• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BLUELIGHTER TUNES PART 119-come here to check out bluelights own dance music makers

[serotone]

Bluelighter
www.mp3.com.au/serotone
well i finally have got my ass into gear anduploaded my shit to mp3.com.au. All thanks to my new cable net. An item of interest might be the 'live at ocean grove' track. its a set i did whilst up at the holiday house.....so yeah.
umm. err. umm. its kinda acidic too.
Apart from that lets get this fucking thread filled with tracks and also your feedback please
------------------
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION:
B.T.S.O.M
www.mp3.com.au/serotone

well..
not all of us have cable.
so no trax from me, not that anyone gives a fuck, heheh.

good track serotone, goes pretty hard champ nice phat fast beats, katch ya at kryal
------------------
"ill never try an E" quote from me june1999(and i didn't untill about 40 pills later)

no shit, i meant if you are going cya there
------------------
"ill never try an E" quote from me june1999(and i didn't untill about 40 pills later)

hehe cool. nah...i'm not gonna be there.
frown.gif

www.mp3.com.au/serotone
just a reminder ; )
i'm not going ot let this thread die like the rest. come on you producers, post ur shit on the web u lazy fuckers
------------------
B.T.S.O.M
www.mp3.com.au/serotone

well, i've uploaded my stuff, too bad its shit.
Well i'm just a rookie, any feedback would be greatly appreciated...anyone?
www.mp3.com.au/Hardicus
------------------
"I've come to tear down everything around you, and you know what i'm going to replace it with? Something new. God. The world of God."

hardicus - didn't care much for the others, but i thought "save the whales" was a pretty cool track, nice and quirky acid-tek sounds. i would maybe use the break-y beat part near the start abit more in the track rather than just in the intro. but pretty cool track...

thanx aksen, believe me constructive criticism is exactly what i need right now
------------------
"I've come to tear down everything around you, and you know what i'm going to replace it with? Something new. God. The world of God."

no problemo hardicus
smile.gif

serotone - "real millenium (serotones f&cked up...)" - thought the start was a little weak, but picks up nicely. maybe the vocal sample is a little..."cheesy"
smile.gif

"keep rocking" - hmmm again the vocal sample...not really my style. didn't like the little reverse sound used every 8 beats in the first half. guess it borders a little too close to trance for my liking once that main lead sound comes in.
"david and the megaphone (...)" - bangin'. probably pick of the tracks for me. i could imagine myself giving serious consideration to buying this if i heard it on vinyl.
"real millenium" - vocal sample again
smile.gif
feel the track lacks...body? like there should be a little more too it? not quite sure what i mean...melody later in the track is good.
"live at ocean grove part 1" - don't like the orchestral stab (or what ever it is). not really doing anything for me, maybe abit too much stuff cluttering the mix? sorta sounds like theres abit too much going on. also sounds abit muffled after the breakdown, though once the acid line stops its abit clearer. trance line - bleh, but then i don't really like trance
smile.gif
acid after that is alright...
hmmm hope i don't sound like too much of a bastard in this review
smile.gif
should be getting some of my stuff very soon so everyone can tell me how crap it is
smile.gif

smile.gif

I know what you mean......with real millenium. I used Orion for that, and most of my tracks that are online. I never get to add everything i want to in a track before my cpu spits the dummy....unfortunately it results in some of them being not 'full'....
also an all round problem i will have is that i don't have reference speakers. I am using a dodgy hifi to do a half assed attempt at mastering......
frown.gif
That could explain the cluttered sound in the acid set.
The fucked up remix of real millenium was done on reason recently, and the vocal was meant to be somewhat 'fucked up or cheesy'
smile.gif
... i made a point of dropping it out when it kicked in though coz it sounded gay, and orginally i only used it every 8 bars.....i can't remembr what made me keep it throught the break.....*shrugs* hehehe
smile.gif

thanks for the constructive critiscm. btw that remix of David and the megaphone was my lsat track on orion...it goes to show what you can do with a few vst plugins
wink.gif

By the way, i got some more live work up. Check out 'live at @mosphere 2000' and also 'the pah song live'
[This message has been edited by [serotone] (edited 23 April 2001).]

serotone - know what you mean about CPU issues, been trying out a few programs recently and the crappy old pent-200 just can't do anything. time for an upgrade...
"the pah song" - really like the second half of this, after the fade/breakdown/crossover bit, nice and driving, bit more interesting percussion wise which is always going to make me like something
smile.gif
also like the intro sound, very interesting.
"live at @mostphere" - couldn't listen to it all (at work atm), just skipping through it, sounded cool though, specially like the section round 20 minutes til the end. makes me wish i hadn't gotten rid of 90% of my hardware...

What did you own?
All the live tracks were written on an mc505, rm1x, behringer 2004 mixah, and behringer virtualiser. Since then I've acquired a kawai k3m synth, and i also am playing around with the tone gen in my xp10.
The acid track also used a bit of rebirth
wink.gif

------------------
B.T.S.O.M
www.mp3.com.au/serotone

at one stage i had all the following:
novation bass station
novation drumstation
korg poly-800
roland tb-303
roland tr-505
roland tr-707
roland juno 106
roland sh3a
roland system-100
yamaha tx16w (sampler)
samson mpl1502 (mixer)
alesis midiverb 2
zoom studio 1201
plus a couple of guitar pedals
oh, and a casio sk1
smile.gif

out of all that, i have only the drumstation, mixer, effects and sampler left (oh, and the casio
smile.gif
). the sampler is old and has no way near enough memory to do anything, the drumstation is good but needs to hooked up to the PC (was good when i had the tr-505, could sequence the drumstation from that), but theres simply not enough gear left to do anything. been thinking about buying a nice new sampler, but the power you get from software these days means its not worth it at the moment. until i want to do a live thing (really want to, cos i only sort of do now), i'm better off upgrading the PC...
i wish i still had all my gear, but i needed money at the time, i wasn't using most of it (couldn't get it set up permanently) and i felt i no longer needed 6 monotimbral synths
smile.gif
but now...oh well...

Really these days i reckon a good synth, good sequencer and good sampler would suffice, of course with a nice digital mixer. Perhaps a drum machine too. I really like the yamaha rs7000, with its multiband compressor -YUM-.....or the emu command station things...they look sick. Anyway, i must go crap.
bye

dunno if this will work seeing as the thread is fscking around abit, but anyway...
mp3.com.au/aksen is finally up. only one track so far, but i'll get some more up in the next week.
damn the quality @ 28 kb/s is shocking. think realaudio does a much better job at delivering realtime content. but it even sounds worse than you other guys mp3.com.au stuff - something to do with the original mp3? or is it just the way the track sounds originally that causes it? curiouser and curiouser...