• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quick help please re safety? thanks

3dmusic

Bluelighter
I have utfse but can not find an answer for my question and would like some help please.

My question is about subutex (buprenorphine) not suboxone.
Although helpful, none of the info on here is specific enough for my situation.

For the last six months, I have been taking dihydrocodeine (DHC) 2 days on and 2 days off. I am withdrawing from valium and the two days on DHC give me some temporary relief from the anxiety and depression from the benzo withdrawals.

I don't think I am addicted to DHC because any symptoms I get on the days I am off them are not sudden like I would expect opiate withdrawal symptoms to be.
I do have diarrhoea at the moment though and night sweats, but these could be benzo symptoms.

I last took DHC approx 40 hours ago on Tuesday. I took 120mg about 1pm and 60mg about 5pm.

I would like to know, will I be safe from precipitated withdrawals if I snort 1mg subutex now?

Many thanks

I just snorted approx 1mg of subutex, cos although I could not find the answer in the search engine, I did see some answers where people had taken it after other opiates and waited about 12hours, and I figured, that as I am not addicted to DHC (I would know about it if I was) I will be safe.

Will post back soon, just to let you all know I am definitely safe.

PS I do not advise doing this, my anxiety is just so bad that I cant face going out.

Hi

Just popped into tell you I am ok. It's now been 15mins, I don't feel high, but I only took 1mg and wasn't intending to get high, just some relief form the awful anxiety. I just found out that I am not addicted to DHC, as the subutex would have thrown me for a loop.

Important, everyone's body is different. I took a risk here, and do not advise anyone else to do this as you may get precipitated withdrawal or get addicted to DHC

You still could have been addicted, you just might have been far enough into withdrawals that the subutex worked

You still could have been addicted, you just might have been far enough into withdrawals that the subutex worked

Hi Znegative.

Thanks for your post.
Please may I ask a question?
If I was addicted to DHC, wouldn't I have had strong DHC withdrawal symptoms in the two days I didn't take anything?

Dhc isn't that strong and using every other 2 days would make withdrawals lighter.
You have been using for half a year on a timed schedule, you are definitely addicted.

I get cold symptoms and cold sweats when i'm withdrawing from DHC, if you're taking it every other day saying you are not addicted is an illusion and on your days off it would be my guess that it is making your anxiety worse.

Thank you Rob007 and madog11.

Sorry to ask another question. How long will it take for the opiate induced anxiety to wear off?

Many thanks

3d

4/5 days when you finish the opiate withdrawals (that would also mean no suboxone).

Hi again madog

Thank you for your answer.

I've never taken suboxone, only subutex. I understand that suboxone is different to subutex (buprenorphine).

Sorry, then i mean no subutex either, otherwise your not going to see if it is the DHC causing the anxiety... it could be both of them.

It's generally not too great to take opiates for benzo withdrawal IMO, as you can become addicted to opiates very easily, and then youll be withdrawing from two substances, one that just sucks, and one that could kill you.

Also suboxone and subutex are pretty much the same thing, they both containe buprenorphine. Suboxone has buprenorphine +naloxone, but it's only there as a scare tactic and doesn't really deter abuse.

Taking just subtex can't percipiataed w/d

Suboxone has naloxone a lot of that once causes w/d not suvtex utfse

That's a load of bullshit.
Why don't you use the fucking search engine and hear about how everyone and there mother is shooting suboxone.
Buprenorphine is a partial agonist with a higher binding affinity than almost every other opiate, and certainly a higher affinity than naloxone. Because of its high affinity, BUPRENORPHINE can push other opiates off the receptors like an antagonist would, and that's what cause precipitated withdrawal

If you look at my first post you will find that I did use the f------ search engine. 8)

@3dmusic - I don't think he was referring to you, when he said to UTFSE. (am I right?)

Other than that, I have nothing further to contribute. My reply would have been that which has already been stated. (for example, the reply from Znegative)

If you look at my first post you will find that I did use the f------ search engine. 8)

Yeah I'm sorry 3dmusic, I should have been more clear. I was responding to the post above mine about the naloxone in suboxone. I mean no ill will towards you

My advice would be taper off your DHC and stop taking subutex then see how your anxiety is in 5 days. Trust me it'll be worth it.

Thanks guys for your kind posts.
No opiates or subbies taken today, didn't want to risk taking subbies 3 days on the trot.
Will try and stay off them as best I can.