• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What's it like to lose the "MAGIC"

Mr Filth

Bluelighter
So I'm wondering what is it like to completely lose the magic?

Can you still take MDMA and feel some sort effect?

And I'm only asking experienced magic losers lol

Well I'm not completely sure that I've lost it but my lost two rolls were no where near as good as my previous ones. I double dropped each time and all I got was what I consider a tickle. Slight change in empathy and visuals but wasn't what I use to experience.

How often would you roll? Every weekend? And for how long?

Have you tried double dropping and re dosing with two more tabs? Does that help?

thats one term i never understood. i abused it for years and still got fucked up each time i did it. sure its not like the first couple times but it never will be even if you take X properly. of course i had kick ass pills those years but still.

I've lost it many times. After a long break, it only takes about two or three months of rolling more than once in each month for me to lose it.

It's not fun. It sucks. You may notice that rolling can actually become disphoric rather than euphoric. It doesn't always go this far, but it can. Basically, you'll still get the usual side effects without the pleasure. You might be fucked up (ie blurry vision, jaw clenching, body sweats, etc), but you won't get the satisfying empathy, love, pleasure and euphoria. It's like that feeling that makes ecstasy so great...the one that keeps you coming back again and again...just disappears and won't come back.

If you let it get too far, your seratonin will be completely shot, so your sleep will probably be effected negatively and you may start to become more introverted rather than extroverted...basically the opposite of what usually happens with mdma. It's really a bleasing in disguise because it makes abusing ecstasy over the long run unlikely. It's not like speed, coke or opiates where you can just keep uping the dose to get high. Eventually, mdma will just give you the side effects with no high.

I wrote a long post on this in another thread, so I won't drag this out, but in a nutshell, you'd do yourself a favor not to let it get that far cause it might make you not want to ever do it again. Why ruin such a wonderful experience? Be honest with yourself...try to stop it before it gets too bad. It doesn't usually happen like "all of the sudden." Different aspects will slowly start to fade until it becomes very obvious that rolling does nothing for you anymore. :-(

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll see if I can find it, but I basically said most of what I did in the other thread except I didn't detail what happened when I had a really bad loss of magic.

Basically, I had just gotten a new job, so had lots of money and had just happened to also get a connect for dank pills after LONG time off. Bad combo. Job sucked, so went on tear. Did around 200 - 300 pills in about 4 months. Life of course became intensely focused on e with not much else going on. In other words, I relyed mostly on e for my happiness and for entertainment and enjoyment.

It finally ended when I went out and dropped 10 of these super bombs I had been eating that tested 100% clean by ecstasydata.org...I was fucked up, but that night was just plain depressing. There was no love, no empathy, no euphoria, etc...on 10 great pills. Don't get me wrong, this was a long time coming, but sometimes you just don't listen to the signs. If it weren't for the ensuing winter months giving me time on the mountain, not sure how I would've recovered from that. Took awhile.

My main point is that if you depend on e or things related to e for happiness and then suddenly that isn't able to make you happy anymore, you're left with nothing. Ordinarily, this wouldn't be so bad, but now e can't make you happy and because your seratonin is shot, you're going to get depressed anyway...it's a double wammy. You're depressed because of taking to much e and now your really depressed cause e won't work anymore.

I'd strongly recommend listening to what your rolls are telling you and not letting it get to that point. But, if you do, have a game plan. Make sure you have other shit going on in your life so that your not left with nothing. When I binge now, I only do it for a couple months cause otherwise my life just doesn't progress outside of it.

Hope that wasn't too long and confusing.

How often would you roll? Every weekend? And for how long?

Have you tried double dropping and re dosing with two more tabs? Does that help?

Well I rolled almost every weekend for 5 months straight plus some during the week on rare occasions.

During the last little binge. I triple dropped the second to last weekend, and it felt bomb. Then double dropped the next weekend, still felt bomb.

Took a month or two break then double dropped some shitty pills. I thought i lost the magic but my homie told me they were bunk. Then double dropped again a month later with what I were told bomb as fuck. I felt it but there was barely any euphoria, only emotional change. I seen some girl at the party I was at and she took one and was on sick one. Then today some kid was talking about how the pills I had were also shitty.

Another factor is I use to roll in a garage with only close friends. These were the first times Iv ever taken them at house partys. I also barely knew anyone there since I just moved here like 3 months ago.

Theres a lot of factors, thats why im just waiting till my next roll which is gonna be the night before halloween and ima buy all the cool rolling things, only good friends are gonna be there and ima make sure i hit up my old reliable connect. If it sucks i might as well give up rollin.

I might start taking 5htp to see if it helps. Like I said if it doesn't work my next roll I'm going to quit. I want that mindset so i don't go back to it. Plus ecstasy is a lot of money which I should be spending wisely.

5-htp has helped me in the past for sure, but don't take it for like 3-4 days before you roll or it could diminish the roll.

So I'm wondering what is it like to completely lose the magic?

Can you still take MDMA and feel some sort effect?

And I'm only asking experienced magic losers lol

i did MDMA daily for a long, long time. I've lost the magic a couple times and have managed to get it back decently with piracetam.

What is it like, though?

You sometimes get eye jitters and feel stimulated. The magic is the empathy and the empathy disappears. Appreciation of music is gone, the sheer love for everything is gone... you still get effects, but not the effects that make MDMA the, well, "magical" chemical it is =)

For me, the teeth grinding even disappeared. Only negative side effect I got form MDMA was the god awful week long suicide fest.

How many days should I take it? And how many of the pills a day?

Ran out, so can't look at the bottle. I think each cap was like 100mgs and it said to take 4 spaced out evenly over the course of the day with food, so I just took 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

Only negative side effect I got form MDMA was the god awful week long suicide fest.

Yea, I gotta second that...when you lose the magic, you still get the suicide fest but without the high that made it worthwhile. It's pretty much a no brainer at the point...time to take a break. ;)

losing the magic feels like youre always waiting to peak. you may be energized and empathetic, but you dont get the walking on air feeling that happens from peak till comedown. if i could think of an analogy, it would be like watching a show you used to watch in HD on a small screen, with low resolution. you get the same general experience, but nothing really wow's you like it used to.

on that note, im taking a break and was wondering if when people could respond to this post they could also respond with what length of breaks work and do not work. :]

good luck to ya, Mr Filth! Listen to your body and moderation is key!

I rolled about 60 times in 1 year. I'm 18 now and was only 16 my first time doing it.
I did it a little bit in the begining and as time went on and I found a hook-up. I was doin it pretty much every other weekend, and alot of the time weekend after weekend. Few times I did it twice in a row too.
Went to alot of raves and I rolled alot of times.

But I know i've lost some of the magic of mdma. Last rave I went to I bought 3 mints for myself. 1 Blue bowling ball , 1 Green "O" and 1 Green = . I took the blue bowling ball first and 15 minutes later took the =. When I was almost peaking I snorted half the other mint I had. I was feeling pretty good but nowhere near as good as my first times.
I later found out the blue bowling ball was MDA, so that could be part of it, like the euphoria.

But after doing it so many times this was gonna be my hardest time rolling ever, more MD(M)A I ever did in one night. And I felt like i've rolled harder off 2 good rolls (and these are the BOMBEST rolls ever..)

i posted this in another thread....

over the 2004 year after high school, i took roughly 120 tabs. Ive tried rolling 2 times in the last 6 years with no success. My wife rolled her ass off those 2 times while i sat on the couch and just felt uncomfortable in my own skin. Tomorrow night will be the first time trying to roll again in like 2 1/2 years. We will see what happens. These are supposedly good rolls according to pillreports and a few friends that have taken them a couple weeks ago.

ill report back and let you know, but honestly i think ive completely lost the magic. This time rolling is more for my wife then myself but im curious as to whether they will work or not. I have plenty of weed, klon, xan, phenazepam and temazepam for the comedown because thats all ive gotten over the last 6 years...all comedown...no roll :-(

we will of course be taking 5-htp 2 hours before we roll and drop them on an empty stomach, hell i may parachute mine.

about a 3rd of those tabs were railed...i dont know if putting that many chemicals up your nose that often had anything to do with it but its a possibility i guess.

XAo doesnt taking 5htp before you roll kill it? its supposed to be done days in advance