• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine question

rkline

Bluelighter
Why is coke cut with Levamisole?

It makes no sense

Why would a cut that's proven to be poisonous and dangerous be used?

Why not use something inert?

Call me paranoid, but it almost seems like a ploy to poison cocaine users.

Is cocaine cut with Levamisole a rare and isolated incidence and claims that a large amount of coke is cut with Levamisole clever but mostly bullshit anti drug propaganda?

Or is a fair amount of coke actually cut with Levamisole?

Which goes back to my other question, why the hell would cocaine be cut with Levamisole?

Is there an easy way to tell if your coke has been cut with Levamisole?

From wikipedia - Levamisole adds bulk and weight to powdered cocaine (whereas other adulterants produce smaller "rocks" of cocaine) and makes the drug appear more pure. In a series of investigative articles for The Stranger, Brendan Kiley details other rationales for levamisole's rise as an adulterant: possible stimulant effects, a similar appearance to cocaine, and an ability to pass street purity tests.

Dealers don't care what you think of the cut. They basically know you cant know and know you'll come back.

From wikipedia - Levamisole adds bulk and weight to powdered cocaine (whereas other adulterants produce smaller "rocks" of cocaine) and makes the drug appear more pure. In a series of investigative articles for The Stranger, Brendan Kiley details other rationales for levamisole's rise as an adulterant: possible stimulant effects, a similar appearance to cocaine, and an ability to pass street purity tests.

Dealers don't care what you think of the cut. They basically know you cant know and know you'll come back.

All I have to say is that's fucked

Thanks for the info. I should have checked wiki myself.

I wonder what percentage of street coke is actually cut with Levamisole? and if sparing use oc coke cut with Levamisole is dangerous?

Also, does washing coke remove Levamisole? I think I remember reading that it doesn't

I used a lot of coke for a couple of years, a lot of people do. I don't believe it's going to do too much harm. And yes it is fucked, but thats the way it is with illegal drugs.

It's cut with levismole right at the source apparently, because levismole apparently is nearly identical in look to levismole in aesthetics to cocaine and pretty much looks like high quality coke, fish scale and all.

And this cut all happens right in colombia or bolivia or wherever it is bricked to increase profits And because it blends in with a "pure" brick so well and it comes from a previously reliable source, colombia Peru etc and these are the main sources of these drugs their really is no choice for American smugglers to take these bricks without thinking twice.

So because the source is the ones using this cut, it is in pretty much all coke. It's not like it's street dealers purposely using a harmful cut, it's the source using It cause they don't care about wether or not it is harmful because they are so high up in the chain he smugglers have no choice but to take these "pure" bricks cut with levismole from the source.

This is all of course assuming that the dea figures of 90% of coke that is seized actually contains this harmful cut like they say it does, and that it isn't just some bullshit propaganda that they are making up to scare people from doing coke.

The cut I read somewhere is at about 6%, 1:16 or 1:17 cant remember which.. Unsure if its still in, but I would assume so.
Sparingly, just be careful what other activities you partake in. It lowers white blood cell production count.. makes you much more prone to infection/bad things happening. So just kinda consider that. Lowered immune system takes forms in many ways; augmented histemic reaction (which may not be realised.. as you're high lol) .. Just watch what you're doing. :)

I used a lot of coke for a couple of years, a lot of people do. I don't believe it's going to do too much harm. And yes it is fucked, but thats the way it is with illegal drugs.

Sometimes it's like that with legal ones too (like acetaminophen in painkillers) =/

Very true! I'm not saying it's as bad, but it still seems unnecessary... I think it's probably to keep it a schedule 3. Fucking politics...

Very true! I'm not saying it's as bad, but it still seems unnecessary... I think it's probably to keep it a schedule 3. Fucking politics...

Everyone, including us knows it's to prevent abuse. I abuse, but i understand why they do it.

Everyone, including us knows it's to prevent abuse. I abuse, but i understand why they do it.
Right, less abuse potential makes it easier to prescribe. I don't necessarily agree that it prevents abuse though, just puts a lot of strain on your liver. The messed up part is the people that know how easy it is to remove the acetaminophen are usually the people that abuse it, while the people using it as directed are the ones subjecting their liver to those massive amounts of acetaminophen. I did hear the FDA was going to cut the amount allowed in each pill though.

I didn't say that it did prevent abuse, i said thats what it was for, and i'm sure it really does deter some people. At least they try. It's better than not giving a crap and turning every junkie loose with lots of easily abused opiates.

Just my thoughts

My intentions were not to put words in your mouth, sorry if it sounded like I was implying that. As far as them trying to deter drug abusers, I don't think the results they seem to be having is worth the strain on the livers of the drug abusers and the people using them as prescribed. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it just seems pretty unfair to the people actually in pain (just my thoughts). Short term use probably isn't a big deal, but there's definitely no denying there is a lot of people who have liver problems due to the high acetaminophen content that were taking it as directed =( . Often time the drug abusers remove most of the acetaminophen anyway.

By the way, I do disagree with you on this point, but I want to make sure you know that I respect your opinion and I'm sure you have your own logical reasoning behind it that I'm not aware of with the very little amount of information posted. Just sayin =) I've seen a bit of hostility on this site (not that you're hostile), I just want to make sure I haven't come across as hostile.

Last edited:
By the way, I do disagree with you on this point, but I want to make sure you know that I respect your opinion and I'm sure you have your own logical reasoning behind it that I'm not aware of with the very little amount of information posted. Just sayin =) I've seen a bit of hostility on this site (not that you're hostile), I just want to make sure I haven't come across as hostile.

You haven't come across as hostile and i hope i haven't we are each welcome to our opinion i was just stating mine. Not in a hostile way :) It is a discussion.

That's the impression I was under :) . It's just hard to get tone across in text so I was just making sure I wasn't sounding too "matter-of-facty". It's been a good introduction to bluelight and I'm looking forward to getting to know all you guys better! Wow, I took this thread way off topic huh?

The cut I read somewhere is at about 6%, 1:16 or 1:17 cant remember which.. Unsure if its still in, but I would assume so.
Sparingly, just be careful what other activities you partake in. It lowers white blood cell production count.. makes you much more prone to infection/bad things happening. So just kinda consider that. Lowered immune system takes forms in many ways; augmented histemic reaction (which may not be realised.. as you're high lol) .. Just watch what you're doing. :)

What a load of shit. Cartels don't care about users. They care about cash and do anything to increase profits. A sad state of affairs. From the point of compassion, a great reason to legalize drugs.

Besides only sparingly (if at all), what can users do in terms of harm reduction?

Is it possible to remove Levamisole or spot it/taste it/test for it?

Does anyone have information on which sources and areas are more likely to have Levamisole coke so buyers can make informed purchases and possibly avoid Levamisole?

Is coke from europe or Asia less likely to contain Levamisole? (seems unlikely) Or is it virtually unavoidable everywhere?

Lastly, how exaggerated are the DEA numbers? Has Levamisole use dropped off since 2009? Is it likely to drop off in the future? It makes for good anti drug propaganda, could the DEA be greatly exaggerating the numbers?

Last edited:
That's the impression I was under :) . It's just hard to get tone across in text so I was just making sure I wasn't sounding too "matter-of-facty". It's been a good introduction to bluelight and I'm looking forward to getting to know all you guys better! Wow, I took this thread way off topic huh?

I post the same way, i'm sure some people take it as hostile but i like facts and nothing wrong with being opinionated! Welcome to bluelight!

This thread is kind of mute now anyway. Asked and answered!

What a load of shit. Cartels don't care about health, they care about cash and will do anything to increase profits. From the point of compassion, another great reason to legalize drugs. A sad state of affairs.

In terms of harm reduction, what can users do? All I can think of is to use sparingly if at all
Have workarounds been developed to remove Levamisole or spot it/taste it before you buy it?
Is there information on which sources and places are more likely to have coke cut with Levamisole so buyers can make more informed purchases and possibly avoid Levamisole? Is coke from europe or Asia less likely to contain Levamisole? (seems unlikely) Or is it virtually unavoidable everywhere?
Lastly, how inflated are the numbers? Could Levamisole as a cutting agent have dropped off since 2009? Is it likely to drop off in the future? It makes for good anti-drug propaganda, could the DEA be greatly exaggerating? They're such a dishonest organization.

From that it seems to be being cut from the source, so it's impossible to say where it contains it because it depends where our source is. Just because i'm in the UK doesn't mean the actual source isnt mexico.