• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How do older users like to roll?

I am 40 now and have been rolling since 1992(18 years). I was heavy into the club then rave culture( State Palace in New Orleans was legendary),but around the age of 32 I started to prefer house parties. Now at 40 most of my friends have kids and of course jobs/bills so house parties are more infrequent. Now days me and the wife usually just enjoy jamming some music and enjoy some incredible sex in the privacy of our home.

Same here about heavy into clubbing at the State Palace, I started in 96 though. Im 31 and the wife is 33 now and we still like to party by ourselves a couple times a year when time allows it. A night of heavy sex and closeness feels like a reward at this age. Its been going on between us for 10 years strong now and we will probably do this until we cant anymore.

VincentOnE; said:
It seriously is a joy to see older users, or people who have had mdma in their life for 5 years +, still able to enjoy it's magical experience.

5 years isn't that long tbh.. Not IMO anyways.
But yea I hear what you're saying. Its cool to know that it is possible to actually have the magic long term.

older age and rolling

i always hear people talking down about older people rolling, people in their
40's and 50's. i always hear of how pathetic it is and they need to grow up. also that they are going through their middle aged crisis etc... i disagree because i can see my self rolling at that age(responsibly of course) and i see nothing wrong with it. i would like to roll when im that age because i see nothing wrong with having a good time and doing what you like to do no matter the age. of course if the older person is rolling every weekend with his kids then of course that is horrible(A small town ecstasy- very good documentary).

i can see myself rolling at that age. what about you guys? what do you think about this subject?

I have a feeling that many of the older gens from the hippie era are still using till this day.

I personally dont see drug use as an age issue or something that is even expected for everyone to grow out of. Yes I agree that a lot of people experiment with drugs when they are younger and find that the lifestyle / drugs are simply not for them but not everyone.

To those that say that older users should grow up, get a life etc I say - Who are you to dictate how I enjoy myself or live my life - your happy and thats great, so am I so please dont try and fix what is not broken

My 2 cents = I am 36 and have been rolling for 18 years, I still go out "more so recently", I am lucky enough to not look my age "not that getting old is bad"! I went through a 6 year period where all I did was House Parties. I personnally love the scene, always have and always will. I have noticed that here in the Tampa Bay area, the general crowd is older. But, there are some events I stay away from just for the simple fact that the younger generation automatically thinks all of us older ravers are cops, but, then I brake out my Strings / Sticks / Liquid and automatically I get "wow how do you do that" how did you get so good. My reply is usally "You didnt know COPS have to attend annual glowsticking.com meets and Dance classes :) . I guess to answer the original question is that I enjoy both, going out and rollin @ home. I was an avid user for a long time and as I have gotten older I moderate. At most once a month "If I am lucky". I do find it more spititual now and love a good afterglow to keep things in perspective...

You never grow old, Just grow up!!!!!!!
TEST, TEST, TEST.... So much garbage going around... BE SAFE!!

I am a big music fan and when I was 16 it seemed like there was a wealth of music out there to discover.Then as I went into my late 20`s the music got rarer and rarer as it evolved and i got older. In my 30`s I spent my time getting into bands whom I didnt particularly like in the 70`s just because I wanted music from my own `era`

Then 10 years ago I got into E and once again I had a whole new world of music to get into.

It changed my life completely and made me happy again and gave me something to rreally live for. I had been depressed for years. I fell in love with my partner all over again and our sex life became incredible.

We do E whenver we can get the real thing but in the past 3 years during the drought here in the uk we have got into 4mmc, M1, 6apb, amt, etc etc instead and do drugs every friday and saturday night in life. Most of our friends are now around about 30 years old. We are very popular and it certainly breaks down the age gap. I go to gigs like faithless, underworld, chemical brothers, etc and dance just like the young ones. I even had the crowd form a circle round me at jay z when i went into a dance routine without knowing it on crystal md. Pre E I never danced in my life before!!!

I`m 51 and the missus is 52

:eek:)

I'm 64 and started rolling at age 58. Let me say though that mdma was not my first experience of illegal drugs as I smoked my first cannabis when I was 19 and flipped out on LSD on my 21st birthday.

In many way E has been life-changing for me as the LSD freak out left me with the inability to enjoy cannabis and I had no real interest in the opiates or speed.

I have found E to be profoundly life-affirming in that it has helped me accept certain aspects of my personality I was ashamed of.

These days I roll only with my partner. We roll in the evening and trick out our bedroom with cool lights and candles and stuff.
We usually have a selection of music ready, but I have to admit that techno is the best for rolling.
We always have lots of erection-ess sex and at some stage she will also dildo or fist me. In return I give her at least an hour of head.

We finish by smoking a joint and having another round of mindless sex before falling asleep.

I rolled at Tiesto this weekend with both of my parents, who are 44 (I'm 23). They only do events a couple of times a year. Usually they just stick to rolling at the house.

It comes as no real surprise that many old-timers prefer rolling at home though it was reassuring to read how welcoming some younger posters seem in having wrinklies sharing the X-perience among them. Indeed, if it weren't for such interactions many probably wouldn't have access to goodies in the first place. So much for the generation gap. Seems like a win-win situation despite the illegality. The few times I've rolled with younger folk have been spirtually rewarding and made me feel like less of a curiosity than even talking about MDMA has among old farts my own age. I genuinely appreciated their beats and Steve Hillage / Yes et al found favour where they'd likely be laughed off otherwise. In the end, we'll keep on keeping-on as long as we can.

I enjoy music festivals mostly, or live music, or electronic music if there is no good live music. It has to be a music festival where the partiers are "professional" and look out for one another, if someone falls everyone else helps them out. I also like festival environments where there are different levels of partiers. Beer drinkers, trippers, sober, rollers....I like the mix of people doing whatever they want to do. I feel weird when I am somewhere where EVERYONE is rolling for some reason. (maybe its because I feel old ;) Actually, I dont like the roll to be the focus, its gotta be about the community and the music first, and the roll just helps me stay up late for late nites :) I dont like festivals where people party too hard or people are too young, where there is no consciousness. Smaller events are great. Free to be who you want to be.
I prefer outdoor all nighters under the trees with live music. I adore electronic music too, but live music (jam bands mainly but anything really) is much more engaging for me personally. I love MDMA and bluegrass styles if you can believe that. If you havent tried enjoying a rockin' violin jig/jam while rolling you are missing out ..hahaa its true! There is a great party pocket where the bands rule and the DJs are a nice side treat out there.

I also dont like over doing it, never have. I hate that feeling of being way too rolled. I would rather eat some mushrooms later on on top of the 100-200mg dose of MDMA to achieve a stronger state. I have been rolling on and off for 10 years and I have rarely eaten over 200mg a night. I have done 4 consecutive days of 100mg a night, though. Phew I am getting too old for that at age 39!! If I wait and wait for months, I can pull that off.

I have some other older friends I roll with (and younger, I like all ages) and its not gross, they are having a blast and they dont do it often at all. They just discovered it late in life. you would eat it too if you were given your first dose at age 55!
I didnt eat my first til I was 29. Thank goodness there was no MDMA when I was in high school.....people were meaner back then in this culture but I did steer clear of early retardation. I hit it hard a couple years ago for a bit but since then have really mellowed out. Everyone has a honey moon with it, some of us just dont start until later.

I get more out of my experience if i do it in a large comfortable crowd at a festival, rather than casually at home. Its like this: The festival itself is amazing, and the drug itself is super fun. Put em together and its unreal. I would just rather save it for those special moments where I want to be up til dawn seeing music in an artistic loving atmosphere. When the opportunity is right though, home can be fun too. Its easier to vibe out and achieve bliss IMO when in the festival setting where hundreds are celebrating.

Mind you, I have a wonderful husband of 11 years but he doesnt roll anymore. My first time was his last time. But its my adventure, he doesnt need to be there, its time to connect with my friends and flirt and express myself, so I consider rolling not a couples thing for me. I think even if my hubby did roll I would still prefer the open setting with lots of energies. We have a deep friendship and relationship and get into our own ecstacy bubble with just beer and weed. Would be great fun, but I cant picture him rolling anymore for the life of me! haha

We're in our 60s and have been rolling since the mid 90s... Four or five times a year, half at house parties with 6 or 7 other couples, loud music, dancing, a little mini-rave. The other half of the time at home, one-on-one with each other, doing much the same thing only more intimately.

I understand completely Rebubula's enjoying mixing and mingling in the larger party. It's a great time... if only all the Type-A men who think they are better DJs would just lighten up on who is "in charge" of the music. The whole "getting lost in a dark room" with others on E is absolutely the best. Very loved up memories.

This is a great thread. Makes me remember great times.

These days I roll only with my partner. We roll in the evening and trick out our bedroom with cool lights and candles and stuff.
We usually have a selection of music ready, but I have to admit that techno is the best for rolling.
We always have lots of erection-ess sex and at some stage she will also dildo or fist me. In return I give her at least an hour of head.

We finish by smoking a joint and having another round of mindless sex before falling asleep.

Werid this is what me and the hubby do every time we roll. Cool.. I'm 22 he is 23.

I am 30, rolled and raved when I was in high school a lot, but got back into it a few years ago. During my time not using I still loved electronic music as much as I did when i was 14. So when I moved past a fairly traumatic period in my life and mostly gave up drinking. But still enjoyed going to a club and dancing. So I looked at my old friend molly and not only found what I needed to deal with my personal issues, but also more fun then I ever had getting drunk. So I hit the electro clubs and good raves whenever I can and expect to continue doing so as long as I am physicality able.

I had to read this carefully, because as soon as I saw "older rollers" I thought "Oh no, it's a teenager who thinks something my age (27) is old, lol. I'd say the majority of the time I prefer home, but I do things differently at home as well. I'm more focused on the intimacy. At events, I prefer to take a higher dosage and just have fun with the best attitude.

Its hard for me to focus in on one person when I do it, and I get ADD so bad its just so fun to have a swarm of people around and feeling a different kind of crush on each of em ;) hahaha