• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids No longer get euphoria from Percocet

man, listen to these people, we all started thinking it would only be until we felt better, 68 days since my last opiate, psychadelics helped me find the light <3

true, true..... the FIRST time i got off opiates and coke- well EVERYTHING except psychadelics of course, was when i started using psychadelics..."...that was the first time- after that it was one horrid kick after another. im not on opiates now, havent been since last spring, meanwhile my pain has returned and getting worse and ive been considering seeing a pm and getting back on something " noneuphoric" -ultram, darvon (which is no longer legal in US ive discovered) - there r no easy answeres for those of us in real, chronic pain- except surgery- but even those dont last forever,e.g., my hip replacement 12 years ago is starting to seriously degenerate, which is normal and why they dont like putting them into people as young as i was (30s)- but the pain relief was wonderful for a while- then a broken C5 and 4 disc fusion later i was back on heavy opiates.........and struggled for about six months to get off. the sad thing is that opiates WORK for pain, are physically benign, ( unlike APAP or strong NSAIDS) and chronic pain destroys your life, but so does opate addiction unless youre one of the lucky few who can only become physically tolerant, ww/o the mental cravings..........which doesnt sound like the the OPs situation..........tread with caution and always b honest w/ your doc- maybe suboxone would b an idea, as its addiction potential is so low, but then again, thats not what the OP is looking for- from what i can tell hes looking for the opposite- and i cannot stress how much youll regret becoming a junkie- i certainly did and still do........be safe!

ps- congtatsVapor on 68 days opiate free! that is no small feat! how r u feeling? dealing with PAWS? i ask because im struggling getting of the stuff i used to deal w/acute wds & PAWS.....and really want to b totally drug free, as i had been for 13yrs before relapse..... what psychadelics did u use? i used pot/acid/dead shows to get off the " heavier stuff"...i know they r doing trials in some countries to prove that psychedelics help opiate addicts- tho doubt theyll offer anything like that in the country i live in (N. america) any time soon, if ever....

Last edited:
I no longer get euphoria from Percocets

I take the highest dosage of Percocet and even if I take like 20 of them, I no longer get a euphoria. I can get my hands on the Fentanyl patch, but I don't want to be nodding off. Should I get a lower dosage of the Fentanyl patch to avoid the nodding (I used to get the highest dosage) or should I just switch meds? Any suggestions for something my doctor would prescribe to give me a euphoria and help my pain. I need the pills for chronic pain, but I would like a little fun to go with it.

First off, I highly recommend not taking "20 of them" as percocet contains 325mg of APAP per pill and the recommended max dosages of APAP is 1000mg at once or 4000mg over a 24 hr. Period. That being said, it seems your tolerance is extremely high so you're not going to have much choice but to switch to something thats going to make you nod.

Lets say you do switch to something else, what will you do when you no longer get euphoria from that? You are not going to be able to get high everyday off of your meds. If you want to continue to have "fun" with them, then you should lower your daily dosage, and then save up the extras to have fun once a week. If you try to do anything more than that, it won't lead to anywhere good. You will just end up running out early, and the pain from withdrawal along with your chronic pain will really suck.

There is a cross tolerance between opiates, so if you are no longer getting euphoria from oxycodone, then you won't be getting euphoria from the equivalent dose of any other opiate. Even if you do get euphoria after switching to another med, it will be short lived, and you will be trying to figure out what your next move is to find yet another medication change to experience more euphoria.

I have seen chronic pain patients chasing the high that they once got from their meds, and it never ends well. Even if they got the dose raised, or another med added to their treatment, they ended up right back where they were before, trying to get something else to help. As your tolerance goes higher, your withdrawals will get worse, and start faster and faster after your last dose.

If you are taking 20 pills at a time without getting euphoria, it's time to take a tolerance break. It's also important to be doing a cold water extraction if the pills have APAP (acetaminophen) in them, otherwise you are doing a number on your liver.

Last edited:
Do listen to what Tommyboy said about the APAP; are you doing cold water extracts or no?

Stop taking oxycodone through percocet if you can't get high on them anymore.

Just ask your doctor for something else so you don't damage your liver... they'll know what else to give you. We aren't ALL doctors here. ;)

Im definatly no doctor but I have been in your position before. You should do the cold water extract for sure if you plan to continue taking large doses of drugs that contain acetaminophin(tylenol). I consider myself lucky because I have taken massive quanities of percocet and vicodon over the course of 11 years. and thats not to mention the alcohol I was consuming along with them. Thats another thing, never drink while taking any amount of acetaminophin. But my tolerance is the same way, I took 10 of the 5mg percs today and didnt feel anything in the slightest, they were free and they had no tylenol. But I just switched to better drugs, hydromorphone, morphine, methadone, oxyxontin, fentanyl and my all time favorite heroin. I think you should just drop your tolerance because messing with stronger drugs lead to worse problems. and I sure wouldn't go from percocet to fentanyl. Thats a huge increase in potency. If your gonna switch meds try a low dose of morphine or dilaudid. Fentanyl is some dangerous stuff man. I could see that as an easy overdose if you have been just taking percs, even if you have been taking 20 at a time. anyway bro good luck and be safe.

This is a problem. You got 2 choices. quit. Or move up to a serious drug addiction.
Ive been fighting one for years. IT SUCKS.

do a cold water extract! they are boomb.
Fentanyl's pretty fun, but to get high when I had a habit I'd have to smoke it, eat it, or shoot it. If you just stick it on you it's sort of subtle to a user who has a tolerance so beware of that.

My advice though, is to stop where you are and not get into any other harder opiates. Wish I would've done that when I still had the chance!

Don't fuck with fent if you're taking percocet, I doubt you have the tolerance and I've lost more family and friends to Fentanyl than any other opiate. Fentanyl should NEVER be underestimated, It can take 8-14 hours for it to start kicking in (transdermally), and if you don't have a massive tolerance by the time you realize you've taken too much it's way too late.

Plus, if euphoria is what you want, fentanyl is not for you. The only way you can get euphoria from it is by smoking the gel, and this is NOT to be done unless you can tolerate a huge doses of IV heroin, don't smoke fent.
This is the "crack cocaine" of opiates. It's incredibly short acting and will NOT give you any euphoria by using it in a safe way. I got crazy addicted to smoking fent, probably the worst addiction I've ever dealt with opiates.

If euphoria is what you want, switch to a non compounded form of oxy

You basically need to either stop completely, slow down, or at least switch to a medication that doesn't have any apap contained in the medication. If you don't and continue what your doing now you will destroy your liver very soon. I would reccomend at the least to get your doctor to prescribe you 15mg or 30mg ROXYCODONE. It has no apap in it but still has oxycodone(unless your already getting the percs with out apap in them). There safer then percocet IMO, no apap. Plus they taste excellent when blown. Or maybe you can bve switched over to OPANA. I wouldn't suggest Fent, they're dirty and will cause an even more ugly addiction.

OP, you had to exactly identical threads (one from a month ago) - I've merged your threads together.

Please don't create duplicate threads. It is against the rules.