• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Would you ask somebody that has never tried MDMA to do it?

Legerity

Bluelight Crew
So here's the situation. I've been dating somebody recently...we've only gotten together a few times. She drinks but told me she hasn't really tried any drugs aside from weed, because the opportunity never came up.

It's quite likely that I'll begin using SSRI for anxiety in a few days so I won't be able to roll until I stop with that. But before I start the SSRI I'd like to have one more roll this weekend, a farewell if you will.

Do you think it's inappropriate to ask somebody else who has never done MDMA to try it out with you? She had said that she hasn't tried drugs because the opportunity never came up, but based on what I know about her she would be interested in it. But I've also had past experiences of introducing people to speed and them abusing it I guess it's different since those people were already heavy drug users...but still.

Anyways, just curious what you guys think. Thanks!

If you're gonig to continue to roll after your SSRIs (I'm on one too :)), then I'd probably sit down and ask if she was interested if you could hook it up. Play it more like an opportunity to get some came up...it'll make it more comfortable for her.

Last edited:
I would never ask someone to do any drug unless they asked me first and they showed the initiative of wanting to try it. Manipulating someone into wanting to do it doesn't count either.

I say this because everyone is different, a straight A student can try a drug and then become addicted to it even if they have never shown any interest towards drugs previously. It's too much of a burden and not my place to be that person trying to get another person to do something just because I do it, in my opinion.

Well it depends on the situation. If you tell her that your going to a specific event and that they do a specific awesome drug called X there, and that you've done it and might do it at that time...then see how she reacts to what you've said. In that case make sure she is aware of what she is doing, and the knowledge acqiured behind the research of that awesome drug.

I already told her that I take pills, it's not an issue. I'm more concerned about the idea of introducing somebody to something that may or may not cause future problems for them. I feel like I'm being selfish by wanting to ask her to try it out before my MDMA hiatus...

I wouldn't want to just get everybody starting to pop pills, it's just that from what I know about her she would be interested and would probably have tried them had the opportunity arose in the past..

I already told her that I take pills, it's not an issue. I'm more concerned about the idea of introducing somebody to something that may or may not cause future problems for them. I feel like I'm being selfish by wanting to ask her to try it out before my MDMA hiatus...

I wouldn't want to just get everybody starting to pop pills, it's just that from what I know about her she would be interested and would probably have tried them had the opportunity arose in the past..

I personally don't see a problem in asking your gf to roll with you for the first time (she can always say no, it's ultimately her decision; you're not forcing her in any way), but I'd agree that it's kind of bad timing. If she falls in love with it and wants to roll regularly, you won't be able to do it with her. And I can imagine she'll have the time of her life and want to do it again, like most of us here.

FYI, many people who go on SSRIs lose the ability to ever roll again. I have a friend on a very mild dose of an SSRI and he can't roll. But I'm sure you're already aware of that...

My lady friend is rolling for the first time ever with me this upcoming wednesday at a show we are going to. I have only done it once before, but I loved it. She used to be terrified of anything beyond weed, but once she realized I am fine and not a junkie for trying it once, it opened up her beautiful eyes. One day she asked if I wanted to roll with her. Needless to say I am beyond stoked :) and if you met this girl, you would never think she has done anything but go to church. That is why I love this girl, she has a wild side :) ps we have been dating for 2.5 years and I have not manipulated her at all. Sometimes I feel like a bad influence though...haha

I would say not now, timing is bad

I think that because you are going on SSRI meds in a few days, that ads a time line, which is a subtle form of pressure. i.e. "If you do not do them with me now, we will have to wait for a long time." This could lead someone to rush a decision and do something they would not normally do because of the pressure. So I would say no, do not ask her for that reason alone. "act now while supplies last!"

Also, I think you need to take the position that drugs are dangerous and that you do not recommend them to people. If people ask you, tell them that you have had friends become addicts and perhaps die (some of mine have) so you DO NOT recommend people take drugs. If she still says she is interested, you may have perhaps done enough, but its a fine line.

I never use with new users because I am old, so the chance to turn someone on to X is just not going to happen to me, but if it did, I would probably refuse to party with that person.

YES I would ask her if she would try it with you. If she says no, that's it, don't push the issue at all. Just let her know, she will love it though. My GF is about as straight as they come and she LOVED ecstasy. She only did it w/ me maybe 3 times total and that was YEARS ago, when our 12 yr old was a baby and we used to still go out to the clubs when g-ma and g-pa would watch him over night LOL.

Admittedly, she even said that would be the only drug she would perhaps do again in the future. She dabbled a little bit in High School w/ stuff, but was never really a druggie. She drinks socially, but that's it....she's just one of those straight edge chicks, but I love her anyway..hehe. Now that she is an RN, it would probably take a little bit of a push for her to do it again, but I have been with her for almost 14 years, so I have the right to be pushy!! This is a new girl your dating, so I wouldn't be pushy at all, just be calm, relaxed and let assure her that you both will have a great time together and she will enjoy the feelings the E gives her.

OH and Superbase.... I was on SSRI's for a bit of time in my life (after my mother passed away) not for too long though and I have NO PROBLEM rolling! I know I know, everyone is different...so I guess it's possible that SSRI's can ruin E for someone, but I would think that after a long enough break from the SSRI's, that E would work again for that person...I could be wrong...I am no doctor that's for sure!!!

I tried to push someone to do it which I really felt bad for afterward. Look just ask and if she says no then let it be at that.

Then if she says yes you can also make sure she only rolls every so often since you said she has never had the opportunity to do it, which I'm amusing its because she has no way of getting it. & in your case you would be the only one who would be able to get it for her.

asking her, and her saying no, is the same thing as not asking at all.

what do you have to lose?

i dont think its wrong to put it out there and see what she thinks. as long as youre not pressuring her or anything. but i think its worth talking to her about probably.

if she really hasn't taken anything before because the opportunity never came up, and she's not just making an excuse, then she's likely to take them at some point anyway. from that perspective, though you personally are putting her at risk, its a risk you'd both probably prefer her to take around someone whos really got her back. the fact that you're really thinking it over shows you do. i'd say the one time only thing with you also lessens her chances of starting to hammer it, which can only be good.

i've introduced about 10 people to mdma for the first time. i have a long talk with them before going into the experience about the benefits and the risks of using mdma, and make sure they clearly understand the point that if you abuse it, it WILL fuck you up. I love getting people to do it for the first time. I'll be introducing another newbie at an upcoming disco biscuits show :)

I'd ask them if they were interested in doing it, rather than asking if they will do it with me. The phrasing really changes the whole feel to it and shouldn't make someone feel pressured to do it with you.

ive convinced a number of my friends who swore to never use ecstasy to try rolling and they all say it changed there life for the better and continue to do it. i think its something everybody should experience

I don't think you should ask her. Unless she shows the initiative herself by asking you, then don't. I'm really wary about introducing anyone to drugs because most people aren't responsible users. You don't want to be the catalyst for this girl becoming a fucking junkie.