• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What is going on I'm in WD I have no idea why. What is going on?

Coraline

Bluelight Crew
Ok. I have withdrawal symptoms.

History:

Hydrocodone 10mg X 4 tabs for months until July.
Soma 350mg X approximate 3 tabs for months until July.

After July switched Dr. And received Hydrocodone 10mg X 3 a day
And other muscle relaxer I never took. No real WD symptoms. More annoyance at the decrease of Hydrocodone.

Two months ago Hydrocodone no longer worked. Still had pain. I was at a level 5 daily.
So I switched to Tylenol 4 which is 60mg codeine 3 tab a day and Valium 5mg once a day.

First few days of switch, I felt the euphoria but not an increase in pain effect.

Then I was ok. It worked and still had euphoria, sleepiness, and relaxation.

The way I took it; 1 tab in morning and the rest of the two I took in 1/2's. and Valium I took 1/2 tab.

This was the first month.

The second month I took it the same way except I started taking the Valium 1/2 with the T4 with more often. I did not see a problem. I found a source of 250 Valium 5mg so I run out and dipped into that a few times. I honestly don't know how many tabs I took that month. I took the in 1/2 tabs sublingual.

I ran out early of the T4 a little under a week early. I could not find a personal source so I went back to my old Dr and received Lorcet 10\650mg 120 and Soma 350mg 60 for the month.

For the first week I was fine. I did not take the Valium. I took the soma in 1/2's and the Lorcets 1/2 even morning dose.The day before yesterday I started feeling weird I blew it off as PMS. But I woke up feeling like I was having WD it was 2-3am. My abdomen hurt. I ended up going to the bathroom a lot by 7-8am. All fully formed. I felt that weird feeling. My pain high. Emotionally weird. My EYES had big pupils. Like normal not on anything pupils. I haven't seen my eyes like that in years.

I felt emotionally unstable all day, happy then sad. I did take meds during the night and the day. 1/2 tabs and I took the soma. My eyes did not reflect the use of the meds. My pain became worst plus I hurt my back lifting a heavy person. I work.

Later that day my mood became worst because we were fighting. I wanted to kill my self. I told him. He didn't care. I wanted to hurt him too. Our relationship is abusive. I put up with it. But anyways.

I felt like I was in withdraws the whole day. I thought maybe I'm withdrawing from from Valium. I stopped the soma and took Valium first 1/2 of 5mg tab. No relief. I thought maybe I need a higher blood serum level. I took maybe 20mg over the course of the the time I was awake. I finally fell a sleep at 10pm.

Now I wake up at 2am with THE SAME FEELING. I TAKE a Lorcet 10mg and 5mg Valium. I feel a little better. My pupils are still normal like I'm not on meds. My pain is still a 5.

What the hell is happening to me? What is going on? Why am I with drawing?

It's been a week since I started Valium again.

I know soma 1/2 life 2.44 hrs and Valium 100 hrs and the opiates are about the same 4-6 hrs.

What is going on? Why am I feeling withdrawal symptoms?

I never had a problem with switching from soma to Valium and vice versa.

Sorry so long. I wanted to give full details so someone can help me. What do I do?

I think it went haywire when you took all those valium. You're feeling so shitty because your valium intake was lowered significantly from when you had that binge. Benzo withdrawal was the harshest for me and I've detoxed many times from opiates. I guess you never had a problem switching from soma to valium because in the past you took as directed. I can only speculate.

I have no idea either. The only other times I had this feeling was when I stopped taking an antidepressant and I felt this way for a few days.

The next time was when I stopped taking pain meds all together because I didn't hurt for a while. I didn't need it. On the 3rd day I started withdrawals. I had WD for a week. Then all better.

Last time I started taking nucynta a few days and that gave me a bad reaction chest pains and WD symptoms because I only took it 2 times a day and its short acting and I stopped taking it because I had bad open eyed visuals like on acid. Then woke up with nausea and deep chest pain. I went to the er and they gave me Vicodin. Till I could see my neurologist.

This is happening.

I took another 1/2 Lorcet and 5mg Valium and I fell some what better. My pupils are getting back to what I'm use to. Pain still 4-5 and I'm wearing my Tens unit. It's dulling the pain.

I guess I took more Valium than I thought.

I thought soma was stronger than Valium.

Taking the Lorcet and soma made me feel very awake and in the past it would give me that nodding out feeling.

I don't like feeling wired. I don't like not sleeping. I don't understand this.

As I'm writing I'm feeling better as the time goes by.

Carisoprodol (soma) and diazepam have a different pharmacological profile. Taking doses of valium for a month can lead multiple-fold increase in blood/fat benzodiazepine serum levels, making each dose more potent as you continue to use. More explanation here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...several-days-Will-benzo-meds-now-even-help-me

Stopping the diazepam you've allowed your serum levels to drop, causing the blood/fat benzodiazepine levels to become obsolete, effectively sending you into withdrawal. One or two consecutive 5 milligram dosages of diazepam are miniscule in comparison to a 5-7 fold increase during chronic use. Until you reach the serum levels you had previously achieved, or wait until you adjust to the current benzodiazepine regimen, you will be in benzodiazepine withdrawal.

The reason you didn't feel withdrawals during the period you were consuming carisoprodol, is that it may have masked the symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal, as it's a prodrug of meprobamate, a drug with a very similar pharmacological profile to a potent barbiturate.

Coraline,
Did this all start when you ran out of the T4's early?? I'm sorry, I'm sure that it's in your post but I want to clarify. I remember when I switched from oxycodone IR to oxymorphone IR (so called "equivalent dose") I was in full blown wd's and horrible pain until I switched back to what I was taking before, which was a couple of weeks after the original switch. It took me quite a while to really feel back to normal.
Many people told me that the situation did not make sense since the drug I switched to was "stronger" than what I was on before. I bring this up because it sounds as though the same thing could be going on with you...IF it all started when running out of T4.
Cat

I have Lorcets. I had 2 T4 before I started Lorcet.

I have not stopped taking the opiate.

Now I wake up again and feel like total Crap.

I took a full Lorcet and Valium.

I never thought 2.5mg a few times a day could be so bad.

I don't think I ever over did it. The most would have to be 20mg a day.

I need this feeling to stop.

Carisoprodol (soma) and diazepam have a different pharmacological profile. Taking doses of valium for a month can lead multiple-fold increase in blood/fat benzodiazepine serum levels, making each dose more potent as you continue to use. More explanation here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...several-days-Will-benzo-meds-now-even-help-me

Stopping the diazepam you've allowed your serum levels to drop, causing the blood/fat benzodiazepine levels to become obsolete, effectively sending you into withdrawal. One or two consecutive 5 milligram dosages of diazepam are miniscule in comparison to a 5-7 fold increase during chronic use. Until you reach the serum levels you had previously achieved, or wait until you adjust to the current benzodiazepine regimen, you will be in benzodiazepine withdrawal.

The reason you didn't feel withdrawals during the period you were consuming carisoprodol, is that it may have masked the symptoms of benzodiazepine withdrawal, as it's a prodrug of meprobamate, a drug with a very similar pharmacological profile to a potent barbiturate.

That is a very helpful thread. Thank you.