• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

When parents get suss....

i reckon my mum has a suspicion. when i walk out of the house party bound, where she used to say "don't take drugs!" she now seems to say "don't take ecstacy and drive".
thing is, i'm not sure whether or not she's taking the piss. although that would be fairly poor taste given the circumstances of my father's recent death (killed by a driver on her way home from a rave after pills). she says it with a smile tho. of course i will now NEVER drive after a party or get into a car with someone who has been using substances - no matter who they are or what they've had, so her comment seems fairly pointless.
the police also told her that ecstacy pills are never "real" ecstacy in australia, and now that's all she seems to believe. i'm dying to correct her and point out about testing kits, pillreports, and all the assorted means of checking, but i have NFI how without coming clean, and i don't think it's got to that point yet.
i think basically the tactic will be to keep skirting the issue - staying at friends' houses after parties, keeping red bulls in the fridge etc for a while. my body clock is already rooted from the hours i used to work (LATE nights) so it's not that hard i spose. at least she knows i'm generally pretty responsible, but it's hard to seem responsible to someone who thinks i have no idea what i'm putting in my mouth. hmmmm....
DQ

RushingRococco, she probably knows about the stash of magazines under your bed
wink.gif

Thanks guys for advice, help and the like, it is appreciated.
The problem is mainly this - my r'ship with parents can sometimes be a bit terse, as the rest of you can all relate to no doubt. I just think coming out and admitting drug use, to any extent, will do more damage than any possible good.
Maybe when i'm living away from home supporting myself, and working as a professional can i admit i'm a drug fucked moron, but until then i guess i live by the code of silence.
Thanks for all the posts.
smile.gif

L.

Its good to know theres other people in my situation. Of late the atmsosphere at home has been getting worse and worse after raves. It's got to that stage where i really hate coming home after a rave, and will try and find anything else to do.
I was pilling for about a year before my mum started to become suss. Then after one rave, I got home, she was up, I looked fucked, and the big question came "Are you taking drugs?"
Ofcourse I said no, but since then she has become more and more suspicious. Now when I get home she just gives me the silent treatment and I end up feeling terrible.
Luckily I dont live with my dad. He sells methadone to pharmacies so he sees a lot of people hooked on smack, and ofcourse he thinks anyone who takes drugs is the lowest scum on earth. I don;t know what I'd ever do if he found out.
Hopefully I'll be moving out soon, until then I guess I'll just have to deal with it.