• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best Prescription Stimulant

BlindReverend!!

Bluelighter
I used to take adderall by prescription for ADHD. it helped a lot, but the negative side effects were so severe that they forced me to stop taking it. I was up to 20mg, and the anxiety and sweatiness it induced was awful. I am thinking about switching to methylphenidate because I like it, but it's too weak IMO. are there any good stims that are as effective as amphetamine but have less side-effects? any advice would be helpful.

Desoxyn has by far the least side effects of any amphetamine medication. It feels clean and tolerance isn't such a bitch. Once you find the right dose you don't feel the need to keep upping it. I was on it for 2-3 years & never once did I feel the need to up my 45mg/daily dose. The only reason why I switched because once I switched doctors the new one wanted me to go on a sustained release amphetamine medication.

I've never had desoxyn, but I've found vyvanse to be the best in terms of actually helping focus/concentration without recreational effects. I've never used/wanted to use stims for recreational effects, but I always felt some euphoria and jitteryness with adderall or plain d-amp. With no tolerance or anything, I could take 50mg of vyvanse and not notice any other effects but awakeness and concentration boosts.

what about if I'm a minor? that just seems... idk. weird. to ask. a doctor. for meth.

Your under 18? Well, then asking for it would be sort of weird. You may be looked at different in your doctors eye if you do ask for it...maybe like your an addict. So I don't recommend asking.

Only if your older and have been prescribed just about all the different amphetamines medications.

you need to0 present to the doctor your concerns, why you think it would be beneficial in your case, and the positive things it could do to your life. If you are educated about a drug chances are the doctor wont have to many problems trusting you. Don't play dumb.

Personally I Love and find Dexedrine to be the Best ADD medication out there. A few bad things about this is tolerance, and the fact BARR is the only maker right now and let me tell you the binders in the 5mg pills, KILL the stomach to the point its almost making me want to purge at points but its worth it. A better choice Is XR Adderall in the am and the Dexedrine after just to boost you. I am going to call my doctors office tomorrow and set up an apt. I just find that 45mgs of damp, isn't all that stimulating by itself, and doesn't benefit me to much during a long day at school, or doing work. In order for a focus to happen I need a little bit of a stimulation that Dexedrine doesn't ALWAYS provide even when I take higher doses towards 70mgs-60mgs. Its just the levo amp in Adderall that helps with the wake me up so I don't fall asleep through this lecture. Not to say Dexedrine doesn't stimulate it certainly does, but not always to my liking. I know my doctor will be willing to help.

Your under 18? Well, then asking for it would be sort of weird. You may be looked at different in your doctors eye if you do ask for it...maybe like your an addict. So I don't recommend asking.

Only if your older and have been prescribed just about all the different amphetamines medications.

figured. guess ill just ask for some vyvanse or dexedrine.

If you've been seeing the same Dr for awhile, it's usually no problem to ask to try a different med than the one your currently taking. It's when people walk into a Dr's for the first time an start asking for partular med that they'll get labeled a drug seeker. If you don't have a Dr now, start with a new one, they almost always have a preference as to which add meds they like to perscribe.
It's best to try what the Dr suggests before asking for something else. I think you mentioned being on adderall in the past, could you go back to that Dr and explain the side effects that bother you. Being a minor may limit what the Dr is allowed to perscribe without a parent or guardian. IDK really.

you need to0 present to the doctor your concerns, why you think it would be beneficial in your case, and the positive things it could do to your life. If you are educated about a drug chances are the doctor wont have to many problems trusting you. Don't play dumb.

Personally I Love and find Dexedrine to be the Best ADD medication out there. A few bad things about this is tolerance, and the fact BARR is the only maker right now and let me tell you the binders in the 5mg pills, KILL the stomach to the point its almost making me want to purge at points but its worth it. A better choice Is XR Adderall in the am and the Dexedrine after just to boost you. I am going to call my doctors office tomorrow and set up an apt. I just find that 45mgs of damp, isn't all that stimulating by itself, and doesn't benefit me to much during a long day at school, or doing work. In order for a focus to happen I need a little bit of a stimulation that Dexedrine doesn't ALWAYS provide even when I take higher doses towards 70mgs-60mgs. Its just the levo amp in Adderall that helps with the wake me up so I don't fall asleep through this lecture. Not to say Dexedrine doesn't stimulate it certainly does, but not always to my liking. I know my doctor will be willing to help.

Adderall XR makes me feel like death. and it lasts too long. I just feel so out of it.

Good point, IME Drs have been more willing to try different meds when it was apparent I had spent some time researching it. Being an educated patient isn't typcally frowned on, unlike when someone brings something they printed off the net to a Dr, usually no matter what their intentions, the majority get pissed at the attempt to educate them. Never done it, but from those that have, it didn't go over so well.

Good point, IME Drs have been more willing to try different meds when it was apparent I had spent some time researching it. Being an educated patient isn't typcally frowned on, unlike when someone brings something they printed off the net to a Dr, usually no matter what their intentions, the majority get pissed at the attempt to educate them. Never done it, but from those that have, it didn't go over so well.
thats a shitty doctor then. I found a doctor that listens and takes my advice. I know what my body wants and doesn't want.

you need to say exact symptoms your getting from the adderall. keep a log until you go see your doc. most docs dont mind prescribing meds a patient thinks will help.

thats a shitty doctor then. I found a doctor that listens and takes my advice. I know what my body wants and doesn't want.

you need to say exact symptoms your getting from the adderall. keep a log until you go see your doc. most docs dont mind prescribing meds a patient thinks will help.

Yeah I agree, most drs do listen to patients that are informed and don't go in dumb. The Drs getting angry thing was pretty much just a comparision. It seems to happen with sub patients that try to convince their Dr that benzos are ok with sub because they print out some threads from a forum. I'd drop a Dr that got pissed if I had some information I thought was relevant to what/how a particular med was effecting my body. An example, I printed out the Ahston Manual for benzo wd, one Dr was keen to realise the severity of Benzo wd, another Dr called it witchcraft when he saw the part about water titration to lower doses. Fuck any Dr thats not willing to listen.

Ditto what the previous posters said about being open and honest with your doctor. There are several options out there, most of which have been mentioned, besides Adderall. There are also 2 different types of Adderall, XR & IR.

I started out on the IR. I had really really irritating side effects including incessent sweating for no reason, flushing bright scarlet red, a coughing tic that got old REALLY fast, and super-ultra-irritability and anxiety when it was wearing off.

My psych then put me on Concerta (which gave me ridiculous anxiety and panic attacks), then we tried Vyvanase (which didn't seem to do a damn thing to help me focus), and finally we went back to Adderall except XR this time.

I found XR to be great, if you are on the IR and haven't tried it. I had none of the awful side effects the IR gave me.

Part of me suspects that this might because i am FORCED to get Brand-Name Adderall XR because my insurance company oddly doesn't believe that generic XR exists and hence doesn't cover it. The IR I was taking were the generic pink ones (corepharma maybe? barr? I forget who manufactured them, it was some time ago) that everyone bitches about sucking.

I hate to jump on bandwagons, but whether it was just the IR, or the fillers in the generics, they made me feel like hell. Once I switched to brand name XR practically all my side effects disappeared. If you are taking generic IR you might want to look into the XR or "Dispense as Written" 'scripts, if worse comes to worse.

Last edited:
there is no way anyone will get prescribed desxoyn unless that weigh 350lb's and have adhd

your best bet is dexedrine

there is no way anyone will get prescribed desxoyn unless that weigh 350lb's and have adhd

your best bet is dexedrine
No the real way is having tried all other meds and failed with most. I' m always looking for help when I see my doc not to get high or whats a better comedown. Its what you think your body will respond to best.