• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Blunt' joke at drive-through leads to arrest of Burger King customer

Bluelight Crew
A Deltona man may have thought he was being funny when he asked for "a blunt and some herbs" – slang for marijuana – at the drive-through lane of a restaurant, but the cashier and Volusia County deputy sheriffs got the last laugh.

Shawn Porter, 32, is being held in the Volusia County Branch Jail near Daytona Beach with bail set at $1,000 on a charge of felony possession of marijuana.

It began with a late-night visit to the Burger King at 2790 Elkcam Blvd. in Deltona, Sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson said.

Porter and another man were in a white Saturn that pulled into the drive-through lane just before 10:30 p.m. Thursday and when it came time to order, one of them yelled that he wanted "a blunt and some herbs," Davidson said.

"When they drove up to the window, the cashier said she could smell the scent of marijuana coming from the car," Davidson said.

One of the store's managers could also smell marijuana. She told a 911 operator she was outside in the store's playground when the car passed by.

"I could smell the scent of weed – marijuana," she told the operator.

She then learned about the "blunt" order and said she decided to call with a description of the car and its tag number.

"It's not that it's a major emergency," she told the operator. "It's more of a nuisance than anything.

"I wanted to report their tag number because they are smoking drugs in the car," she said.

cont. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ustomer-goes-to-jail-20111202,0,6591531.story

Let's call these BK employees and thank them for making the world a nicer place!

(904) 532-2000

-911, what's your emergency?

-A car smelled like marijuana smoke! Won't somebody please think of the children!

She then learned about the "blunt" order and said she decided to call with a description of the car and its tag number.

"It's not that it's a major emergency," she told the operator. "It's more of a nuisance than anything.

"I wanted to report their tag number because they are smoking drugs in the car," she said.

cont. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ustomer-goes-to-jail-20111202,0,6591531.story

911; nuisance handlers

It wasn't a major emergency, but it was enough of an emergency to not look up the number for the police station and instead dial the same number you would use if someone had a heart attack or if your house was on fire.

Last edited:
Way to scare off stoners that are suddenly gonna crave the red headed bitch over your failing fast food chain.

Don't fast food company's know that people with the munches make up most of their sales? If they keep turning them in they are just going to lose money

i could see a teenager or young adult doing that but a 32yr old? mmm he should be smarter than that

-911, what's your emergency?

-A car smelled like marijuana smoke! Won't somebody please think of the children!

911; nuisance handlers

It wasn't a major emergency, but it was enough of an emergency to not look up the number for the police station and instead dial the same number you would use if someone had a heart attack or if your house was on fire.

Oh and of course, all the while, holding up an operator who could be dealing with a real emergency, like say, a house fire...

You can't blame them for calling the cops, it's a work space you are expected to act professional. None of us want to have to call the cops, but sometimes you have no choice. Don't you think this 32 old guy should have been smarter than he was? It sounds like something I would do if I was 17 years old again.

You can't blame them for calling the cops, it's a work space you are expected to act professional. None of us want to have to call the cops, but sometimes you have no choice. Don't you think this 32 old guy should have been smarter than he was? It sounds like something I would do if I was 17 years old again.

Since when do fast food customers in the drive thru need to be professional? Have you ever worked in a drive thru?

How did they have no choice to call the cops? Would the world end if this wasn't locked up and charged with a bullshit crime?

What was even accomplished by this guy being arrested?

Having worked in the service industry, I can safely say 90% + of all the employees working there smoke/have smoked weed at point. The only ones who don't are the big bosses who don't have to deal with working a bullshit job.

Fuck that manager, oh no a car that smells of weed. Is that REALLy the 1st time thats ever happened?

what if the guy didnt even have any weed on him? what if they were done smoking the joint a while ago and it still just smelled? also to the guy that said smoking in driving is wrong there is a news article in this section that actually say marijuana decreases traffic accidents compared to alcohol. whether that means weed is safer to drive on or that stoners just dont leave the house as much im not sure. i know that i can drive fine when stoned.

Since when do fast food customers in the drive thru need to be professional? Have you ever worked in a drive thru?

How did they have no choice to call the cops? Would the world end if this wasn't locked up and charged with a bullshit crime?

What was even accomplished by this guy being arrested?

I didn't say the driver had to act professional, and I'm not saying they had no choice to call the cops. I'm saying the employee's had to do the professional thing, in this case they believed calling the cops was necessary. It's a total waste of effort to go arresting people for mentioning weed at a drive through, but come on...the guy should have been the smart one and not done such a stupid thing in the first place.

^^
True it is still illegal and there are a lot of haters in the world. Best play it safe

I've had similar experiences of being baked and having the car stinking of weed in the past. I'm only 19 though. I certainly wouldn't do that when I'm 32, esp. if I have a felony amount one me. That just doesn't sound smart. It doesn't make it right, fuck those employees but seriously, weed is illegal and no matter how integrated into one's life it is, one should always be aware that there are douchebag BK employees and managers.

But yeah, at some point, I might call that number and mess with them.