• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Snorting Seroquel - no opinions/just experiences

little_spoon

Greenlighter
A non forum member asked about real experiences from snorting seroquel. I am well aware of some forum members negative opinions from reading their posts. Seroquel is a prescribed drug for Bipolar and necessary for this persons health....please don't demonize the drug itself (this can be detrimental to those who need the drug to remain well). They are just curious if anyone has snorted it.

As I said, experiences only. This non forum member is well educated about the drug and doesn't need a lecture from anyone but her psychiatrist.

Yes, you can snort quetiapine in theory, but it poses no real benefit at all over taking it orally, as directed. It will mostly just irritate your nose.

Snorting Seroquel is what the inmates seem to do in prisons, when there's nothing else to take. There are a few reports on Erowid of people snorting it and being thoroughly unimpressed.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/478668-500-Things-to-Do-After-Snorting-Quetiapine
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15337673
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17384357
http://www.laboratoriosilesia.com/upfiles/sibi/P0907744.pdf

I never tried snorting it, that would be a whole lot of powder! Plus it hits you quickly, especially when taken with a hot drink. I liked it with hot chocolate and soon I would be in the land of nod. Tell your friend don't bother snorting. I think it would be a bad idea.

I've snorted it. It didn't feel anything like an oral dose, it was much more psychedelic if anything -- dissassociating in every way. It gave me a feeling I remember having while on DXM for one of the first times, that everything looked like it was Jello or something, thick air with a shakey texture. It reminded me a lot of a high dose of mezclizine or dipenhydramine, and neither of those were fun experiences to be reminded of. All in all, not recommended.

I tried snorting Quetiapine, It wasnt any better than taking it orally. First is burn for a long time, second it absorbtion via intranasal seem to be as slow as oral, about 1h. The effect were pretty similar but I believe is was weaker, probably wasted some in the mucus because the pill filler cause a lot of mucus production. I sometime feel a short time of pleasure from taking Quetiapine but the mechanism is unknown, probably anxiolytic though.

Its something to snort if your in prison and have no other options.

My seroquel pills are huge, and it hits me quick enough anyway so I wouldn't worry about snorting it, there's not rush to it you would achieve so just pop it.

Whilst in opiate withdrawal I was at one point particularly desperate for some alteration of the unbearable reality that besieged me. Thus snorting a line of Seroquel was my solution. It went like this.

+00:01 - That burned.
+00:10 - ZZZZZZzzz..
+00:30 - ZZZZZZzzz..
+01:00 - Back to withdrawl.

The only people i know who have bothered snorting Quetiapine are guys that i knew that where in prison and couldn't get opiates or benzos. These are the same type of guys that take amitriptyline, mirtazapine, chlorpromazine, methotrimeprazine, etc to sleep off the drudgery of doing time. Hell people in the pen out here even snort or sometimes inject wellbutrin ffs 8o . My friend did time with a guy who would shoot just about anything and would regularly shoot up a few wellbutrin pills and have a seizure and do it all over again :\ . Hell a few guys i knew would hit me up for any old mirtazapine or amitriptyline pills i had laying around before they had to go and do prison time. So yeah snorting seroquel seems to be one of those things that people do when they can't get anything else to get high off.

As your basically just getting the anti-histaminic effects under 200mg's you would be just as well off or as bad off i should say if you snorted diphenhydramine or dimenhydrinate. I did snort diphenhydramine once (OMFG the burn 8( ) but i wasn't trying to get high i was trying to relieve the awful itch of taking a wack of codeine as i wanted relief from that itch ASAP not in a hour. It burned almost as bad as snorting Demerol so yeah that's something i would never do again either.

If your friend is that hard up tell him to go get some DXM at the drugstore. It is actually somewhat euphoric as opposed to being completely dysphoric.

I get the 100mg Quetiapine pills as i take 300-400mg's a night for bipolar and those fuckers are huge for the amount of drug in them. I couldn't imagine snorting one of those fuckers.

The only people I know who snort seroquel are doing life in prison. Guess I don't blame them, but if anyone else who's just a recreational user has any experience with snorting quetiapine, I won't deny that it would be very hard not to pass judgement on why anyone would attempt such a thing.

It's like, the next time I get a headache, should I snort my ibuprofen? -_____-

Pinpoint, that was FUNNY! Laughing with you, not at you, as the old saying goes...

My doctor prescribed Seroquel to jumpstart the Lexapro/Remeron combo I already was taking. What the quetiapine did--and immediately!!--was help me to sleep. Now why I had previously suffered from insomnia with the opiate load I ingest is a mystery, but no point quarreling with blessings. Is my better mood due to the Seroquel, or to the fact that I now can count on sleeping almost all night?

Oh well. No point in snorting, here in the at-present Peaceable Pharmaceutical Kingdom.

The only people I know who snort seroquel are doing life in prison. Guess I don't blame them, but if anyone else who's just a recreational user has any experience with snorting quetiapine, I won't deny that it would be very hard not to pass judgement on why anyone would attempt such a thing.

It's like, the next time I get a headache, should I snort my ibuprofen? -_____-

Hah, yeah. You do see this a lot in jail but on the outside... it makes zero sense.

Right, definitely not the finest moment of my life but if I wasn't willing to try almost anything at least once I probably wouldn't be on this board :D

I can't imagine being desperate enough to take seroquel, let alone snoot it up my nose. Better done to just put a pillow over your head and get 'high' from oxygen deprivation.

I just...can't. I can't. Really?

Why god, why?

I can't imagine being desperate enough to take seroquel, let alone snoot it up my nose. Better done to just put a pillow over your head and get 'high' from oxygen deprivation.

I just...can't. I can't. Really?

Why god, why?

Well it's hardly anywhere near as dangerous as oxygen deprivation and honestly i couldn't see a single oral dose of 50mg's of seroquel taken by itself hurting anyone who didnt have a pre existing condition such as cardiac problems, epilspsy or diabetes . It works pretty good to help bipolar depression, the rapid mood swings that come with it, as well as the irritability, paranoia and the mild auditory and visual hallucinations i get when i am manic. I don't find it to work nearly as good as zyprexa in treating mania or any other symptom of bipolar except the depression which Quetiapine may have a edge on. But it does help alot of people and it does help me from getting too out there. One plus about quetiapine is that it doesn't seem to screw with prolactin levels nearly as much as say risperidone does. Too bad it can take a good week to start fully working :p

So it works well for the conditions it is indicated for but is certainly no good for getting high from as it has absolutely no recreational value at all.

It is rather pointless unless one is trying to sleep.

IOf anything other than that, you are wasting grand time...

I found the zombified state it puts me in to be kind of funny, especially when I blaze and realize it how slowly it took me to walk up the stairs.
I wouldn't call it enjoyable, but certainly be that sedated and relaxed could be considered enjoyable by many.
TBH I like seroquel minus the fact it makes me a zombie the next day as well as likes to aggravate my RLS

It is rather pointless unless one is trying to sleep.

IOf anything other than that, you are wasting grand time...

True, that. However, after spending five nights (at least) out of seven watching the clock hands jerk around the dial, I was willing to try something, especially something that I had NOT seen advertised on television: a diaphanous lady rising blissfully in the dawn's early light, while the announcer chanted all of the possible side effects.

When I was a teenager I had to go to this little rehab place, and we used to crush up our seroquel on our AA big books and snort it. It made my nose burn REALLY bad cuz there's a TON of powder...not worth it.