• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How do older users like to roll?

losthippy

Bluelighter
I'm curious about how older folk enjoy their MDMA experience, given that we're such a small % of users in the scheme of things. Being over 50 and not into charging to a beat at packed events, Mrs. losthippy and I tend to enjoy our own company at home. It doesn't help that our 'juvenile behaviour' is frowned upon by others our own age. Even the idea of choofing up is met with scorn. Night time with the widescreen and sound system works well enough, and living out in the sticks without neighbours makes night-time walks pretty cool. Rolling by day is a bit rarer as unexpected drop-ins have caught us out on occassion and been a bitch to handle, so we usually stick to the night. Of course the age thing and paucity of contacts makes our favoured recreational activity less regular than it used to be. Such is life, I guess. So, what else do older users do to spark up their rolls?

I lovvvvve meeting older rollers- I'm 26 myself, and among club kids, I'm actually considered old, so it's inspiring to meet people that are 40+ that enjoy MDMA.

My dad is 53 and rolled for the first time in August with us- the only thing that made his experience different from a young first-timer in his opinion was the amount of life experience, and drugs he's already tried (you name it, he's given it a go!).

I think MDMA takes a certain level of life experience and maturity to appreciate, I find it to be a rather deep, emotional experience, and I think having some wisdom can only make that experience more meaningful.

I know I'm not answering your questions personally, since I'm 24 years shy of my 50th birthday, but just thought I'd say I love that people of all ages roll, here is the most beautiful piece ever written about MDMA (imo), and it's written by a 50 year old journalist/author who guys MDMA from his own son:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2001/jul/14/books.guardianreview

I'm only 31, but as Bsiren said, that's old among certain crowds. I sincerely hope I'm still rolling in my 50s. And, while I still hit the occasional club or rave, I also greatly enjoy just hanging out at home with friends having quality conversation and listening to music.

I lovvvvve meeting older rollers- I'm 26 myself, and among club kids, I'm actually considered old, so it's inspiring to meet people that are 40+ that enjoy MDMA.

My dad is 53 and rolled for the first time in August with us- the only thing that made his experience different from a young first-timer in his opinion was the amount of life experience, and drugs he's already tried (you name it, he's given it a go!).

I think MDMA takes a certain level of life experience and maturity to appreciate, I find it to be a rather deep, emotional experience, and I think having some wisdom can only make that experience more meaningful.

I know I'm not answering your questions personally, since I'm 24 years shy of my 50th birthday, but just thought I'd say I love that people of all ages roll, here is the most beautiful piece ever written about MDMA (imo), and it's written by a 50 year old journalist/author who guys MDMA from his own son:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2001/jul/14/books.guardianreview

^This is aweome!!

I'm also 26, and nowhere near 50 yet, but I have been rolling for almost 10 years, and I consider myself somewhat experienced with it. By that I mean I've gotten past the honeymoon stage, and I feel like I appreciate MDMA alot more than I used to when I was younger. I hope I'll still be at when I'm 40+, I think that's awesome!

That being said, some of my best experiences with MDMA weren't at a club or event, but at home with close friends and good music. It doesn't matter what type of music you enjoy, it's all good. I find that a more personal environment, like at home with the Mrs, lets you fully enjoy the more intimate, empathetic aspects of it. It's a whole different feeling than raging at a festival or club, that's awesome too though!

I'd say lock yourselves up in the house and have a blast!!

I'm 42 and my wife is 31. Rolling is one of our best couple thing. We home roll only. Sorry we dont want to share the moment with anyone. Just us! Our frequency is about every 3 months. We plan, prepare and work on the set up together. We have a blast and we are counting the days to the next roll. (26 from today) Play, music, sex, snuggles... I hope we will still be rolling in 20 years

I'm 42 and my wife is 31. Rolling is one of our best couple thing. We home roll only. Sorry we dont want to share the moment with anyone. Just us! Our frequency is about every 3 months. We plan, prepare and work on the set up together. We have a blast and we are counting the days to the next roll. (26 from today) Play, music, sex, snuggles... I hope we will still be rolling in 20 years

thats the spirit! responsiable user

My fiancée and I are 27, we both are really new to MDMA but this thread makes me feel at home :)

Oh and Bsiren, i envy that you were able to roll with your father... I don't think I could ever get that to happen lol

I'm 30 and have been taking mdma for almost 11 years now. I use to go to clubs and what not but figured out after awhile that rolling at home is best. No worries about what's going on in public, no buzz kill drive home worrying about a DUI and I just feel like when I roll at home it's more enjoyable and longer lasting. I have rolled during the day but that was something just to try. I prefer to roll at night and on a Friday so that I have the rest of the weekend to heal up before work on Monday.

I'm 32 and my partner is 52. I spent a few years deeply involved in the house / dj scene and had plenty of experience; but he had none. I hadn't come across it in 5 years or so. We decided to try MDMA, just the two of us at his house, when I came across it out of the blue. We connected very deeply that night and it was the start of our "dating" relationship becoming a "partner" relationship.

Now it remains a special occasion treat for us. Once every few months, we plan an X night. We typically will plan the whole evening, including setting up fun decor, cleaning the whole house spotless so we don't wake up to a mess the next morning, a light dinner (we're both devoted cooks / foodies), some pre-roll activities (a game, painting with water colors, a nice long walk, etc, a swim in his pool, a dip in my hot tub), and make sure we have the massage table set up with various sex implements handy (poppers, lube, toys, towels, etc).

I typically play DJ, and we usually spend hours and hours in a euphoric state, alternating between deep and connective conversations and physical and sexual intimacy. He may be twenty years older than I am, but he's up for the whole thing each time and we take this "fun time" together very seriously.

I had forgotten what fun it can bring and I hope we continue to enjoy this as long as we're together (which I assume will be forever because I can't picture anything without him <3).

I am 51 and I like to roll at night, outside. I walk to the local university and roam through their gorgeous old buildings, monster huge trees, flowers, beautiful statues to sit and ponder, and rose gardens. There is a tile meditation maze that I like to follow and focus on. I have rolled at the university 20 times easy. It is safe, and no one hassles me, not students, not security. (One nice thing about being this age is that no one suspects I am rolling. I got pulled over for speeding once, rolling major balls, but in never even occurred to the pig lady that I was on xtc.)

I have a friend a number of years younger than me that likes to go with me for these experiences, and we take our phones to use as music. We each have some great rolling tunes on our phones. We walk all around as I described above, and talk about philosophy and religion and culture. If we have dosed heavily, well, 3 or 4 pills each, the peak comes on strong. In those moments we will usually hold tightly to each other's hands but we are not physical other than that.

Once I rolled at Disneyland while I was chaperoning Seniors night there, after graduation, and it was hella incredible.

Once I rolled at Disneyland while I was chaperoning Seniors night there, after graduation, and it was hella incredible.

LOL...that's what I'm talkin about...sounds like you had more fun than the seniors! =D

My fiancée and I are 27, we both are really new to MDMA but this thread makes me feel at home :)

Oh and Bsiren, i envy that you were able to roll with your father... I don't think I could ever get that to happen lol

=) My dad is extremely open minded- he has tried every psychedelic I've known of, and quite a few other "harder" drugs. He's one of those people whose never been a problematic user, just a curious one. =)

I think many of us under 30 associate MDMA so heavily with raves and EDM culture, it seems odd to imagine someone using MDMA while listening to classical music, or rock, or opera or anything else, and in a setting completely opposite to a rave, club, or sex party.

Possibly my best MDMA experience was while camping- we were hoping to try shrooms, but those didn't come through, and we had MDMA, so we did that with a group of people older than us, and it was heavennnnly. Aside from that, my MDMA use has been all clubs/raves. It was wonderful to interact with people with more life experience than me in such a profound state of ecstasy.

I am 40 now and have been rolling since 1992(18 years). I was heavy into the club then rave culture( State Palace in New Orleans was legendary),but around the age of 32 I started to prefer house parties. Now at 40 most of my friends have kids and of course jobs/bills so house parties are more infrequent. Now days me and the wife usually just enjoy jamming some music and enjoy some incredible sex in the privacy of our home.

I like to roll hard :) - Im 40 and enjoying clubbing getting into a serious mess and not giving a toss what other people think. My last holiday in Ibiza was such a messy week involving too many pills and some serious ket holes along the way.

I've been using for over 20 years and have met some 50/60+y/o's at events clubs still going strong etc.

Youbetcha. I celebrated my 43rd birthday with a dose of 150mg pure molly powder, followed by a 75mg bump two hours later.

Let me tell you the magic is still there 20+ years later.

Point of the whole thing is to enrich your life. And that it does. I roll with friends in their teens, twenties, thirties, forties, fifties, and sixties. I roll at clubs. I roll at home. I roll at night. I roll in the day. I roll whenever I feel like it, because MDMA is a powerful ally, and one of the most wonderful tools of the trade that the great Architect himself provided for us.

This has been one post that made me truly happy!!! I'm new to this, 42 years old, and thought I was the only one my age havin' a roll w/ my lady. We like to go out clubbing, sometimes a strip club but mainly having super hot sex for a long time. It's kind of a balance between the right amt. of it because too much and theres no lead in the pencil. We've had some of the most unbelieveable conversations, and I have told her things I couldn't tell anyone about my experiences in the war.

I'm socially introverted and it helps me overcome that. Man, I wish you all were my neighbors!

i think we can all agree that mdma is magical substance, it goes well with almost any situation, whether you like having your head infront of a massive rig going hard to some dnb or wether to relax and chill with loved ones and friends. Personally i cant wait till me and my girlfriend roll and im more of a relaxed home rolling man :) I think its cool that the older ones still enjoy the beauty and can imagine it being more profound with more experience of life behind you.

It seriously is a joy to see older users, or people who have had mdma in their life for 5 years +, still able to enjoy it's magical experience.