• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rate my Nootropic stack for cognition and depression

somedud

Bluelighter
Tapering off 10 mg of lexapro, and going the herbal way, as nature intended.

SJW Kira - 300 mg 3x daily
Sam-e - 400 mg 2x daily
Neuroreplete (every essential amino acid for S, D, E , NE [5 HTP etc.])
Ginko biloba can't remember dosage

•Niacin 1000 mg (flushing[acid] form)
•Liquid B-complex
•Aniracetam - 1500 mg
•CDPCholine - 750 mg
•Inositol - 4500 mg
•Bacopa - 500 mg
• 1000 mg high potency DHA fish oil
• CalMag liquid, 30 mg
•Ashwagandha 500 mg
•Royal Jelly 1200 mg
•Pyritinol (b vit, mental sharpness and fights mental fatigue) 800 mg
•Picamilon 150 mg
•PhosphatdylSerine 500 mg morning and 500 mg night

All "•" taken in morning with whole milk for optimum absorption, some require the fats in milk for synergetic action.

What do you think? Criticism and suggestions are most definately welcome, as well as question, as I've done extensive research on the synergetic and biosynthesis of this proposed stack.

The only worry I have , is the none "•" part. SJW is SDN-RI and neuroreplete replenishes all my NTs, I don't want to risk negative interaction, as well, SSRIs labels restrict the use of MAOIs with SSRIs. Ginkgo being a non selective MAO-A\B inhibitor, and SJW having ssri properties worries me.

Gimmie your thoughts, especially on the ^^^ question/worry.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I was 'well-read' and used noots myself (personally found it to be a fruitless endeavor), but some observations.

Milk isn't good w/ all that - yes, fat/water are in milk so it'll help process fat/water soluble nutes/chems, however milk's protein is 80% caseinate, and has a good amount of calcium, both of which kind of hinder proper absorption of the nutes. While not very palatable, water/oil would likely be better here.

I hope that B complex is through the roof, that you're taking enough water for it, and that you're dosing it at least 2X/day. Also, the royal jelly, if I'm remembering correctly, is really only good for b's, no? If so, that'd make its inclusion kind of redundant.

aniracetam/piracetam/AGPC aren't really "natural", and the whole "natural is better" line is bs/urban myth anyways.

Neuroplete, well, never heard of it, but based on what you said I'd bet: it's far more expensive than, say, whey concentrate powder, and I can assure you it has FAR less of the aminos than a serving of whey would. Buying individual aminos is extremely expensive and almost universally yields significantly less aminos than just taking a protein supplement, I mean it's like $15 at walmart for a pound or so of whey concentrate (and it does list the aminos/scoop, but I can promise it'll kill any amino-product's numbers)

Fish oils - VERY important, DHA only thuogh? Also, dosage seems extremely low IMO. I'd take 2-3 of those twice a day ;)

IIRC, phosphatidylserine is pretty useless, if I were you I'd look for studies that show actual bennies. Same for ginkgo. (noot stacks get expensive fast and can have dangers if setup wrong, it's seems a good whey supplement, more fish oils, and a *heavy* b-complex would take care of almost all your needs here!)

Remember your calmag has, obvi, calcium - keep that spaced from the pills/meds you take, calcium has a way of killing their absorption.

Bacopa always interested me, it was the last one I found promising b4 bailing on noots - could you share info on it? (ideally, sources to show what its effects are and how they're achieved ;) )

And w/ the lexapro, taper SLOWLY, this makes a huuuuge difference w/ most any taper!!!

SJW has MAOI properties, not ssri, no? And remember SJW fucks w/ birth control, I believe it can fuck w/ your girl's b.control if that's an issue you gotta research that!

Also, I'm presuming your diet/water intake/activity levels are all good? If possible, elaborate a bit there, because if there's issues in any of those, then this stuff becomes very, very irrelevant!

Picamilon is scary stuff, and I know that twice when I'd taken it with 5HTP, and that's *without* any other serotonergics, I had at two different times scary Serotonin-Syndrome-like effects (overheating, hypertension, nausea, etc). It really never gave me any benefits either. I later saw some claims of Picamilon being a MAOI (unconfirmed), which I wouldn't be surprised if it is...

I'd throw it (and the very similar pyritinol) out if I were you.

I also don't see the point of so much Niacin.

how long are you planning on using SJW?

i thought it was only for occasional use.

Picamilon is scary stuff, and I know that twice when I'd taken it with 5HTP, and that's *without* any other serotonergics, I had at two different times scary Serotonin-Syndrome-like effects (overheating, hypertension, nausea, etc). It really never gave me any benefits either. I later saw some claims of Picamilon being a MAOI (unconfirmed), which I wouldn't be surprised if it is...

I'd throw it (and the very similar pyritinol) out if I were you.

I also don't see the point of so much Niacin.

If any product, or combo of products, even gave me a forewarning of potential ser.syndrome, I'd do exactly what jamshyd says - toss that shit.
/also unsure the point of the niacin (if you think it's a "detox/flusher" product like many do, it is not)

its not directly a "detox/flusher". it "detoxes/flushes" because niacin dialiates your capillaries and small blood vessels allowing blood to oxygenate areas of your body that were previously cut off from circulation.

I've read multiple studies confirming this. I can search for it later if you want to see it. I believe I've posted it somewhere on bluelight before though.

If you elaborate then studies/sources may not be needed. What exactly is it flushing, how much is flushed, and from where? I'm curious, I never heard about it introducing oxygen to areas preeviously anaerobic in a body (wouldn't said areas, yknow, be dead?)