• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Future Entertainment, you gotta love them.... Nah!

Orion

Bluelighter
Well, after reading the posts on peoples' plans for NYE and the $140 price tag that was stated for Welcome 2001 i thought i'd drop 'Future Entertainment' a line and say hello. (In so many words)
Goes as follows:
"To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 11:50 AM
Subject: contact_from_website
hi,
just wanting to know when your going to release the dj line up for summadayze.
I mean really.... why would i want to get tickets to an event that doesn't say who's playing! It's got 'money-spinner' written all over it.
Not trying to ruffle your feathers but i thought you might want to know that your pissing a lot of people off with these little marketing ploys.
Welcome 2001.... $140???!!!!!!!! I know Sasha and Digweed are expensive, but they are not that expensive!
80-90% of the people i have spoken to that were thinking about going to welcome 2001 took one look at the price and said,"That settles it, i'm going to earthcore!"
Dont get me wrong, i'm glad that you are able to bring more hi-profile dj's down to our neck of the woods but it seems very obvious that the element of greed has taken its toll on you. There's nothing wrong with making a profit, but to a point.
Also, i heard what you did to one of my beloved clubs that i go to around the time of the last 'cheesegrater', it's organisations like you that give the scene a bad name.
frown.gif
"
Now, i wasn't totally out to get stuck into FE but i was hoping for some sort of explanation or at least some sort of rebuttle. They are making quite a bit of money so i thought they would have something worth while to say. Their reply was swift, but that was about it, it goes as follows:
"FUCK OFF !!!
Future Entertainment www.futureentertainment.com.au"
Well, my respect for them has gone from mediocre to none.
Thought i might as well not let this little moment of clarity go to waste and share with you all.
Comments anyone??
------------------
expectation is a killer...

ahhh.....the Future we all know and love....
seriously, from what u said in your e-mail, i would have expected a nice, if not overly happy reply, but a fuck off is just a sign that the profits come number one for FE, and "fuck off" to any who might put a smudge on their plans.
------------------
"DJs are like shamans, forging musical paths to other realms....."

Orion, 3 words man : money grabbing tossers
smile.gif

I don't want to get on my High Horse (ok I do but I'll pretend like i don't) (no pun intended Mr Horse
smile.gif
), but why are they in the promotin business? is it for money or is it for love of the music, I know I sound and I am idealistic but, if people, especially promoters, aren't in it for the love of the music/atmosphere then it really really sucks.
I HATE MONEY GRABBING PROMOTERS!!!!!
GRRRRRRR
Peace
rc1n
P.S they were really rude to you as well Orion. You should organise some sort of anti future entertainment organization, with all these counter terrorist, uhm i mean promotions, sorta activities.. hee hee
wink.gif

They're better than agent mad at least - anyone read the flier for Pureflow 5 and think "geez that sounds fucken mad", then bought tickets, rocked up to the event and wondered where the a) massage tent, b) coloured glass dividing walls, and, c) sweeping light rigs were?
All out to rip us off I tell ya!!!!
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

they r affiliated with the SALT management. go figure.
smile.gif

imu2.gif

hehe ghost, I would have never guessed!! :p
that is pretty lame and juvinial I have to say. You deserve a decent response like "as much as it hurts us charging this much money, you have to understand how much it costs...blahblahblah"
at least they could have told you a few one liners. Geezus, i'm dissapointed!!

i would just like to add that whoever organised the last transmission should be stabbed in the eye *practies stabbing motion*
------------------
its that feeling you get....oh yeah Fukitzpumpin!!!

thought i might circulate this and spread the good word about FE, hehehe.
I think i might follow up on the email and ask themn to 'please explain??'
smile.gif

Orion I serioulsy would not even bother - obviously by their reply they are not interested what their customers have to say - well especially if they are grievences. Don't stoop to their level - just ignore them and avoid going to their partys
------------------
If you were in my heart, I surely not break you. If you were beside me, and my love will take you. I'll keep you in safety, forever protect you. I'll hide you away from the world you rejected. I hide you

point taken haste.
smile.gif

*sigh*
its just tempting because i've got exams coming up and i'm procrastinating big time.
think i might go and mow the lawn with a pair of scissors....
[This message has been edited by Orion (edited 07 November 2000).]

this really makes me wonder *yet again* is ppl know what customer service is in this country! sozz guys im a canadian here who has has all too much or rudeness...you would never gert that wehre i come from cause of the competition and they want to keeo your business and the business of all the friends you tell bout how good they are...

the problem may be that the email didn't get to mangement rather than some smuck taking the enquiry emails.
just i thought
smile.gif

I've never been a fan of big commercial events like the kind Future Entertainment put on. Now I'm even less of a fan. Their response to your query was just downright rude Orion. I would write that e-mail if I was you. Tell them that you have posted their response to you on bluelight, a bulletin board with over 13000 members, many of them Australian. See what they think of that.

I agree Finn,
but we dont want those sad kunts spreading shit about bluelight so i reckon that we should let it go and eventually people will realise that they are getting ripped off,
and if they're not smart enough to realise its their own fault.
------------------
reporter - "i'm sorry we're gonna have to leave it there becasue your nipples are errect"

yes here's another thread along these lines: http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000822.html
its simple : future entertainment, mad agent, etc are just people with lots of money and contacts and are making A FORTUNE out of all you followers of big name acts ! it is their business is to set up a venue, bring out huge names, promote as much as possible and ALL THAT MATTERS IS NUMBERS GOING THROUGH THE DOOR.
i would be surprised if they even listened to the music thats being played, or if the organisers actually attended the party and were on the dancefloor.
and the scene ? they couldnt care less about the people that attend, or whats happening to the scene. what they are doing is exploiting the scene - making a killing in the process. their shameless promotion of their parties is getting us out in the sunlight and exposing us all to the mainstream - through the media etc. eventually when its a big enough issue, and when some idiot dies from PMA or some other substance on the dancefloor - the powers that be will shut down the scene by basically banning it all, because public opinion will be in support of it.
and once there is no warehouse rave scene and the mainstream moves along to the next thing thats popular, so will the dudes that run these companies. they are corporations.
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU
THEY CARE ONLY ABOUT $$$ AND HOW THEY'RE GOING TO GET IT
the moral of the story is : dont support these sort of parties
but, alas, some people will, even if we dont.
the legal and legitimate warehouse rave scene here is, sadly, doomed. it'll happen eventually.

*walks nervously into room*
Well, while I am certainly not going to blow wind up the arse of promoters such as Future, what exactly is wrong with making money of something they may indeed love?
I do. I make no apologies that I've made money of other people's enjoyment - and I get a huge buzz of watching people have the time of their lives because of something I've put together.
And while I have never been a huge fan of most commercially targeted music, what's so wrong about satisfying the wants of the majority? I'm sure those kids at Oakenfold don't get angry at the fact that "underground dance parties are ruining the mainstream dance culture by giving us people a reputation as nothing more than a bunch of druggies, through the promotion of sound that could only be enjoyed by very drug affected individuals, blah, blah..."
And as for Future's reply - well that's just rude. (And odds are it wasn't from Management - they really aren't that dumb.)
[This message has been edited by Bent (edited 10 November 2000).]

After retuning from the perfecto tour to find all this is a shock i must say.
it seems someone has had access to our enquires email while our new site was being formatted this reply was not from myself i have been on tour for some 2 weeks now and i do all replys personally ,please be aware we are not the money crabing bastards you might like to make us out to be this is a high risk business we bring out the top end market djs they are not cheap our productions are big the events we do if you were overseas are twice/tripple the admission price ,by the way welcome 2001 is $120 inc gst not $140 so please get the facts right before acusing ,also the pappa situation goes like this pappa rang me himself to book a tour for him in aust i have always toured pappa so i dont know what the story on that one is ??One more thing people say our events are getting to commercial ect ect its the way of the world unfortantly i did underground parties for years and years if you are to expand you must cater for demand we have been a driving force in aust dance music for 15yrs now ,im sorry it may be fun and games for most but to me this is my life and business so please think twice next time you feel like having a go at us it not easy ...
Mark James
Future Entertainment.

well there you go Orion. The man himself has apologised for that email.
Mark - "may be fun and games for most but to me this is my life and business so please think twice next time you feel like having a go at us it not easy..."
Um.. isnt you business about fun and games? so shouldnt you listen everytime your customers have a go at you?
And by the way, NO ONE I know is going to
Welcome 2001. The pricing is ridiculous!!
WELCOME 2001 will be a FLOP!!!!!
There's some constructive criticism for ya.