Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

When parents get suss....

SupaspeeD

Bluelighter
Well, a nice sunday morning surpirse as i tried to get to sleep in the confines of my bed was a abrupt little interogation by good ol mumsy about what happens at these raves, and how you can still be awake and needing to go to recoveries after being out all nite on nothing?
Um, help? suggestions?
truth is not an option.
Thanks,
L

If truth isn't an option.. then I would suggest you LIE
wink.gif
sorry thats as much advice as I can give you!

2 words....RED BULL
its this great new drink mum....keeps u awake for hours..u should try it some time
that an option?
wink.gif

------------------
StOp ThE WorlD...i WaNNa gEt oFF

Hey Supaspeed,
Alcohol, enegry drinks, guarana tablets and youthful exuberance are all good reasons why you'd still be awake. Just say you *do* get really tired but you're just so caught up in the excitement of it all that you stay up. It sounds lame but there are plenty of people that don't take anything and last the distance.
Either that or say that you slept at a friend's house. Or move out.
smile.gif

Cheers so far,
i mainly think its the stigma associated with the launguage of raves. "Raves" is bad enough - ACA, 7.30 report, newspaper articles, and the innocuos mention of "ecstacy tablets" in conjunstion with anything rave-related.
Also "recovery" implies there is something to recover from.
i don't know it hasn't come up since the original question dodging, but it won't be long.
i just hope nothing turns up in my room. (if you catch my drift).
Cheers.
Anymore suggestions?

even though I have moved out and not even living at home...the truth will never be an option...
for some strange reason my father thinks that lolly-pops give energy (due to the high sugar content) and that's why I can party all day and night....
and he made that one up himself!
BlueChicK
*smiles all round*

Go down to your local video ezy & hire Human Traffic sit & make her watch it. Then when it's finished, pull out 2 tickets from whateva's going down this weekend & a bag full o pills & say "we gonna paint the town red this weekend ma - wanna join us!
Tim
N.P Atmos - Slipstream

Thing is, I did go to raves totally straight and stay up all night (and still do more often than not). To tell you the truth I really don't know how my body handles it... but it can be done!
So just say that you're having so much fun that you just don't feel tired... and a recovery is the perfect way to wind down afterwards. Maybe even tell her that everyone sleeps at recoveries... either way, if she doesn't believe you just point out that she's not as young as you are, and you have much more youthful energy to use up than she does, so she wouldn't understand.
smile.gif

------------------
"My wish is not to mean everything to everyone but to mean something to someone."

Shit, we must be really lucky...both our parents know about what goes on, what we take...but then, they were doing the shroom thing, LSD, weed every weekend at our ages....basically they know that we are responible adults that AREN'T going to fry our brains, and understand that experimentation of all sorts is a part of human nature...but hey, our folks are are old hippies....anyway, if you end up moving out supaspeed, just make sure that your parents don't do the surprise visit thing at 8 am on a sunday morning...when you've got 10 VERY scattered friends recovering in your flat/house...not a good thing for a) the folks and b) your coming-down friends
smile.gif

------------------
brisvegas gotta love it
Do you believe it when you see it, or do you see it when you believe it?
[This message has been edited by samadhi (edited 01 March 2001).]

well my parents answer for my comedowns (when i am unlucky enough to be at home and they turn up) is that me and dj kitty must be having a fight (according to mum hehe) and therefore i am depressed
frown.gif
smile.gif
hehe
ok with the being awake all the time
I don't know if your health store has them (just say u got them from the coast if u don't) down here they sell guarana "shots" which are these mini mini bottles about 15ml with a mini straw and are equal to having 5 v's
just tell your mum you had those if she doesn't believe u come down the coast get a couple of them they are only $1.30 each but u they hide them behind the counter so u have to ask for them (which i think is a bit sus) but yeah shout your mum some, if she normally doesn't have guarana they should keep her wide awake for a damn while (you are only supposed to have max of 1 a day) but we have been known to have upto 3 in 15mins
but yeah worth a try it will wake her up and u want have to mention the other couple of substances everyone normally has on top of the guarana
smile.gif
although i don't recommend the shots while or before u have goey as I often get really really paranoid when i combine the two, just ask bloodmage what i was like when i became surrounded by beer guzzlers at BDO
oh and my mum is yet to see my article that mentions the horrid word "pills" a few times in it
"where's that article u wrote tidygirl?"
"Oh forgot it again mum..."
oh and whatever u do don't get the guarana shots with black jelly (i think thats what its called) in them they taste like absolute shit..literally!

My dad found the bluelight site and came and asked me and little sister why we were checking out a site about ecstacy.
I lied, with a straight face and told them that before I go out to events and I check out the site to see what drugs are around. That way I can advise other people at raves about what they have had incase they get sick or are going to take something bad
wink.gif

Unbelievably they believed it!!!!
The smart thing to do is just to say you are going out and will be spending the night at a friends, that way mum and dad will never find out you have been out all night. Be totally offhand about it and make sure you give your parents a time you will be home the next day. Then they will be happy and won't bother prying
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by aqua-buggy (edited 01 March 2001).]

Whos to say you didnt sleep AT the party??
i usually say that i slept a couple of hours, and feel fine now.

Also, some truth is better than no truth. Some parents I know have this image of a rave as being a huge crowd like some kind of a rock concert, just dancing and dancing for 10-12 hours on end.
Elaborate on that, mentioning that there are chill out rooms where you can sit down, chat in quieter surroundings, get food and energy drinks, and talk to people so that just dancing for hours on end doesn't get too boring. The social side of raves is really important to me, and many times these days I find myself spending more time talking to people and walking around being happy, than actually dancing.
Also, a well executed "I pulled over to the side of the road and slept for an hour and a half on the way home beacause I was getting tired" can add a bit of leeway too.
smile.gif

Cheers, BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I know lots of people who stay up all night without drugs...
What about kids who have sleepovers with half a dozen pre teen girls, they stay up all night all the time!
You can say "The dj we want to see didn't come on until 3am, I was pretty tired, but then I just got past that point, and didn't feel like I could sleep anyway".

The times when the body is most tired are between 2-3 in the afternoon and the morning. You'll find that if you stay up past 2-3 and you are not affected by drugs it wont be as easy to sleep as if you went to bed before hand, this is because your natural body clock is not used to sleep at this time.
All that is true....still i used to feed it to my parents as the reason i didnt sleep after parties. they lapped it up.
I found my parents didnt want to believe i was on drugs so it was easy to convince them otherwise

The battery in my "natural body clock" ran out ages ago... and I can't afford a new one.
smile.gif

I've totally forgotten what it feels like to have a working body clock...
wink.gif

------------------
"My wish is not to mean everything to everyone but to mean something to someone."

just tell em u ended up at sum chix place, had mad sex0rz and fell asleep so u have to make it up by goin to a recovery.

Signs things aren't quite right at home #137:
When your parents talk seriously about having to get you "off the No-Doz".