• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Boy bands and Popstars, don't we all love em!

focus

Bluelighter
Mirror mirror on the wall,
who are the prettiest wankas of them all?
Their plastic looks are the only thing that vaguely save popstars from the shocking realisation that their music is worse than the remains of a banana digested by a rabid ass raped monkey with a severe case of dihorrea.
Who is your favourite popstar/piece of monkey turd?
Personally I believe NSYNC have my vote, thhe quality of their vocals, the depth of their lyrics, and the passion with which they dance cannot be rivalled.
oh, i almost forget their outfits, wow do they make me wet or what!
Any other contenders?
------------
"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be."
Voltaire

trust me it's not them that's the wankers, it's the people who buy that shit..
they are the ones getting rich with their crap, not u or i.
sad isn't it

Speaking of NSYNC, theres a rumour going around in the music forum (i don't know whether it's true or not.. it's just a rumour), that BT will be collaborating with them..
Like i said.. it's just a rumour.. but.. uggghh...
I don't wanna think about it
frown.gif

richie.

I like Britney but I think she is different because she's talented.
------------------
IN TONE: IN TUNE: IN TOUCH
Be aware of every sound...

i wish i was in a boy band...
------------------
B.T.S.O.M.
-When the lights are out, all woman are beautiful-

bt+NSYNC is true.
sorry people.
**sniffle**
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

I have heard a nasty nasty rumour that one of our perth moderators *cough*entropope*cough* is a member of the bengaboys, it's not a typo, it's the bengaboys, SHame entropope Shame!
Also another hot rumor off the blocks is that raw applied for popstars but got rejected cos he didnt provide enough of the rwudeboy, junglist feel that the group needed to kick it's sales on...
Oh i could go on and on, Everyone knows i'm messing though and 90% of people won't get itbut i have the wednesday, thursday n friday blues
frown.gif

Peace
rc1n

Ay for real... I was gipped!! :O
noise noise noise for the crotch grab...only if you want it
Ah you're just jealous rc1n because you didnt get to audition (he spelt his name wrong on the application...
wink.gif
"rwude" ???)

bah! Like you all would knock back the opportunity to be in one of these bands and cash in?
wink.gif

Its actually something I would love to get involved in. Not the actual "being a tool to the corporate music machine" but actually BEING the corporate music machine.
I mean, think about it. Everyone has a ripe old whine about how shit the music is etc... but when it comes down to it, you have to be a BLOODY good song writer if you want millions upon millions of people listening to your music, thus generating the sales needed to make the money-making wheels spin.
The production of these songs are SO slick, and so unbelievably 100% accurate, that the people behind the mixing desk (ie: me soon, hopefully) must be a talented bunch.
The world we live in is becoming more and more manufactured, in every aspect of our lives. (All part of globalisation, but I wont go there
wink.gif
)
Its inevatable,,,just enjoy the ride I say.
horse
smile.gif

------------------
"I am into way more hardcore shit than just "Hardhouse" I don't even like hardcore techno. It's not hardcore enough for me. So I'm into speedcore/grindcore techno." - DJ SKINNY GEE

I heard it quoted that the average raver could dance the arse of a boy-band... While smoking a ciggarette. Nuff said.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

The Bits you don't Like in others are the bits you don't like in your self
UNCONDITIONAL PLUR ETERNAL
------------------
Healing onesself heals the universe
What you are looking for you already are

but when it comes down to it, you have to be a BLOODY good song writer if you want millions upon millions of people listening to your music, thus generating the sales needed to make the money-making wheels spin.
it's all because of the TALENT and song writing ability of the *cough*musicians*cough* innit? it's got sweet fuck all to do with the marketing carried out by the companies. Geez, i bet the average joe on the street goes, FK the production and song writing of britney (i'm doing this on purpose) is FKing class A, that's why i buy her CDs, not because i want to bend her over a desk and have my way with her. The production may be slick but the product sells on packaging more than substance.
If that's the way you want to go best of luck to you, but don't delude yourself thinking that it's the the slick production and class a song writing, not marketing, that gets the CDs moving off the shelves.
Peace
rc1n

HORSE sorry i have to disagree..... if it's about the production, then you are telling me that hampster dance was well produced?and what about all the songs which are the same: N'SYNC, HUMAN NATURE, LEAH HAYWARD, and SCANDALUS. listen to them one aafter the other it's like all the same song.
imagine if you get like 5 ravers and get them all to dance synchronised!!!!!! imagine that.... dare someone to try it at the next meetup. make up some dance. i don't mean like popstars style i mean like our dance style. hahaha

yes pac*man i agree! those songs all sound the same.. "baby BYE BYE BYE" n "ME MYSELF N I" n "SHE DONT LOVE U NO" ahhhh ANNOYING!
(n dont ask why i know the words)
n that annoying thing they all do when the music stops n starts ... arrgghh
scadal'us shit me .. i mean look how far bardot got.. oh n what sorta name is scandal'us ?

the bits you don't like in others are the bits you don't like in yourselves
errr...i understand the rationale, but not in this context. So, what you're saying is that by us stating that we don't like the plastic looks, the manufactured sounds of these bands, we don't like our own plastic looks and our own manufactured sounds? Sorry, don't follow.
------------------
Proud Members of B.O.A.R
(Burnt out Association of Ravers)- with orang pants
when your fun becomes your reality, what do you do for fun?

As much as I hate to agree with rc1n, he is right, its all about image and bending Britney over a desk.
wink.gif
(Class work my friend)
Sure there is clean production but its all been done millions of times before and in a better more innovative way. Its just all manufactured generic pap.
The video clips are whats its all about to market the product!! (note music was not mentioned). Its all image and presentation. Shit you even have Gweneth Paltrow in the charts and can she sing?? NO. Even with a few overdubs she still has no strength to her voice.
On a slight tangent, anyone see Dylan Lewis on Pepsi Live?!?!? He used to be soooo indie on Recovery!
wink.gif

rc1n: I agree with what you are saying 100%, and yes, marketing does have a bigger impact on the sucess of these bands than production, BUT...if you had any idea how much money the studios that produce these guys get you would realise that its a VERY significant part of the picture.
The hamster fucking song is a piece of shite. Dont even get me started on that.
Its not so much the "music" I want to get involved in, its the production side. Lemme give you an example.
Execs come up to song writer/producer/sound engineers saying "make this girl sound good"
they say "she looks hot, (bend her over the table) but she cant sing for shit, she has no sense of pitch, rhythm, melody etc"
execs say "dont give a fuck, she's the girl (or boy) we want...make her sound like a superstar"
So the task is set, and they have to give him/her a "sound" (one that fits into the pop catergory, but also gives them a distinctive flavour - or not, depending on who they are, and what they are setting out to achieve)
I dunno...what i'm trying to say, is it takes a lot of skill to make someone sound good, if they sound shit. I've done work exp in studios where pop stars have come in, sounded FUCKEN ATTROCIOUS, and i'm sitting there waiting for the sound engineer to say "um...one more take please" but he doesnt...he said "ok, no probs, cya tomorrow"
With about 4 hours work, they have her sounding like a star. Countless filters, pitch change, support change.... its never ending.
When it comes down to pop stars, it doesnt matter how good they look, they still have to be able to sound good at the end of the day.... cos the ones that dont, we never hear about.