• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

depressed after first time crack use

Jaimes

Greenlighter
Hey guys, Id never used any drugs besides some occasional weed and then 2 weeks ago someone offered & i tried some crack. It gave me the most awesome relaxed socially connected high feeling - which then turned into a craving to have more and more all night. Anyway, I guess - after the initial comedown I ve continued to feel real shitty for over 2 weeks now - so much that I just had to use some more this last weekend.
I still feel like fatigued, depressed, not clear in my thoughts...
It feels so bad I really hope I never use this stuff again.

Is this pretty usual for crack?? how long will it take for me to feel normal again?

And I was thinking of using dxm or E - do they all make you feel this bad for weeks??

I have heard many other people feeling like this and so that is why a lot of people recommend not trying crack. Others are more lucky like me - - I smoked crack for my first time 3 or 4 years ago and loved the fantastic high and now smoke it 2 or 3 times a month but I do not feel depressed at all. I feel OK the next day. Yes, I do have the cravings to get fucked up on the stuff but I am not depressed. I think it is because I have so many other things in my life and am naturally an up person that I am OK.

I would suggest getting activities in your life that you enjoy and focus on how to be happy without crack. Perhaps the more you can focus on lots of other things the sooner you may feel un-depressed and un-fatigued.

I heard E does not make you feel bad afterwards but that is only hear-say, not from personal experience. Let's see how some other BLers reply.

Ecstacy can make you depressed for a while after using it, because it kinda depletes you of serotonin.

I would suggest getting activities in your life that you enjoy and focus on how to be happy without crack. Perhaps the more you can focus on lots of other things the sooner you may feel un-depressed and un-fatigued.

Thats a good idea. I just dont have any motivation or energy to do anything. I should try to work out or something!

Hey Jaimes - - are you in school or working? have any hobbies at all? One thing I often do is take long walks (like 5-6 miles) at various parks around where I live and walk really fast to get some exercise. It seems the time I want crack the most is when I have too much free time on my hands. Good luck, man.

@ school with some work. Its been difficult to function.

I dont have cocaine cravings as such. It was bad initially when i would have strange vivid memories of that strange crack taste, or the sensation of inhaling the smoke - & then would feel nervous, heart beating.

Now its more like - im just lying on the couch when im home, feeling pointless and kind a sad, dont feel any responsibility abt getting things done - & im not normally like this.

I think I must somehow get out and walk.. or run!

After 3 hrs of thinking abt it - just forced myself out for a 30 min walk and I feel MUCH better - at least for now! Must do it everyday.

to answer your other question, dxm can make you feel sluggish the day after but just because of the tax on your body and it being a dissociative. not because of a comedown or aftermath of intense euphoria.

as far as e goes... I used daily for a few months and felt kinda fucked up from that but as far as doing it once the day after wasn't ever that bad for me. granted I'd be up all night so I would sleep in. its not like the depression from crack cause the euphoria from e lasts longer and you come down gradually instead of within 30 seconds. just don't go overboard. IMO dxm and e are way less stressful and depressing than crack.

dxm or e could even be therapeutic in your situation. they can have that effect on some people...

Last edited:
to answer your other question, dxm can make you feel sluggish the day after but just because of the tax on your body and it being a dissociative. not because of a comedown or aftermath of intense euphoria.

IMO dxm and e are way less stressful and depressing than crack.

This is true.

Such a rapid comedown is very miserable, and this is why crack can be so addictive. Really nice ring to the high, but, it just won't last.

Jaimes -good! Stay active, take more and longer walks - - - and stay totally away from crack - it sound like you and crack are not a good match. There is a long exciting life out there to be lived and you do not want to ruin it.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone.

I do think cracks a horrid fit for me. Maybe I have some predisposition to get depressed on it.

I should stay away from everything I think till I feel normal. - But even after two and a half weeks after the first use, I was feeling so miserable this last weekend that I tried some crack again. It didnt give me that much of a high this second time & I used smaller quantity. - In anycase, if I continue to feel real miserable, I might try dxm to see if it helps.

Does dxm make your thinking sluggish? How long after dxm can I expect to get back to normal thinking, so I can work on assignments etc.?

Last edited:
I just read that they iv ketamine is being used as treatment for depression..
I guess dxm can work the same?

ketamine and dxm are similar in some effects, but not similar in mechanism. there was a thread a while ago explaining the specific mechanism that k has that makes it effective at treating depression, I never actually read it though because I have never been interested in doing ketamine nor could I ever find a good hookup for it anyway.

its been a while. but i remember i did use dxm and it really helped, just kind a re-set my brain or something. I got the drugged up dxm high and then deep sleep, a little tired the next day but had a good afterglow and the depression went away.

If you're having this problem with crack, I'd be worried about taking MDMA. MDMA is particularly prone to depression in the following days/ weeks.

I'd say some depression is normal after crack but not quite what you described... One thing that troubles me about your post is that you said you just had to get some to feel good. This is troubling because crack is certainly not a medicine that you use to remedy a situation.