Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Alternative to Drugs

OrbMan

Bluelighter
OKay, I haven't posted for a while cause I quit the scene after drugs fucked with me big time (nearly losing my job, and nearly being booted out of uni and home).
But I'm going to my first rave in nearly a year (SLINKY!) and I was wondering what alternatives are there to drugs to help stay up all night and feel good and party??
(if there is such a thing??)
CHEERS,
Mark

Get plenty of sleep the nights leading up. If possible alter your sleep pattern so that you're going to bed later, say 12pm/1am but allow yourself to sleep in lots. Eat high carb meals (rice, bread, pasta). Stop consuming caffine now (chocolate, coffee, cola) so that on the night if you pop a few caffine pills you'll get more of a caffine hit. As you get tired consume sugar based food, or just plain sugar if you fancy. Possibly knock back a few guarana/no doz/red bull. But don't over do it, i tend to get ill if i have too much, hence why you should try to lower you're caffine tolerance. Tiredness can be a bit of a mindset, make sure you take needed breaks, but the longer you sit on your ass, the harder it is to get back up. If its just sleepiness rather than physical fatigue, try to battle through, you'll get a second wind soon enough.
Also, i find that alcohol up to a certain point (tipsiness) will make me quite energetic long into the night. Although be warned, again its a mindset, sometimes one beer and i'm on my arse. And one drink over tipsiness and suddenly the drunken lethargy sets in.

i find alot of red bull vodka works ok if you want to stay out all night and still dance. but drink it before you go and in double shots at the club as red bull would seem more expensive than alcohol.

This doesn't work for everyone, and you need to have fridays free. What I usually do is go to bed about 3:00AM on Thursday night, then sleep in for as long as I can (aim for after 1:00PM Friday at least). Then stay up all night Friday, but don't go out or anything - just take it easy. Go to sleep as the sun is just comming up and sleep for as long as you possibly can. This way when you get to the rave Saturday night you've only woken up about 5-6 hours ago and should have no trouble lasting the night.
smile.gif

I usually use this method, combined with gurana capsules and cans of V throughout the night. But as I said this won't work for everyone, because I'm naturally nocturnal and sleep better during the day. Some people won't be able to get a deep enough sleep Saturday day and so will end up more tired than usual...
Good luck!
smile.gif

Get lots of sleep as everyone said.
And you may want some energy supplement. But I'd recommend energy tablets rather than those drinks (red bull, B etc.) cos they're absolute rip offs. Go to your supermarket, head for the health food section, near the vitamins you should find guarana tablets. These are about 10 time more effective than any energy drink you can name, and the pack of around 30 costs $20.

The guarana capsules I get were in a pack of 60 for $11.95 from Coles... each capsule is about one can of V without the B vitamins or the shithouse taste...
Glucose tablets are also good for the quick energy boosts you might need... I forgot to mention them... get the chewable ones and carry them with you, and when ever you feel like dancing then eat one - you can have as many as you want whenever you need them acording to the packet.
smile.gif

Basically what the others have sleep for as long as you can the night before and rest up during the day and a few energy drinks can't hurt
smile.gif
Good luck
smile.gif

------------------
So now the people who had no land have farms, things in the jungle might be uncomfortable but at least they have part of their crops and can hope for a good harvest. Their new home is likely to be on the edge of one of the big new roads such as the Trans-Amazonian Highway. It's an impressive sounding name but really its just a very long single track dirt road.

Caffiene. Guarana, etc are all within the broad definition of *drugs*...
If you want to make the most of your night, either:
a) only stay as long as you can without feeling absolutely knackered. If the party is rocking, the dj's you are seeing are good and the people you are with are good fun, then there shouldn't be a reason why you can't stay til dawn. You DONT have to be amped up on *something* to have a good time OR
b) don't go - because if a doesn't work, then why are you going? OR
c) buy an 8ball and get back into the swing of things.
Note - last comment was in jest :p

Exodus or Nemesis.
They contain things like cayene powder, amino acids and phenylalanine.
They promote dopamine release similar to speed but don't tend to destroy your septum or cartiledge.
Get 'em from a head shop, funk store, bong emporium.
They rock.
------------------
Empathy. Grace.

I railed some coffee once.
Nope. Didn't help.
Take 4 demazin 12 hour release tablets and wash down wif a couple of V's.
Take some gurana tablets form the supermarket and rock your ass off.
that's the closest to a drug free night I have done (trying to stay up all night, I have done nothing excpet drink coke, but that's sugar and caffine, so there is no real drug free night, only different levels of fuckedupness)

just get into the groove and fucking enjoy it! sounds like you're already looking forward to it anyhow...
you can get adrenaline injections for that real buzz, though...

"just get into the groove and fucking enjoy it! sounds like you're already looking forward to it anyhow..."
WORD!
If the music and the general vibe is good and rockin, you should have no trouble staying up all night for it. Perhaps you wont be caning all over the dancefloor but you don't HAVE to be to have fun (helps tho ey
wink.gif
) If you are thinking about drinking, i have found recently that it is not hard to stay up with alcohol. The only way i have been getting exhausted from it is when i take too long breaks. I've stayed up all night as well off nothing at all, i wasn't partying by sunrise but i was conscious (i am pretty nocturnal tho, rarely get to bed b4 midnight). So yeah, rest up beforehand, get psyched for it and CHARGE.. it's all in the mind maaaaaaaan...

Music can be the drug.
Although the closest I have done to drug free is a SHITLOAD of gurana tabs and red bulls.
Just to keep me dancin.
Oh, and magneseum, to stop those FUCKING cramps.....

Maybe I will do drugs (fuckin' temptin??
anyone can tell me the least bad drug that will keep me rocking the whole night??
NO MDMA, Coke or speed!!

orbman: dexies/dexamphetamine. it's prescription medicine for ADD, so find yourself an ADD friend and borrow some off him/her. it's basically a similar chemical to speed, but it's a medicine. i'm sure there's a few threads around here about them, so use your search button.
haven't used them myself, but some people in the know have used them with great success.

OrbMan, if your right into the music i promise you will need NO DRUGS. I've had some great experienceds at raves and clubs and i love all the effects of mdma.
But the best experience i have ever had was being 100% straight dancing like crazy to Carl Cox in the boiler room... AMAZING..
See you at Slinky
smile.gif

I thought the topic was "Alternative to drugs" not "What else could i take to give the false effects of amphetamines".
As i said before, if you OR anyone else reading this, couldn't possibly contemplate going out without drugs then what reason do you go out for? to use clubs/raves/events as crackhouses? If you can't have a good time without drugs then ppl need help.
And yes, loading yourself up on Guarana, Red Bulls, Caffeine, Dexies, what the fuck ever still is just another form of "drugging" yourself so you can feel like you have a good time.
Honestly, the responses to this thread defeat the purpose of BL.

You can also try about 6 St John's Wort's capsules. It will give you a little loved up feeling. Add that to some gaurana and away you go!
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

Try this:
Go to the chemist, and get an OTC sleeping pill called 'dozile' - a cheap, locally made pill that is best suited for this purpose.
The reason its suited is that with two of these, you can quite easily sleep for 14 hours or so. These ones last for quite a while.
Say youre going out saturday nite... stay up friday nite till 4am, and sleep till 6pm sat nite. Youll be fulla beans
smile.gif

Then again, I started doing this while I was doing shiftwork... *shrug*