• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

List of life span increasing drugs

chickenclan

Greenlighter
Does Cannabis increase life span?

I read/heard somewhere that weed increases the rate of cell reproduction, related to cancer studies which I then personally link to a more healthy unchanged DNA which then will mean a longer life expectancy? Is there a link between cannabis and a longer life. Like 100 years and up??

I was wondering if people could come with contributions regarding which drugs increase the life span of animals and humans?

Cannabis?

I read up on http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/health/2013-03/25/c_132259562.htm about some scientists working on a drug which is going to increase human life span considerably and be available before 2018. I really wonder, does there really not exist any plant from nature, any drug anything in nature which actually increases life span considerably.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think maybe you misunderstood something. Tumours are characterized by unchecked cellular reproduction and cannabis is known for shrinking them by triggering cell death.

I think maybe you misunderstood something. Tumours are characterized by unchecked cellular reproduction and cannabis is known for shrinking them by triggering cell death.

Oh well, then disregarded from that. Does cannabis in itself increase life span? Do you think? Know?

I merged all three of your posts on this topic together. Stick with one thread and please don't bump your own posts.

I can't see one particular compound ever being a substitute for general healthy living. I think one can do far more for longevity by getting rid of the chemically processed shit food in one's diet and exercise some vs. taking a pill.

Cannabis is an interesting plant, though, in that it is such a complex organism and that it does seem to have medicinal properties. I've always wondered if there are some beneficial compounds in cannabis (other than THC) that may help improve health. Especially now that vaping is an option (smoke in the lungs is never a good thing).

I first heard about that reservatrol compound in that badly worded article from studies over the "French paradox" -- that even with a diet high in saturated fat, French tended to stay slim with low incidence of heart disease. Red wine was postulated as one answer due to reservatrol.

Personally, I believe that it's more an overall diet thing in the case of the French. It does show, however, that a little of a potentially harmful thing won't hurt. Alcoholic beverages are another relatively complex substance (when done right) that has some interesting complex compounds that might actually help longevity. (As long as you don't overdo it, because alcohol the chemical is *very* bad for longevity if consumed in large quantities.)

I don't see any one single compound as being a miracle cure, though.

I can't see one particular compound ever being a substitute for general healthy living. I think one can do far more for longevity by getting rid of the chemically processed shit food in one's diet and exercise some vs. taking a pill.

Cannabis is an interesting plant, though, in that it is such a complex organism and that it does seem to have medicinal properties. I've always wondered if there are some beneficial compounds in cannabis (other than THC) that may help improve health. Especially now that vaping is an option (smoke in the lungs is never a good thing).

I first heard about that reservatrol compound in that badly worded article from studies over the "French paradox" -- that even with a diet high in saturated fat, French tended to stay slim with low incidence of heart disease. Red wine was postulated as one answer due to reservatrol.

Personally, I believe that it's more an overall diet thing in the case of the French. It does show, however, that a little of a potentially harmful thing won't hurt. Alcoholic beverages are another relatively complex substance (when done right) that has some interesting complex compounds that might actually help longevity. (As long as you don't overdo it, because alcohol the chemical is *very* bad for longevity if consumed in large quantities.)

I don't see any one single compound as being a miracle cure, though.

I find death to be extremely depressing at this point :(
Maybe humans actually have the option to learn how to control automated human activities, like metabolism, cell reproduction. Maybe we have the option to learn it and control it?

We know a fair amount now from what I understand. I mean we can grow body parts, we've clone animals, nano-science promises quite a bit... Why would you want to live forever? Maybe you should look into religion or life philosophies if you're depressed about the inevitable. Idk man

We know a fair amount now from what I understand. I mean we can grow body parts, we've clone animals, nano-science promises quite a bit... Why would you want to live forever? Maybe you should look into religion or life philosophies if you're depressed about the inevitable. Idk man

I am not bothered by nor do I have ANY opinion on what you just said. I am bothered by that I wont ever know I died, nor will I ever feel anything anymore. That is what is bothering me. I am not so interested in living forever rather the option to choose to die or not. The "Soul" can be any age, but the body gets all weared off and tired. I wish I could choose when to die. I mean how come this telemerase enzyme disappears eventually from all the DNA replication, I mean did nature really think that would be the best way for life to continue, sure it`s a great way for bullshit people to live this planet which are influencing other people`s lives and destroying them. However, why the heck can`t a person be young and healthy their entire life and then just die, it`s ridiculous to me. And very sad in a humble way.

Until technology progresses any further, a healthy diet and exercise are by far your best hope of living longer. If you want to live longer and healthier, there's no easy pill that you can take to do so, it requires hard work and dedication to your health.

I am not bothered by nor do I have ANY opinion on what you just said. I am bothered by that I wont ever know I died, nor will I ever feel anything anymore. That is what is bothering me. I am not so interested in living forever rather the option to choose to die or not. The "Soul" can be any age, but the body gets all weared off and tired. I wish I could choose when to die. I mean how come this telemerase enzyme disappears eventually from all the DNA replication, I mean did nature really think that would be the best way for life to continue, sure it`s a great way for bullshit people to live this planet which are influencing other people`s lives and destroying them. However, why the heck can`t a person be young and healthy their entire life and then just die, it`s ridiculous to me. And very sad in a humble way.

Systems seek to lower their entropy over time and the only way to do this is through change (and addition to) pre-existing structures. You are a part of the whole.

People die young and healthy all the time. Accept your mortality. You've no other choice.

People die young and healthy all the time. Accept your mortality. You've no other choice.

Even though we'll all die some day, and some of us may meet an untimely end from unnatural causes sooner, it is still perfectly acceptable and reasonable to try and extend your lifespan.

It`s at these moments that I realize that comfort of religions and being a part of an idea. Like life after death, heaven, enlightenment etc etc.

I know Christians go to a good place after death because I hear them talking about their fellow Christians being there quite frequently, and tbh, it delights me. Atheists say things like "they died too young" or "it was their time" or "I'm sad they're gone" and that's... Well, pretty damn frank. Just more of my 2cents worth

not cannabis a chemical in cannabis CBD which also counters the effects of THC thus is found in lower concentrations than THC in the cannabis plant