• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No longer get euphoria from Percocet

Yankeehigh

Greenlighter
So, I've been on the highest dose of percocet there is for a while and I no longer get any euphoric effects. Granted, this might be because I have developed a physical tolerance to it (I am a legitimate chronic pain patient), but the high was nice. Should I switch to another medication? Fentanyl patches make me fall asleep and that's no fun. Any suggestions on requesting a switch from my doctor? Any combos that might boost the euphoria? Someone said Promethezine plus the Percs might help or that benzos (I have Ativan and Xanax at their maximum strengths), but does anyone here have firsthand experience? I'm headed to the doctor tomorrow and decided that I might pop back in if I were welcomed back after being flamed before.

How much oxycodone is in each perc (and how much APAP)?
How many do you take a day and at a time?
–I ask these questions because you said you are at the “maximum” daily dose. There is no maximum daily dose of any opioid, as individual tolerance, body composition, metabolism, genetics, etc etc, play role in this. However, there is not MUCH give and take when it comes to daily dosing of APAP. Search the forums for “percocet cold water extraction”. If you did a CWE, you could take much higher dosages, without fear of destroying your liver and turning your skin yellow in a few months.
----------

Promethazine, nor any amount of lorazepam or alprazolam is going to increase the effects of your oxy, but they will certainly add some temporary synergistic sedative action. You’re getting into a more complex grey zone of danger when you combine other CNS depressants and heavy doses of powerful antihistamines (power doses of antihistamines is stupid in itself, especially if they’re in the atropine class [akin to datura]), so buyer beware.

Read through this whole thread for all your answers: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ion-Thread-v2.0?highlight=opiate+potentiation

DexterMeth is right, adding other depressants into the mix isn't going to help you, it's going to make matters much worse in the long run...

Oxycodone is one of the most euphoric opioids, so I don't know if making a switch to another is really going to be worth it. You said that fentanyl makes you sleepy, which makes me think that you may not like "noddy" opioids, which most of them other than oxycodone are.

Lastly, oxycodone is one of, if not the most active of the opioids when taken orally. I think that this helps some people stick to taking them orally, whereas a switch to something that has a very low oral BA, yet a higher nasal, and obviously a higher IV BA may temp you to take them in the latter two ways, which comes with more dangers.

DexterMeth is correct in how adding things like the promethazine don't add to the euphoria. You might want to try to use some tagamet (cimetidine) or white grapefruit juice as potentiators, but don't expect miracles, as they may just add slightly to the duration of the oxycodone effects.

i would worry about increasing my dose - as another poster said, there is no "max" dose except what your pm doc says- because that much APAP is hard on your liver - but i have hep c and worry about these things- but long before i started abusing drugs i learnrd that i had to take perscs four days on and three off to maintain euphoria....... good luck ---- and id add that by the time youre doing CWE youve passed any grey area and entered a black area as you r prescribed this opiate for pain, not euphoria- maybe an anti-depressant would b something worth discussing w/ your doctor?

Last edited:
I took percocet recreationally for awhile (i.e- one to two years), until I couldn't get euphoric from it anymore. Then I started messing around with oc 80's then Opana. Opana is BY FAR the strongest prescription opiate I have ever tried, but I highly doubt your dr would prescribe you that. Your just asking to get into some trouble in all aspects of life if you keep searching that high my friend, instead of taking what its prescribe for. Albeit I know how hard it is to just take it for pain without getting the amazing euphoric effects. Wow, now I want to feel that, fuck.

I don't know the strength or quantity of Perocets you are taking, but you could consider switching to an equipotent dose of hydrocodone. I suggest Norco because they have the least APAP. Hydrocodone is sometimes reported to "push a button" that oxycodone and other opiates don't. Just make sure you aren't taking too much APAP. Oral morphine might also be better for you. It seems that as an opiate addiction progresses the addict tends to become more and more fond of heroin and morphine. Morphine lasts longer, and is more sedating. Hydrocodone could go either way, possibly more sedating than oxycodone or possibly more stimulating, I have heard varied reports.

I find hydro condone a bit better of a buzz than oxy, at least when I have a low enough tolerance to be able to choose between the two. Hydrocodone feels more speedy to me actually, and taken orally is real nice, it almost gives me a rush it seems to all kick in at once for some reason. Obama is my favorite prescription opioid, it's way better than oxy in my oppinion. Why don't you just ask for Rox?

Haha shit sorry I got this fucking iPad and it fucks with my spelling sometimes. While obama does instill a rush of euphoria every time I see his big ears, it's nothing like opana.

If the banks weren't bailed out, and he wasn't a Muslim terrorist, he'd come in ampule form.

So, I've been on the highest dose of percocet there is for a while and I no longer get any euphoric effects. Granted, this might be because I have developed a physical tolerance to it (I am a legitimate chronic pain patient), but the high was nice. Should I switch to another medication? Fentanyl patches make me fall asleep and that's no fun. Any suggestions on requesting a switch from my doctor? Any combos that might boost the euphoria? Someone said Promethezine plus the Percs might help or that benzos (I have Ativan and Xanax at their maximum strengths), but does anyone here have firsthand experience? I'm headed to the doctor tomorrow and decided that I might pop back in if I were welcomed back after being flamed before.

Isnt the highest dose of percs 10 mgs? Sounds like you need some oxy 30s, a lot of people call them roxys but the little blue pills are actually oxycodone 30 mg. Because they have all that acetaminophen in the percs which just have negative effects over time and prevents you from taking large amounts. I feel bad telling you to do a stronger opiate but i feel like its better than you taking all that damn acetaminophen from those percs over time. But once you get on those oxy 30s then you will start taking huge amounts of those and just like people said here you will be doing opanas and heroin before you know it. So just realize what you may be getting into. I know you are a pain patient so you have some sort of entitlement to these opiates but addiction doesnt discriminate. You prob already know all of that but just had to throw it in there just in case you didnt.

Also what did you mean by saying you had been flammed before? Were you talking about at the doctor's office or on this message board?

Percocet never really did much for me. I know a few people who get alot out of taking it, but unless I dose in the 60+ mg range, which is ridiculous considering how low my tolerance has been, it doesn't really do much but get me out of wd.

Not sure if the answer is nested in one of these posts, but you mention lack of euphoria -- do they still help with pain relief?

Save your liver, ask for oxycodone without the apap such as Roxicodone (min 5mg,10mg,15mg,30mg max) all IR too. OP's would be better on the liver, but I feel I need a much higher dosage of OP to feel euphoria and the time of onset can be a major role in the euphoria. OPs take a minute, but I enjoy them as a last resort choice or for wds

I don't know the strength or quantity of Perocets you are taking, but you could consider switching to an equipotent dose of hydrocodone. I suggest Norco because they have the least APAP. Hydrocodone is sometimes reported to "push a button" that oxycodone and other opiates don't. Just make sure you aren't taking too much APAP. Oral morphine might also be better for you. It seems that as an opiate addiction progresses the addict tends to become more and more fond of heroin and morphine. Morphine lasts longer, and is more sedating. Hydrocodone could go either way, possibly more sedating than oxycodone or possibly more stimulating, I have heard varied reports.

if youre going to do all that why not just get an rx for dilaudid- then sooner or later youll start injecting it, plugging it- whatever- youll emd up abusingit and seriously fucking your life up. once youre a dope fiend, u lose all perspective, joy, creativity, productive motivation- love - bad road to traval- youre on a slippery slope IMO

man, listen to these people, we all started thinking it would only be until we felt better, 68 days since my last opiate, psychadelics helped me find the light <3