• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nangs.... the irony of the loop - is it just me?

jakoz

Bluelighter
I dont really know how to articulate this, but here goes...
Ive spent virtually every nang over the last *6 months* in the same loop. It starts with me getting deja-vu, then getting deja-vu on the deja-vu, quickly going downhill from there, and looping within the loop over and over until my brain fails, i glimpse the knowledge i need to break out of the loop, and then promptly forget it, collapsing into laughter as I realise Ive failed yet again and have added another cycle to the loop. Today I *think* i managed to solve it, but have had 3 or 4 false solutions in the past, so we'll see :)
Anyway, this tears my mind apart every time I nang, and I seem to be the only one I know who is consistently in this loop.... just wondering anyone else is stuck in the same loop?
My parting sentiment is always bitter irony, as I realise my mind has beaten itself yet again, and I came *that close* to the solution.
I cant do the loop, with its 100 or so steps, justice on here, but you get the idea :)
---------------
EDIT: cancle... you're right. My answer must be divulged :)
At first I got sidetracked by other answers to other side riddles such as the one below, but on solving them, and thinking I had solved the riddle, the loop still continued.
-----------------------
So the (hopefully) final conclusion Ive gotten:
-Think of nangs as 'deja-vu juice'. Therefore, you are not REALLY experiencing deja-vu, but the chemical imbalance that causes deja-vu. Therefore, there is no loop. It doesnt exist... it only seems like it does, complicated by my next point:
-It was hard to work out how the loop happened, and now I think I know why. The loop, instead of happening afresh each time, happens in increments of 10-20 loops per nang. Each has deja-vu on top of it, so you really ARE remembering some of the loop - it has happened to you before. The problem is that we find it impossible to distinguish between different segments of the loop, and cannot tell when the chunks of the loop were assembled.
Sounds like gobblygook, even to me, but it's the best way I can put it.
:)
[ 09 December 2001: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

the nang loop is soo hard to get out of...
the last times i have had them.. the loop i would get stuck in is...
me being the absolute centre of the universe and just everything as a whole.. and just by myself being in the exact centre causes conflicts with other matter around me... if someone would say something or touch me.. u could almost see the person and there outlines and trails of flesh and matter making a move towards ur matter through other matter.. this got soo intense it has made me stop totally.. because it makes the loop more reality than reality itself .. does everyone have the same nang loop ? just perceived in diferent ways ?

Ahh..nangs, the most pointleesly fun drug in the entire world. I could spend a long time talking about nangs theories.
And Jakoz- Shame on you for solving your nang riddle and not telling us. C'mon.
Everything I know about nangs-Abridged
sorry everyone
The great thing about nangs is combining them with dualist philosophy. From what I undestand nitrous cause the NMDA neural receptors in your brain to be blocked. This stops any of the information you are receiving from going in to memory storage. All humans have about ten seconds of almost perfect memory which they involutarily recall. It's like when someone says something and you don't hear it, but you think and you know what they said.
Getting stuck in a permanent nang loop is so stupid. It usually happenns when I'm stoned. I'll be standing their and find myself rocking back and forth, opening and shutting my mouth or doing some other pointless action which involves binary opposition. I have decided that nangs+weed=pointless, it's just the same stupid nang thing over and over. Nitrous is a fractal drug, the closer you look, the more you realise it is the same.
This ramble is going to make no sense, so if you don't want to read pointless drug talk stop reading about two paragraphs ago.
Although I have no where near enough information about how nitrous effects your brain I just imagine it shuts it down. It clogs up the receptors until your brain gets slower and slower, then it starts to unclog and everything becomes normal again. The wierd thing about it is that if your conciousness was part of your brain you wouldn't notice it slow down because your conciouness would be slowed down as well. If this was the case, the world would just start to get fast for a bit and then return to normal. The fact that you are concious of your brain stopping is a good argument that the conciousness is seperate from the body or they are not as intertwined as you might think. meh, you are probably dismissing this already as stupid nang speak already , and it is, but it's still valid.
Is it true nitrous has a reverse tolerance. It seems likely to me by the way things go down now. Every time anyone does a baloon, they get the feeling that they are going deeper than they ever have before, usually they're not, it's usually the same place.
If you manage to get far enough out special things happen. I've never really made it out, but there is a place past the fractals, in black emptiness. Where you look down on the swirling fractal that is your life and have an epiffany. God lives there, whatever you may conceive him/her to be, it's pretty sweet.
I think I've rambled about nangs for long enough, I could talk about them for ever.
Couple more things.
1. Has anyone else ever got diamond vision, the world crytilised into diamonds?
2. Everything is binary opposition, the scariest thind to do when you are nanging realy hard is to sit there and try and work out the precise moment you touch your skin. there is on and off, nonsense and onsense. It's fucked up.
3. In my experience double baloons don't do shit, I'd rather have two nangs than one double one.
4. ISI is much better than clover brand. Fuck I want some medical grade.
5. It's common to get message about dying when doing nangs. The most poignant for me is basically. 'Life is so rich and diverse. it's much better to enjoy it at the most complex level possible.'
6. Don't ever let people write everything they know about nangs at midningt on a sunday. It will invariably be stupified ramblings.
7. If your nang macine starts to unscrew at the piercing place, use thermal expansion to your advantage. Get the matal as cold as possibly and then screw it tight.
8. Don't start to think that listening to radio static is a good idea while nanging, especially don't let friends increase the volume in a reverse echo type of thing.
9, The smaller god gets the more he loves you.
10. The perfect physical metaphor for taking a nangs is that of the striking of a gong. Or more like the gong vibrating in anticipation of being struck.
11. Use the serch function.
Fuck-i'm sorry everyone. Goodbye
[ 09 December 2001: Message edited by: cancle ]

I always get the same thoughts going through my head when on bulbs, I'm lying in a hostipal bed and my friends have turned into doctors and nurses and there's a life support unit which nearly always flatlines...
As with all psychadelics I've tried, bulbs get me into that endless loop of linked thoughts... I no longer do bulbs...

9, The smaller god gets the more he loves you.
hahahha
sounds like u have had a few nangs there ?

I knew someone would tell me to use the search function, but part of my actual solution consisted of (somehow - I dont know how I reached this conclusion, but I REALLY want to break out of this loop after 6 fucking months, so Im doing everything I worked out at the time) making this thread. It even ended up about the same length as the one in my loop :)
Plus, it doesnt really fit the other thread. I did discover my nang meaning of life, but recognise it now as a diversion to the true problem - what are nangs and what is the loop?
Nice big headfuck :)
EDIT: Oh yeah, and I fonally got there by yelling the answers into Primus' face, begging him to remember them so I could write everything down I discovered at the time. Bwahaha... I cheated the nang gods and their supreme sense of irony :)
[ 09 December 2001: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

One of my best friends has studied a lot of applied mathmatics. Every time she does nangs she gets caught in a 3D rendered version of a conundrum that used to drive her crazy when she was at uni. Every time without fail. Even after a year's break. Poor possum.

More stupid nang speak
1. The greatest nang trick to pull on someone is this:
When someone pulls a baloon, wait a bit until they are in nang-land(or as we like to call it, bone-land because it bones you out) when they are fully immersed in bone-land start rocking back and forth with vigour and repeart a sound over and over again. Me and my friends use yoy-yoy-yoy-yoy because it makes the most sense to us. You could easily use nang-nang-nang. Doing this totally fucks out the person who has pulled a baloon. it's like they have externalised the nang to the outside surroundings. I know it must sound really stupid, but if I ever meet some of you, I'll show you.
2. Acid or other hallucinogens give nangs personality. They colour the nangs, they give it faces, names, places and emotions ect...
3. the zen master lives where the space rubber begins to break.
4. From reading experiences on erowid apparently it is possible to totally stop time. The experience looks like it was written by a fool but it's still intresting. He was watching a friend dance and the friends movements became slower and slower until they stopped. Bizarre thing is he was concious of things stopping. Dualism bitches...Descarte.
5. It is important to stop yourself from rambaling about nangs on a public message board.
6. Remember kids, less nangs=better. Too many and it just gets stupid. 1 box is usually fine for a night.
7. Sleeping makes the nang loop stop.
8. Applying nang-think to real life can get stupid. Sutdies have shown that conversations usually always follow the same pattern ie. One person will keep repeating themselves in different ways until the other agrees with them. Often while nanging I will get amazingly frustrated with conversations or attempts to go out ect.. It's because everytime there is a gap in the conversation(apparently every 7 minutes) I start to think it is one loop ending and another beginning. it's kind of like stages of your life. You work out what you want and you keep repeating attempts to get it in different ways until you succeed. Then you realise you want/need to get something else. The something else is the aim of the next loop. When they get short the aims get small like: finding keys, going to shops, rolling cigarette ect..
9. When you get deep into the nang-world it seems familier. It's like it's a place you've always visited when you've gone to sleep and just forgotten when you've woken up.
10. Nang-world dosn't exist in space or time. It's where the conciousness resides. It has no bearing on the physical world.
[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: cancle ]

Nangs oh god, NANGS!!!
I had too many on the weekend, I know they're bad for me because I feel all fuzzy for a few days afterwards. Anyway. That's beside the point.
When I take a nang hit, or multiple nang hits, I go into a land where I am nothing, then, like when one wakes up from sleeping, I wake up into the hallucination that I then realise is my life. The more nitrous, the deeper the hallucination and conviction I have that my life IS a hallucination.
Needless to say, I still do nangs. ;)
-plaz out-

OK, had my first visit to bulbland yesterday... Now keep in mind I have had bulbs b4, but it was only 1 at a time so I just felt all fuzzy and I could sing like barry white. No-one had ever told me about bulbland, nor had I ever read anything about it. As you can imagine I was totally unprepared for it.
To start with:
9. When you get deep into the nang-world it seems familier. It's like it's a place you've always visited when you've gone to sleep and just forgotten when you've woken up.
That says what I felt perfectly, absolutely spot on.
This is what happened, I sucked some down, I think it was somewhere between 2 and 3 went to sing "cant get enough of your love babe" then I freeze on the spot all of asudden I think to myself "I feel like I'm tripping" "but I havent had any drugs" this must be a dream, hrm, hang on, I went to kryal on the weekend, am I still at kryal? Did I have acid?
is this a trip and I forgot that I'm on it? No, didnt take any acid at kryal... Oh, I can remember the drive home... maybe I'm on the drive home, and I've fallen asleep and I'm
dreaming, lukes driving isnt he? Yeah. This is cool. No, that cant be right, I remember getting in my car... OH MY FUCKING GOD IM DRIVING AND IVE FALLEN ASLEEP IM GOING TO
FUCKING DIE
WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP
ARGH I CANT WAKE UP
hang on, I remember that hallway, I remember that balloon, fuck me I had a nang...
OH!!!!
*woosh back to reality like in movies, i'm pretty sure I actually heard woosh too*
Then out loud to all those around me
FUCK ME!!!!!
It was one of the most frightening things of my life, yet because it was over so fast I can really appreciate it, but now I know what a nang does it'll never happen again I dont think as I'll know I'm on a drug, but I'm sure the nangs have much more in store for me :)
The best way to describe my feeling would be this: imagine someone slipped you acid, and you'd never done it before and didnt know you were under the influence of a drug and you started seeing shit and reality got all fractured, imagine how frightened you would be... I was like that and my god, it was one of the most amazing things I have ever ever ever felt.

Nangs aren't the harmless little things that so many people think they are!!
I've seen so many people look stupid on them, (if you think you don't then you obviously can't see yourself when other people are going overboard with them) and really it may be all fun and games at the time, but there could be that one time when it's not, and then you'll know!!!
Nangs turn people into greedy little ugly monsters! If there's only one nang left between 5 people and there's no possible way you can get any more, I guarantee that there will be a fight over it. Either that or I guarantee that someone will have hidden a box or 2 and soon enough someone else will find the box and there will be a fight or argument over those.
Hey call me a hypocrite, but I know where you're all coming from, believe me I do. The thing is that you don't want to solve the nang riddle or really even try to, because if you happen to try too hard, you may not like what you are seeing or experiencing, and it can get VERY VERY UGLY!!
If you're going to ignore what I've just typed out here, then remember this. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!
Oh yeah I forgot this
If you manage to get far enough out special things happen. I've never really made it out, but there is a place past the fractals, in black emptiness. Where you look down on the swirling fractal that is your life and have an epiffany. God lives there, whatever you may conceive him/her to be, it's pretty sweet.
That was exactly my point, however it wasn't sweet for me, it was very fucking frightening!! I'm not one to wig out on substances either.
[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: pekkie ]

yah the loop is now my favourite part of nangs, and why of late i've been getting a bit more into them. the loop just used to fucking confuse me, until i really started to understand it. i dunno what it was, but i think i started to think things like 'am i nanging', and about 10 loops into that thought (once it had been repeated 10 times in my head) i would think 'yeah i must be, cos the thought just looped' and then started to fuck with it...explaining having fun with looping is far too hard to do via words so i wont bother...
but i'm wondering more about the black space beyond the nang. the real bulbland...do people think this is why they do nangs?? or do they do it for the looping?? i personally like the black nothingness bulbland, everything is hella simple and nice, but i always get a tiny bit concerned when i come out of bulbland that its a bit wrong to experience that sort of psychosis through drugs. complete dissociation isn't really that scary for me, but i dont really wanna fuck with it. on the other hand, loops are a pisser, i love fucking with people while they are looping, and people are more than welcome to fuck with me while i'm looping :)
and as murph said...
'bulbs are evil dude'
(i don't think he was right, but fuck he had a big afro)
;)

Tries nangs for the first time yesterday, plaz couldnt wait to break my nang cherry. Funny as fuck but wierd as hell, would spaceout and wonder if i was going to come back.... then i would so ide have another and test the theorey again. Didnt get a loop effect, just like being stoned with out the harshness. Perfect recovery toy. Have to try for the loop next time, go for gold and all that.

Just have to agree with your description Jakoz... that is the perfect way to describe it - bitter sweet irony... so bitter so sweet, and so goddamn ironic ;)
The irony of "god" playing such a cruel yet pleasurable trick on you... letting you in on "god's" secrets, and then making you forget it all... jebuschrist :)

Hey Jakoz, tell everyone about your trick of making someone wave "hi" and "bye" unconciously while they are in nangland.
I wonder if it will work next time...or will my subconcious mind remember that it's a trick..
hmmmmm

aaah, bulbs, the most sweetly intense experience I've ever had. First off, I have to agree wholly with everyones comments on nang-land and the bulb experience, I agree absolutley with everyones definitions. I have a feeling that nitrous is the chemical equivalent of a metaphor, but I don't have a solid theory in the English language to describe that idea yet.
Nitrous is a pure existential experience, after trying it I changed my whole theory on life and reality, it's as if everyday reality is simply a complex hallucination, and true reality, the kind of Zen enlightenment that Siddharta Gotama experienced, resides deep within your unconciousness, which can be accessed when you are deep within nitrous intoxication.
The bitch of it all being, although you can remember the body buzzes, and the echoing sounds and the fractalised vision post-bulb, you can never remember the intense thoughts you had while you were bulbing, thus rendering you incapable of analysing these thoughts within the context of 'reality' and gauging whether they are in fact profound or simply garbled drug-think. Then of course the possibility exists that your bulbing thoughts would never make sense in 'reality', simply because you not in bulb-land.
I also find that when I'm doing bulbs alone I tend to sink a lot deeper in to 'bulb-land', or my unconscious mind, but when I'm with friends I either enjoy the giggling and buzzes, or get really paranoid because they aren't having the same intense experience I am, and they have no idea what my mind is doing.
So theres my little spin on nitrous philosophy, I have the feeling it could take a few more evenings of dedicated research with my bulberator and pipe. Oh yeah, and as Big Trancer says, moderation is the key, too many bulbs leaves you feeling a switched on TV set, a kind of mental version of tinitis (the high pitched buzzing in your ears after a night dancing in front of the speakers).
(sorry for the extended ramble everyone, I got carried away)

Had my first bulb experience on the weekend. Didn't have too many, because there were other people who enjoyed them more than me, so I thought I'd be nice :) .
The first bulb just kinda had the whole echo-viration-nangy thing going on, but the second one felt kinda like the universe was all vibrating and... i don't know, streaming along. The image was everything was black, with coloured lines of sound which were vibrating. I think i moved my body to try to catch the vibrations. What I remember after waking up was that I had felt that before. I swear I've felt and seen it before while I've been in bed, that point between sleep and wake. It was the biggest sense of deja vu. I don't know if I'd call it a loop though. Maybe I just have to have more :) It was a weird morphing of time - I swear I'd been out a lot longer than I was, even though I knew it was only a couple of seconds.
Btw, Anafalicious, I love watching you on bulbs man. You absolutely fascinate me. Sorry if I laughed at you, but you just looked like you had gone somewhere really kool and far away :)

Hahaha... the waving trick...
*Nick takes a nang*
Jakoz: Bye nick! (waves)
*Nick waves*
Jakoz: Everyone wave bye to Nick!
*People wave bye to Nick*
*Nick waves back*
*Everyone giggles as Nick cant stop waving for the next minute, slowly turning the wave into a groping motion*
hahahahaha.... that was sweet :)

Various conclusions Ive reached while nanging and been able to bring back, listed by category...
NANG GOD
-There is a God, and he did not mean for us to use nangs... we are not meant to be able to think like this
-There is a nang God, and I am him, and I just played a MONSTER joke on myself yet again.
-The nang god just had a huge laugh by letting me think I was him.
-The nang god is gaseous, and I just inhaled him.
-The nang god is faked out by nitrous, which gives us this effect since we were created by aliens in a fit of boredom.
-In the end, God tole me the answer to life, the universe and everything, and it made sense... the only answer that can be used for any question - 'who cares?'.
THE LOOP
-My entire life is composed of various loops within loops, and has been since Feb 19 when I first posted on thescene.com.au
-One of my grandad's chairs has somehow moved to where I am now, so I must have replaced it by being there again.
-My entire life is based around the point of my next nang, for which the time I am actually inhaling the nitrous is the only time I am not in a loop, before it begins again.
Plenty more, but theyre always a bastard to bring back :)