Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2C-D/40mg intramuscular) Experienced

SKL

Bluelight Crew
2C-D, 40mg of the hydrochloride, i.m., to the deltoid. Home alone on a Saturday night, on a whim. On a baseline dose of 8 gr of good Bali kratom, taken at T-3 hours.

Rapid onset with first alert felt at around T+4 or 5 minutes, rapidly elevating in intensity--an overwhelming psychedelic body rush. It is too much for me, I vomit from the intensity, then go lie down. I am enveloped by geometric shapes. I am enveloped--but still it is all very subdued in a way, the visuals are not intricate, there are no fractals or complex, impossible structures like with DMT or LSD, although the sheer amount of disturbance to my visual field rivals either; the colors are primary and low in intensity, but everything is increasingly shattered into this fundamental geometry.

Despite the intensity of the perceptual disturbances, I feel remarkably clear-headed; lucid, even. Mood is neutral. The ego is entirely intact. Fundamentally I feel sober, at least in comparison to the salience of the visuals, the greatest alteration to my sensorium is a general drugedness, a stoning sensation, a flitting of the mind between different disconnected trains of thought, but nothing quite out of the ordinary. The visual aspect is truly remarkable, however, the colors become more brilliant and start to strobe towards the peak; there are also, unusually for me on a classical psychedelic, notable auditory effects, primarily strobing and rhythmic distortions of sounds present in the ordinary "white noise" of city life going on beyond my walls. Also oddly, I find no enjoyment in music, on the contrary, I find it agitating. I vomit again.

After the rapid come up, things plateau a bit and I feel more positive. Stoned sensorium recedes, and I start to think more clearly in an operative sense. There is still a good deal of residual tension; body load in the form of clenched jaw and a slight tremulousness, peripheral vasoconstriction. There is a diminished sensitivity to pain. At about an hour after the injection, the visuals die down. Light psychedelia to T+2 hours, and shortly thereafter I return to baseline with the exception of a lingering sensation not unlike haven drunken too much coffee. This persists a few hours. In retrospect, dose could be considered excessive, but experience remembered as rewarding.

Last edited:
Short and Simple.. Nice report SKL

So the whole experience lasted about an hour you say?

Thank you

Two hours top tom bottom, but an hour of solid tripping

Wow.. that's about 1/2-1/3 the duration of it orally

Kudos to you for being able to withstand that onslaught.

Would you try it again with a lower dose? Maybe in combo with another 2C-* or tryptamine psychedelic(not IM but orally or plugged maybe) to see if the "tofu" effect is still present?

I enjoyed this experience, actually.

I would do it again for the sheer intensity of the visuals, I havne't had anything that compares to that except maybe LSD+DMT.

But on the body it surely was agitating.

Way stronger than I thought it would be though. I am glad 2C-D is such a psychologically gentle drug.

I'd definitely try it again at 20, 30mg.

I would say it is 3-4x the potency of oral dosing. 80mg orally got me nowhere close to what 40mg IM did.

Have you tried it plugged? From what I've heard, doing that cuts the dose around 1/2 -1/3

Nope. I'm one of those people who still thinks that's an exit-only door. ;)

lol

Would you ever consider trying a dose around 10mg IV to compare it to the intensity of the 40mg IM?

Well, at about T-1 minute, I had the needle in my hand, and I was trying to decide how to take it, something told me to go with i.m., so I did. Boy am I glad I did. And I would definitely try 10mg i.v. Sounds like a blast.

Methyl is my favorite of the 2C-compounds. These days actually it is probably my favorite psychedelic, definitely my favorite light trip. i like it for it's groundedness and practicality -- not a lot of analysis and abstractions, no flights in lurid heights of mania, no ego games, none of all that other stuff I feel too old for these days, just a brief foray into psychedelia for a few hours

edited to clarify timeline

Swerlz, look for the IV trip report coming soon to a thread near you, just need to make the time

For Swerls:

Did it some time ago.

Finally got around to writing it up.

(I usually have a degree of distance between my write-ups and my trips, and I've developed a good memory for these sorts of specific characteristics. Having the distance helps me not focus on what I don't want to focus on and better compare to the baseline and other experiences.)

2C-D, 10mg, i.v. I can taste the phenethylamine under my tongue. There is a general "weird" ambiance, an odd mood and sensorium. I am slightly diaphoretic. There is a barely perceptible pixelation and rainbow effect on my vision. Thought process is linear, somewhat anxious. Hints of breathing and other visual effects in the periphery of my vision; meanwhile, my peripheral nervous system, tremulous. This in the first 5 minutes. Thereafter, a plateau of about the same. On the threshold of an altered state and a colorshow like in the above report, but never through the door. A bit stimulated, but like a few cups of coffee, maybe on par with ethylcathinone at best, not sharp like amphetamine. Nothing I would call nootropic. The diminished sensitivity to pain is there. There is no real euphoria. Something present, but very little of interest. Would have to explore at higher doses.

I had about the same experiance with 20mg 2C-C Iv'ed. Really clear headed with loads of visuals.

Oh I love reading new 2C-D reports, this is my gem of the phen family. I am so happy to see (yet another) trial IM dose as I have been planning on trying this as well.

I don't see myself doing 40 right off the bat but 25 may be a good start, oh I'm giddy now, can't wait to write a review!!

Thanks SKL

2C-D,
Despite the intensity of the perceptual disturbances, I feel remarkably clear-headed; lucid, even. Mood is neutral. The ego is entirely intact. Fundamentally I feel sober, at least in comparison to the salience of the visuals, the greatest alteration to my sensorium is a general drugedness, a stoning sensation, a flitting of the mind between different disconnected trains of thought, but nothing quite out of the ordinary. The visual aspect is truly remarkable, .

I found this with high doses of 2CD ( 100mgs+ always taken orally or plugged) however on each occassion I had opiates in my system.
Taking 2CD since then, without opiates, led to a better emotional state than the neutral one that you describe.
I recall bemoaning this lack of emotional depth a great deal at the time.
I would think " if only the emotional intensity equalled that of the visual one this would be one of the worlds greatest psychs" perhaps.
Without opiates it does have some emotional content a deal of good humour & a dash of euphoria :)

I find a little amphetamine adds the necessary depth.

I'm on long term maintenance, so "without opiates" is a qualified thing for me ...

^ I was sort of aware of that - so was I at the time, it's why I mentioned it really.

Indeed...it is a factor that is both importantnand slightly unsettling to consider when speaking about the effects of drugs ...