that show.
It's funny how it's full of adults like steve bracks and kim beazley and whoever else telling the parents out there what it's like being a 'kid' today.
And all the kids are on Heroin. And pot WILL eventually lead to heroin. It's a wanky show but at least they're trying.
It's funny though how you never hear those stories about people who recreationally use drugs and can still manage to lead balanced lives, without spiralling downwards into self destruction.
Guess that just doesnt happen.
It's a shame that they didnt enter more into the drugs like mdma, coke and speed, regarding addiction and the rest of it.
Felt most sorry for those girls from Altona high. Noone had taught them how to read properly.

Thats doco was shite!!! Everything was heroin, heroin, heroin. It was basically saying to parents, all your kids are on H and there is nothing you can do. And the celebrities were fucken pearlers... molly meldrum looked like he was off his chops during the interview. Pauline Hanson had some inspiring words... "you're precious" (what i think was editted out was, "you're precious to my white australia policy, if you all go killing you're selves on drugs then the asians will take over and then i'll really be fucked.") And Big fella Kim Beazley was the true political leader... "there was a lot of dope around when i was a teenage, but I never did it." And all those chicky celebrities, as if they have never blown a line of coke. I was impressed though with those celebrities that laid their rep on the line and admitted to drug use on tv.
Basically, that doco was propaganda bullshit. All forms of drug use were bundled into the hardcore basket of heroin addiction. No offense to those that have lost anyone to drug use, but seriously this doco took the easy way out and threw up a few tragic and shocking experiences and added a celebrities to validate. There was little objective analysis of any drug. No distinction made between drug use and drug abuse. Little distinction made between drugs. Finally, statistics and facts were few and far between. Bar the odd, 'one out of ten children aged 12 or less have tried cannibis' statisitic, i was expecting a far more rounded discussion of drugs.
Well, i have definately been inspired to write my own documentary about drugs... free of sensationalism.

Quite an interesting Doco, some valid points but quite a lot of tripe and normal media shit.
I like how they try to dissmiss the whole Drug Pusher ideal and reveal that anyone could be selling drugs to your children.
Also that police tests are showing LSD is being more and more commonly found in pills, anyone have any more on that? and do any of the test kits detect traces of LSD?
Bit of a joke tho how the officer claims he can garantee 99% of pills ravers buy arnt MDMA. This is where Bluelight comes in, with the wealth of information on this site and if more ravers were aware of it 99% of people can be a whole lot more certain that they are popping something that they have half a clue about when they decide that they should use recreactional drugs.
The only time 99% of the pills you buy will be shit is if your ignorant about the wealth of information out there, such as this site, and dont test your bikkies.
[This message has been edited by Fry-d- (edited 09 October 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Fry-d- (edited 09 October 2001).]

Truly dissapointing.
"Hi I'm a celebrity, I have never used drugs and know virtually nothing about them. I'm hear to tell you that drugs are ba...
*holds finger to ear*
"Oh sorry they are VERY bad"
What a load of propaganda. Virtually no actual infomation conveyed, just a string of people talking about something that they have no understanding of.

I only caught the 2nd half, and it seemed mostly focused on the heroin prob.
Ya reckon that without heroin around, there wouldnt be such a big war on drugs goin on?
And if it wasnt around, would the focus be on E's or coke? xtc being more widespread, but coke being more dangerous. Or is there fuck all coke around here?
------------------
Proud to be a part of Camp Bubbles
Psychonaut in training.
"uh, Houston? We have a drug problem."

The first half was relating to wiz, pills etc, and how they *WILL* lead to getting on the horse. A joke, I turned it off in disgust!.
And i luv it how they say lots of pill have herrion and lsd in em..
GO TO DANCESAFE YOU MORONS, check the GC tests and youll find NO PILLS WHAT SO EVER with H or LSD, and a large proportion (maby 50% or more) have mdma, or a least MDXX...
More media scare tactics.. The few good points were all made by the operator of home, and were relating to the dealing aspect and how its just your regular 16-18yo joe trying to have cheaper pills by selling to a few friends etc etc...
Anyway.. Exactly what i expected.. Tripe.

It is important for a lot of people to know that the pill testing kits are not desgined to only show up positive for mdma. They will show up positive for a range of chemicals. With testing, you get what you pay for.
Sadly the same rule doesn't apply for pills.
Like Chemical_Night says, Gas Chromotography is far more conclusive in determining what is in ya pills. As far as getting your own, gc though ... well
smile.gif
... I wish!

Hey if anyone taped this (in melb region I guess?) can I borrow the tape?
email me at [email protected] <- not a joke if you thought it was..
thanks
------------------
He who laughs last thinks slowest."
-
All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

this was very much as i expected it to be.. when will they learn that zero tolerance is not the answer!?
although, it is very sad to think of young undeveloped minds taking drugs and destroying there whole lives..
but where are the positive drug stories? normal people that take drugs in moderation as an escape.. why arent both sides of the coin ever shown by our media!!
as bill hicks would say "i've had some killer times on drugs, im not promoting it but im not denying it.. lets hear the whole story"
smile.gif

pot leading to H is such bullshit.. sure it would happen but for the amount of pot smokers it would be a very small percentage.. prob no more than alcohol..
and when they go through the drugs and describe the short term and long term effects it is always something like this..
mdma: short term affects:
increased heart rate, body temperature and blood pressure
jaw clenching, teeth grinding
nausea
anxiety
loss of appetite
sweating
hmmmm.. ok.. what about the LOVE?? love for friends, the world, music, other people.. this is the effect people are looking for and it isn’t even mentioned!
same with LSD: short term effect
pupils of the eyes may dilate
rapid heart rate
nausea and loss of appetite
chills, flushing
shaking
paranoia
confusion
abnormal rapid breathing
acute panic (a 'bad trip')
abdominal discomfort
poor coordination.
this is even worse.. what about the overall experience?? the higher state of consciousness reached with LSD.. the things u can learn about yourself and the world.. they are never even mentioned on show's like this.. the short term effects mentioned above are things that just accompany a mind expanding trip..
sorry this is so long.. i have one last thing to say.. seeing john howard talking on the show about drugs.. he is the one person in this country who desperately need to drop some acid.. and realise how much of a weak little cocksucker he is.. and how much time he spends on his knees sucking hard on george bush's cock.. stand up for yourself and our country john u useless fucker!!
*vent - over*

I don't dispute the fact that one kind of drug can lead to another - I doubt anyone started using Heroin as their 'first' drug.
However to say that mull or E WILL lead to Heroin is a generalisation (it's like saying your first drink will lead to alcoholism) Having said that, I think it's important that we admit the statement is not entirely unfounded.
I believe that addiction depends on the individual rather than the 'drug'. Supposedly Mull is not addictive, but I'll tell anyone who will listen that it is. Anything is addictive - work, excersise, eating, not eating..... it depends on the indiviual.
I had a friend who died from Heorin last year - his first drug was Mull. It can happen, it does happen but it's not a given. Drugs are drugs and should always be treated with caution and responsibility.
Now.... pass me that note....
------------------
Token Signature: STOMPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Same old story.
If anyone is interested, Im thinking of making a documentary about drugs and their mis conceptions in society.
Im serious by the way.
email me if you are interested or think you can contribute.
smile.gif

I don't think any show about drugs that dares to have to line "If you're going to dabble in drugs, at least practice moderation" can be written off quite as quickly as a lot of people here have. It's kind of ironic that when the media reports on drugs most of the drug using population will instantly assume it's entirely false and total propaganda, in much the same way that the media might instantly assume drugs are evil.
Although this show was propaganda (I didn't expect otherwise), at least there were some redeeming elements. There were some quotes that hinted at the fact that drugs can even be fun - granted these were slipped into positions where they wouldn't be noticed, but they were there none the less. So my view of the program could have been better, but was probably the best thing we'll ever get on prime time commercial television. At least they're sort of trying...
I think when criticising these sorts of shows we need to remember that we're never going to get a pro-drugs documentary in the same sort of timeslot. And frankly, I'm glad there won't be. As good as we all may believe drugs can be - if a TV network were ever to explicitly acknowledge it then half the population that aren't sure about it all will probably be convinced to try drugs. And of those people that do this, most of them won't know what they're getting into, and will not be the types of people that should be trying such powerful substances.
The major problem with the show in my mind was not the message, but the incorrect statistics. The fact that they provided wrong data to support their claims didn't help their credibility, and neither did some of the celebrities they chose. But all up and despite its faults, I think that it wasn't too bad. I won't say it was good, but it wasn't a total write off either...

Actually I thought the show was the best effort yet in regards to drugs.
It was clear an didn't say that using drugs was going to lead to addiction and death.
When describing effects of drugs it only stated what is measurable. Things like love or the overwhelming sensation to hug everybody in sight, can't be measured. This is as much for legal reasons regarding liability etc.
It said that if you do become addicted you can turn your life around and once again control your life.
It had famous people admitting to the use of drugs. I think the guy who used to be on Family Circle or whatever said 'I would look at this stuff on the table and I wouldn't say what's this I would say where's mine'.
Anyway it wasn't perfect but not to bad. And remember the show was more aimed at older adults whom are uneductaed and younger children, it wasn't aimed at the likes of us as we already have firm almost unmoving opinions on the topic of drugs.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.