• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

**advice please** I NEED tips on how to control myself with new adderall prescription

Stimlover22

Bluelighter
I am a meth addict, and after being clean four months now, i figured i would down grade to amphetamine and went to see a dr and i successfully played the "adhd" card and walked out with an rx of (30) 20mg adderalls today. I've already consumed 10 pills in one day since filling them. This is rediculous! I could really use some pointers to keep me from going overboard. I dont want to end up losing my script due to a low pill count which the doctor said I may be called in randomly for that and a piss test anytime. Thanks for any tips.

Can you have a trusted family member hold onto your pills for you and dispense them to you as prescribed?

If not, the key is not to re-dose if you start off taking several pills early on in the day, or better yet just take the dose later on in the day so that it's the only time you take them so you will be coming down when it's time to go to bed anyway.

The second thing you can do is leave the pill bottle home with you when you go out. This way you can't take any more of them even if you want to, unless of course you go back home just to get them.

Lastly, just take them when you need them, ie when you plan on cleaning, studying, or have to drive a long distance or something. If you take them when you have nothing to do then that can lead to just getting spun out and taking more. The pills feel so much more effective when you are taking them for an intended purpose, and you won't need to take as many if you do it this way since you won't be chasing a high, but instead you will be content with how they are working for what you are taking them for.

i figured i would down grade to amphetamine and went to see a dr and i successfully played the "adhd" card and walked out with an rx of (30) 20mg adderalls today.

Therein lies the problem. You don't actually need them for medicinal purposes & as an addict you will naturally abuse them. Sure give them to someone you trust & can lock them away but that will not stop you if you want to abuse them & you have shown that is exactly what you want to do. Good luck but I am afraid that luck alone will not help you out here.

You are keeping your brain dependent on a stimulant. Your best bet is to let your brain heal and get some help to replace what they do for you with new strategies for productivity, mood, etc.

you sound like an addict, as with me if the drugs are there , regardless if its my DOC or not it will be consumed!! sucks but i wish i could conserve dope at a steady rate too bro

Stimlover even you yourself know you can't handle taking meth or regular amphetamine so I would just get rid of the pills and don't fill the prescription again or go doctor shopping again for anything. Flush the pills down the toilet.

Last edited:
It is my opinion that to successfully wean yourself off of it, you will have to do so gradually. That said, discovering something new and exiting like a new hobby or new found friends can keep your mind occupied during (and after the transition).

my advice is for ou to not refill the prescription. you got it to abuse the drug; that's what you're going to do with it.

Since the first sentence contained the words "meth addict" you should already know that you need to curve your regimen. Certainly going from meth to the softer amphetamine was a step in some direction. But if your goal is to stop then you need to have some restraint and allot yourself (x) mg's a day and then start scaling back over a course of a month and then not get them refilled. If you're not trying to quit then really you're just displacing an addiction. It's going to be hard to "keep [you] from going overboard" when you know you're addicted to a substance that requires tests and time/date restrictions.

Best of luck.

Meth isn't like opiates, so the idea that 'stepping down' to a lesser stimulant will help you overcome your addiction is wrong as I understand it. The relapse rate for meth addicts as it is is so terrible - I won't even say what it is - so there's no sense in prolonging your addiction by taking more stims.

If I were you I would get the fuck out of your situation i.e. get away from your friends if you're on drugs, your area and anything else that can act as a trigger. Maybe even move to a country with little to no meth like the UK. Sounds extreme but it's your whole life that's at stake, isn't it? Drastic situations require drastic measures.

here's my advice.
1. empty the bottle of pills into your hand.
2. go into the bathroom and shut the door.
3. open the toilet lid but leave the seat down.
4. drop pills into toilet.
5. take shit on pills (to prevent retrieval.
6. wipe ass with generous amounts of toilet paper.
7. flush toilet, fire up your after shit cigarette.
8. smile as you wash your hands and realize you did the best thing you can do for yourself.

200mg. the first day you get them should show you that you have no business getting them at all.Unless,you want to go back to doing meth.My daughter's boyfriend (Meth-head) did the same thing you just did and he is back with the meth,only difference is now he eats Adderall too.Someone doling them out isn't going to work.

You must read our forum guidelines on triggering comments and subjects, since TDS has a highly differentiated place within the context of Bluelight. This comment was inappropriate and unhelpful; please have respect for your fellow forum members! ~ Vaya

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice: your will power is most likely very weak and you are unable to handle drugs responsibly. However, since you most likely won't follow this advice of stopping all together, I'll give you some rational advice. SET LOGICAL, CLEAR RULES for yourself. Furthermore, ENFORCE these rules...if you break these rules, even ONCE, you're done for and need to quit drugs. Because, if you're breaking rules you set for yourself, then there's no point in making rules to begin with and you'll just end up being an addict again. And know this...if by some MIRACLE you've been using responsibly for a year, 5 years, etc...know that you can become an addict at ANY time, and once you break your rules, you're done for.

Good luck, you're going to need it. And by the way, I know you so well that I know you will completely ignore this advice. Think about that for a second

Last edited:
i know i already answered this once, but i'm gonna do it again anyway.

you got the script with the intent to abuse it.

you shouldn't be surprised - and it kind of seems like you were - that you did abuse it.

if you continue to refill the script, you are going to continue to abuse it. no offense, but i suspect that your self control is just going to get worse and worse.

my advice to you is the same as it was the last time i replied to your op. don't refill the script. move on.

Prediction: OP runs out of his script because he took too much then goes right back into meth and in no time is a full blown addict again. You heard it here first

I'm going to shoot this over to Basic Drug Discussion where it may well get a wider audience! :)

TDS >>> BDD

No! I wish people didn't flush drugs! You're just tainting the water supply for everyone, not just yourself.
ill tell my po my urine test was dirty from tainted water supply cuz too many people are flushing drugs XD
edit: no my urine test was not dirty, was a joke. still clean :p