Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

XTC BUST..Senior Cop charged

BayCityRolla

Bluelighter
Just heard on 3AW that a Senior Cop ( I think in Melbourne ) has been charged along with 4 others in relation to an 55000 xtc tablet bust..Thats all I heard...
Anyone else hear this..?
BCR

doesn't seem to be on any news websites or even 3aw's site. wot time was this and have u got any more details?

Heard it around 5:50pm..It was a breaking
story..
Sorry no more details.....
sure to be some tomorrow..
BCR

Yup, heard it on 3LO (3AW?!? pftttt!! Its like listening to the Herald-Sun)
55,000 3mil worth, Det. Sgt charged and suspended without pay, the bust took place in Caufield after a lengthy undercover operation.

I just caught it on Sky, apparently the det. sgt. was in possesion of firearms and explosives too.
Now where was that thread on cops being in the scene.... :p

Now just wait a couple weeks and see which user hasn't been posting since yesterdays bust..
smile.gif

From this morning's Australian:
Officer's E Haul
A senior Victorian detective has been charged over a $3 Million haul of ecstacy tablets. The 48-yr old detective sergeant faced Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday of two counts of trafficking a commercial quantity of a drug of dependence, and another of trafficking a drug of dependence.

And the bastards expect us to take them seriously? Must say I am ambivalent about drug dealers in general (ingrained aversion, but where would I get my lovely pills from otherwise:) but I have no sympathy for people who make a living from locking up drug users & dealers, and deal on the sly themselves. May he spend years as the wife of a serial killer.

BTW the 55,000 pills were green ?s....
------------------
"The power of the Dance is a dangerous power. Like other forms of self-surrender, it is easier to begin than to stop."
- E.R.Dodds

Drugs detective charged in bust

By JOHN SILVESTER
Tuesday 31 July 2001

Internal police investigators believe they have uncovered a corrupt cell within the drug squad responsible for running its own drug syndicate.
Ethical Standards Department police have arrested five men - including a detective sergeant - and seized 55,000 ecstasy tablets, valued at $3 million.
The detective sergeant, 48, was arrested in a Caulfield park on Sunday night after a seven-month investigation into the squad.
The investigation centres on allegations that detectives:
  • Sold banned chemicals to drug manufacturers for amphetamine production.
  • Bought cocaine from a syndicate.
  • Sold ecstasy and amphetamines to a Melbourne-based crime group.
  • Set up their own private company to launder drug profits.
A taskforce arrested the detective sergeant in a sting operation and later seized 55,000 green ecstasy tablets at a St Kilda motel. He was charged with two counts of drug trafficking and suspended without pay. Three other men, including an Israeli national, were also charged. A fifth will be charged on summons.
Police also seized Australian and US cash, firearms and explosives. More arrests are expected.
The taskforce was set up after an internal audit into the legitimate purchase of chemicals by the drug squad for undercover operations. The audit allegedly found a large number of unauthorised purchases by a small group of detectives last year. Internal investigators believe the chemicals were resold to amphetamine manufacturers. It is believed that the chemicals could be distilled into five kilograms of pure amphetamine.
One member of the drug squad under investigation went on sick leave in early June. Another resigned abruptly just before Christmas although he had not secured a job.
Assistant Commissioner (Crime) George Davis said police would discuss with the Ombudsman whether a review of the drug squad was needed. "The enormous amount of money available to high-level drug traffickers and the potential that has to corrupt is a significant problem," he said.
Mr Davis said he had confidence in the squad. "Detectives from the drug squad have been selected because of their high integrity and they continue to demonstrate strong ethical character."
In January, 1997, police discovered that the squad's St Kilda Road offices had been burgled and confidential files on an amphetamines investigation had been stolen.
The stolen files related to investigations into Australia's biggest amphetamines dealer, John William Samuel Higgs. The theft also revealed details on one of the drug squad's top informers, a man codenamed E2/92.
An internal investigation, codenamed Sentinel, failed to gather sufficient evidence to charge those suspected in the burglary.
Last year a former drug squad senior detective, Kevin Hicks, was sentenced to a minimum of four years in prison for stealing chemicals seized in police raids.
From: http://www.theage.com.au/news/state/2001/07/31/FFXNNTW4RPC.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Bloody should have been more careful they where Green ?'s after all.

goddamnit... green ?'s
*laments the loss of one of the best pills this year*
that really sucks... not happy jan...
frown.gif

------------------
"oh the grand old duke of york,
he had 10,000 men,
he marched them up to the top of the hill,
and crushed all the nations of the world and brought them under the rule of satan our master..."
Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - Good Omens...

Damn you!!! Damn you all to hell!!
It should have been speed bombs, not green ?'s!
oh well, im sure they'll get convieniently lost and redistributed in the coming months.
8)

ok, wasn't there some dodgy green ?marks as well? consider this, dodgy cops help dodgy speed manufacturers with chems, these are then pressed into well regarded pill (green ? in this case), and sold off. Or they could be the good ones, I wonder.

the once popular music artist "M" (pop-music), had the follow up hits: 'that's the way the money goes' and 'also official secrets'.
the latter of the two goes...
"crooks with badges deceive everyone,
civil respect at the point of a gun.
official secrets, fiction or fact,
official secrets, get in on the act"
it is so typical of police forces world wide. but who can really blame them. it's kinda human nature!
is there any honest confirmation that these were green ?s or just green pills. there are plenty of green pills going round melbourne, plenty which i'm sure we can do without. my guess would be, given the track record of this internal police syndicate, that these were indeed shite speed or ket bombs the like of green euros.

Not that it matters, but i thought i'd contribute to the conversation...
Firstly, they were only green pills... theres no mentino of the questionmark
smile.gif
how many green pills do you know of? I've acquired/been offered at least a couple of different kind of GREEN pills in the last few weeks. So don't dispair, just cause the pills they seized were the colour green
smile.gif

Also, from the story we learn that the cops bought the chemicals needed, and then gave them to the drug people to make, and get back to them, to push.
So that means, either;
a) The Bad cops know how to make good drugs
smile.gif
and the Cops are responsible for the beautiful green ?'s
smile.gif

b) The pills seized were not green ?'s
c) The pills seized were fake green ?'s
------------------
*bounce*
*bounce bounce bounce*
------------------------
<+\Tesi

Actually I seen two media report on Green ?'s in Melbourne. Anyway I think I may go join the police force now.

If we are talking THE green ?'s here i think there is something we should all do, and that is have a moment's silence for the little bastards..who asked nothing from us (cept their due fee), but gave so much in return.
May they be lost somewhere in the system and return to our streets asap. Or thrown into the ocean, so that many whales can get high.
R.I.P.
------------------
You can kick the monkey all you want...but what do you do when he wakes up?

This bust has bigger ramifications than you think.
Yes, these are confirmed that they are "the" green ?'s. From the SAME makers as basically all of the other absolutely amazing pills of this year. (think alpha's, ?'s, yin yangs, moto's etc...) What i'm wondering, is how far up they went. They only talked about the cops being caught, which scares me because I think those cops will snitch to get themselves out of trouble.
Also....55 000 worth $3mil....that makes each pill worth just under $55 dollars. I'm sorry, but for some reason I dont think that bust was worth $3mil unless they are going along the lines of "At least thats 55 000 melbournians that will be safer"
blah
frown.gif