• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone Cold Turkey 8mg 3 weeks

sprockets2000

Bluelighter
Hello,

I realize now that I cannot afford this program no way no how, they make me drive in every day which is about 10 dollars every day + 7 for my meds every day plus about 120 for their counseling./dr appt per month so im looking at like 700 a month.

Ive only been on 8mg for about 2 weeks before that i was on 6mg for 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks so I shouldn t have built up to much right?

My Plan: Buy weed.
Get one more 8mg pill
take 2mg a day for 3 days
last 2 days take 1mg
use tramadol after these days to help with wd for about 5 days If I get addicted to the trams whatever they dont get me high at all so I ont think it would be hard to ween off tramadol

Anyone have any experience with this?

jumping off from 1mg seems pretty high. This is a pretty quick taper, but I think it would be better to:

take 2mg a day for 2 days
1mg a day for 2 days
05.mg a day for 2 days.
then break the rest into 4 piles and try to make it last 4 days, or take as needed

buy some immodium, a benzo like diazepam would help a lot with the RLS and sleep, but if not, buy some OTC sleep meds.

the tramadol will help but don't go overboard. if you are getting any kind of buzz you are doing more harm than good as far as withdrawal

best of luck to you!

That's a serious drop, but if you have no choice, not much you can do. Sub withdrawals are more tolerable than full opiate agonist withdrawals, but tend to last much longer. From three weeks it shouldn't be too bad, but you will be uncomfortable. The dosage of suboxone you were using is way too high just to let you know, anything above 2mg is rather pointless, unless you are in W/D and it won't hold you, but that should be for like a week max.

I have acccess to ambien and xanax however do you think the wd will be that bad even after only being on the subs for 3-4 weeks?

Will I be able to go to school and shit after 7 days of WD?

I imagine with marijunana and tramadol it wouldnt be to bad, i dont care if im addicted to tramadol for a year I have access to like 10000 tabs so im pretty covered in that area.

tramadol WD is supposed to be like heroin withdrawal and SSRI withdrawal combined....so id definitely not trifle with it no matter how limitless your supply. dont take anymore than you need for withdrawal anyway. [weed is great for withdrawal though]

and you could probably cold turkey the subs without any bounceback. i cold turkeyed off 16 mg a day after 2.5 weeks and was fine. then i was on methadone for 3 months, then suboxone 8 mg a day for a month, and cold turkeyed off that. and only had 2 weeks of mild withdrawal.

besides suboxone being milder WD, a lot of what makes withdrawal seem worse at certain times is how attached you emotionally got. after only 3 -4 weeks on suboxone your WD you could cold turkey and be fine.

tramadol WD is supposed to be like heroin withdrawal and SSRI withdrawal combined
This is not correct. Tramadol withdrawal is nowhere near the intensity of Heroin. Heroin is a full opiate agonist while Tramadol is only opiate like. Tramadol is also an SNRI, not an SSRI, the W/D is different with the two. Tramadol withdrawal is totally shitty due to the dual withdrawal of it, but comparing it to Heroin withdrawal is farfetched. Tramadol does have VERY disproportionate withdrawals compared to its recreational value, but they are usually very short lived.

i just use the word "heroin" sometimes as a catch-all for opiates [kind of a weird thing i picked up somewhere i think]. replace it with "codeine" or suboxone maybe to be more accurate?

i just use the word "heroin" sometimes as a catch-all for opiates [kind of a weird thing i picked up somewhere i think]. replace it with "codeine" or suboxone maybe to be more accurate?
Haha, well Heroin is not a good "catch all" as it is pretty much the most hardcore opiate out there. Fentanyl and such are much more potent, but Heroin W/D is the end all hell for opiate withdrawal :p Tramadol is just a beast of its own, the opiate W/D of it is one in its own, it is just exasperated and much worse due to the dual comedown of the AD effects. The emotional rollercoaster that it all too common with SNRI W/D makes the opiate type W/D of it seem 100x worse.

I didn't do as fast a taper --I went 8, 6, 4, 2, 1, 0 every four days or so. I was able to work but not really able to sleep. Still can't--day four at zero. Oh well--it's better than it was at least. Called in sick today though.

I have had great success with taking high dosages of Immodium for withdrawal. It really works good and stops almost all the withdrawal symptoms.

I have had great success with taking high dosages of Immodium for withdrawal. It really works good and stops almost all the withdrawal symptoms.
You might want to indicate your dosages to help out the OP, and anyone else who is reading because of similar circumstances. However you're totally right about Immodium, it is great. I found taking around 12 to 20 mg at a time to be the most effective, anything above that just corked me up worse, but wasn't anymore effective. Please do share your experiences, and your dosages since we are here to help the OP :)

^excellent points. I found that its pretty easy to start with a semi-conservative dose and then increase it from there. When you find the right dose, you can take that q24 hours to greatly minimize withdrawals without causing problematic constipation.

I was using pods so its difficult to know exactly how much morphine I was ingesting but I am guessing about 150mg and 20-24mg loperamide held me pretty well.

What I did was found a dose and transitioned to that until I felt pretty comfortable (5-7 days) and then dropped 1-2mg per day. Its not 100% painless in my experience but made a tremendous difference.

You might want to indicate your dosages to help out the OP, and anyone else who is reading because of similar circumstances. However you're totally right about Immodium, it is great. I found taking around 12 to 20 mg at a time to be the most effective, anything above that just corked me up worse, but wasn't anymore effective. Please do share your experiences, and your dosages since we are here to help the OP :)

I have used it to successful get off Opiates a couple of times. I was on Opana the most recent time for about a month and the other time was Oxycontin. I would take a fairly high amount of Imodium AD (Loperamide) of around 160 mg at first to stop all symptoms. I would dose 40 pills (2mg each) and than about an hour later take another 40. The main issue was some stomach discomfort and I also took something to keep my bowels moving. Does a great job and it made the withdrawal not much of a issue except I was tired a lot.

i had no idea high doses of loperamide could help so much with WDs. i only use it for diarrhea in the amounts recommended on the box.

anyway, swallowing all sort of harmless pills is, if anything, also mentall therapeutic when youre WDing from an opiate binge.

currently, i use black seed oil, a few herbal pills [like valerian and some mixed-herb ones], and occasionally clonazepam or pot or alcohol. it takes the edge off and doesnt leave me rotting in my bed fantasizing about heroin.

If you have only used for 3 weeks then just jump of CT. No meaning in buying more pills and tapering because IF you get a withdrawal effect it will be very minor if even that..

I have gone cold turkey from 6 months daily use (4-8mg/day) and had no WD what so ever. (Yeah I know everyone is different but then some people do not get WD from Bupe that easy)
I bet im gonna have to eat my words when I go into hospital in a few weeks to get of 32mg Subs and onto Methadone.. :/

anything above 2mg is rather pointless

no way man... totally not true in my situation... i believe the ceiling is about 4mgs.... so sublingually that would be like 12mgs a day... cause of the absorption..

my ceiling is about 4mgs.. i notice the after a certain point it is pointless

But yeah the point is once you reach your ceiling level taking more sub would just extend the duration...

no way man... totally not true in my situation... i believe the ceiling is about 4mgs.... so sublingually that would be like 12mgs a day... cause of the absorption..

my ceiling is about 4mgs.. i notice the after a certain point it is pointless

But yeah the point is once you reach your ceiling level taking more sub would just extend the duration...
Lower doses of suboxone are far more euphoric, as buprenorphine is not a full agonist, but norbuprenorphine, what it metabolizes into, is. Taking smaller amounts leaves receptors free for the norbupe to bind to. I am talking SMALL doses at a time (0.5 mg or less) as bupe is POTENT.

well i was taking about 300mg of oxy so i guess i need more bupe to fill satisfied...

i mean how can you explain i feel better taking 4mg then .5mg dose?

It sounds absurd, but it's true

From my experience, 4mg feels no better, nor wards of WD's better than 2mg. I know everyone is different but most people think that since they had such a huge habit to other opiates, they need a lot of suboxone. And clueless doctors that hardly know the true pharmacology of the drug prescribe MASSIVE doses that are largely unnecessary. The only good part about taking large amounts is that you would have to wait far longer to feel any other opiate. So in terms of protecting your recovery, I guess it's good in that aspect.