• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Men found dead likely died of plant food overdose

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
Police say an NC State student and another man found dead on a fire escape last weekend likely died after overdosing on a plant food commonly known on the street as 'Meow-Meow.'

Ray Ausbon, 21, and Zachary Tigner, 19, were found at the Boylan Apartments at 817 Hillsborough Street Saturday morning.

Raleigh Police spokesperson Jim Sughrue said autopsy results weren't back yet, but the investigation so far points to an overdose of Mephedrone.

It's an amphetamine, which is closely related to an African shrub that people chew for a pick-me-up.

Popular among ravers, Mephedrone's effects are similar to cocaine, meth and ecstasy with symptoms ranging from euphoria and heavy hallucination to more toxic effects.

Officials strongly caution against the inappropriate use of Mephedrone and any other substance which may be harmful to people taking it.

Source:
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7713942

Last week it was phenazepam, this week mephedrone, next week MDPV, then a huge sweeps as far as legislation :(

Mephedrone isn't an amphetamine is it? It's a cathinone?
It's both. Mephedrone is a substituted cathinone. Cathinone is a substituted amphetamine. Amphetamine is a substituted phenethylamine. Mephedrone is a cathinone, an amphetamine, and a phenethylamine, in the same way that I am currently in England, the UK, and Europe.

Police say an NC State student and another man found dead on a fire escape last weekend likely died after overdosing on a plant food commonly known on the street as 'Meow-Meow.'
Why would the police comment? No illegal substance was involved. Surely that is the coroner's job?

Why would the police comment? No illegal substance was involved. Surely that is the coroner's job?

Police investigate death, that's likely what they were doing, or at least were supposed to be doing. We all know cops suck at doing their jobs.

It sounds unusual that they both would have overdosed at the same time, unless they were shooting something. The Meph is probably just a mitigating factor and they mixed with other drugs.

Meph will be blamed, even if not responsible....

It sounds unusual that they both would have overdosed at the same time, unless they were shooting something. The Meph is probably just a mitigating factor and they mixed with other drugs.

That's often the case, but it'll be used as an excuse to crack down on 'plant food'.
In DE, a young guy committed suicide a few years ago, and they found out that he had experimented with Salvia at some time in the past, so one of the top politicians caught wind of it, and decided that he'd make it into a big issue, claiming that his suicide MUST have been caused by Salvia experimentation, and so DE outlawed Salvia.:p

I must say though, I never tried Meph and never seen it either, so I dont know how dangerous it it.

That's often the case, but it'll be used as an excuse to crack down on 'plant food'.
In DE, a young guy committed suicide a few years ago, and they found out that he had experimented with Salvia at some time in the past, so one of the top politicians caught wind of it, and decided that he'd make it into a big issue, claiming that his suicide MUST have been caused by Salvia experimentation, and so DE outlawed Salvia.:p

I must say though, I never tried Meph and never seen it either, so I dont know how dangerous it it.

So true, they did the same thing in England when two teens died doing it. But it turned out they were drinking and something else I have forgotten.

But they banned it on that basis even though it was mixed not used on its own.

So true, they did the same thing in England when two teens died doing it. But it turned out they were drinking and something else I have forgotten.

It was methedone and alcohol. They hadn't even taken methedrone at all.

So now deaths which mephedrone was in no way involved are being chalked up to it? I imagine that it might be scheduled soon.

Dea:

mephedrone is not scheduled under controlled substance act (csa). However, it can be considered an analogue of methcathinone (schedule i substance) under the analogue provision of the csa (title 21 united states code 813). Therefore, law enforcement cases involving mephedrone can be prosecuted under the federal analog act of the csa.

I know that it's technically an analogue, but in practice that doesn't seem to translate to convictions. I think mephedrone might be explicitly named as a controlled substance in the USA soon.

Meph is dirty trash anyway -- in the event of legislation, nothing of value was lost.

they were pissed and took a load of methadone

also ^^ if you sniffed as much meph as i have you would know it was dirty and comes with strange problems of its own such as peeling lips and flaking skin, blue extremities, but most importantly a soul crushing addiction. and bad chest pains and palpitations unlike any from any other stim i have taken.

it is SO addictive its not even funny

so really if its banned its not the worst thing to happen. it was destroying people in the uk in a way mdma never did