• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe withdrawal

severin

Greenlighter
hi everyone.
i have a very simple question for those experienced with bupes.im on a 8mg daily dosage for my h habit,well thing is i took more than what i should and now im short on my subutex,ill have to wait 2days without taking until next dose.will i suffer from withdrawal,or could i just easy the effects by spliting my last 1 subutex pill so it would take me thru this days,any advice someone please?
thanx in advance

you should definitely split your last one over two days. if you're on an 8mg dose, im almost positive you will feel withdrawals if you go without it for 2 days.

yes, split it up, bupe wd is terrible for me. im starting to believe it's actually the dealkylated metabolite, norbupe or acetorphine, that plays the bigger role in both effects and withdrawal. you may also notice that lower doses of bupe actually are better. plenty of people agree that there are more side effects without any benefit after a certain dose, mine is about 2mg.

good luck buddy, glad youre trying to get better!

Bupe has a fairly decent half life.. early on in my addiction period, I stopped taking it and didnt feel withdrawals.. the next day... or the day after... and i thought i was clean. I was like, hell yeah.

Nup. Day 3 and WD's hit so I got back on the horse so to speak.

Anyway - def split. You *should* be fine.... And dont let your mind talk you into taking any more than you need.. risking WD's isnt worth it IMO

I make an 8mg sub last 2 to 2 and half weeks. granted I was only taking 30-40mgs of oxy a day.
But i feel better all day than i ever did when on the oxys.

90 percent of opiate addicts take way too much sub anyways.

u should definatly split it heck split it 3 ways and see where it gets you.

plus if u snort it you will get more out of it.

i guarantee that half to 1/3rd ur dose will hold you

bupe withdrawal

thanx for you guys and your precious advice.even though they dive.and so my thoughts on what to do,in one hand i do feel i shoul split the dose this would take me thru the 3 days ive left till my next refill,but in other hand ,and to be completely honest with you i m thinking on taking the whole pill tomorrow and then just saty off bupe for 2 days(hoping i can manage that)and so lower my tolerance(not sure its the right word here) so i could get some kind of buzz on my next take.i know this is wrong but whats your opinion,am i being an idiot,since im taking those to saty off h and now wanting a buzz,which i never got off bupe.pleaseenlight this troubledmind.

ps.must add i was also prescribed valium along with zoloft and risperidone.i try not to abuse on valium as i know is dangerous but i do take at least 30mg as prescribed a day.i feel ever more prisioner of them drugs when i only wanted to find a way to stabilize my mind ans just learn how to stay sober.
thanx everyone,you are pure gold on support

Ive been clean for 9 months now and if i had to go through withdrawals again i dont know what id do.. I HATE WD's

So in that case - no.. I'd split. You can lower your tolerance without not taking them although it will reduce quicker if you abstain for a few days.

I used to take alot of bupe, but now finding many reports saying less is more... I'd try that out especially with jamesbrown saying he makes a sub (? 2 subs??) last 2 weeks. thats crazy good..
I FEEL GOOD HEEEHHH

hi everyone.
i have a very simple question for those experienced with bupes.im on a 8mg daily dosage for my h habit,well thing is i took more than what i should and now im short on my subutex,ill have to wait 2days without taking until next dose.will i suffer from withdrawal,or could i just easy the effects by spliting my last 1 subutex pill so it would take me thru this days,any advice someone please?
thanx in advance

split the dose you would be fine jumping to 2mg from 8.... even if you missed two doses you probably wouldn't go into withdrawal...

sube withdrawal

thanx spekneck,in fact i was just reading a post about that thing of less being more so let me ask you how many doses do you get from a 8mg pill,and are the effects that great as you mention,u see that was my idea in the first hand i was only fearing hard w/d.thanks.be well

well I wasnt actually on maintenance. I only ever bought suboxone when i couldnt afford H which was every other week..

Usually I would just sub lingual 1/4 - 1/2 of an 8mg sub. I'm not the best person to ask about general every dosages, I would just do it do get me through til i could buy more smack, but one pill would easily last me 2 days (1 half each day)

You have 3 days and 1 sub correct? Take 4mg one day and then 2mg and 2mg. You should make it through fine, maybe a little uncomfortable but not like if you took 8mg then nothing and nothing.

ok,i guess it s wise,ill go for that one,4mg one day and 2 on the nexxt 2 days,in this way i guess ill be lowering my tolerance and minimizing the suffering of w/d,no?

different for everyone.. depends on weight, metabolism. I just know I'd pretty much be okay...

im quite skinny and i guess i have a fast metabolism,once i was off sube cause i wanted to score some h,which i did and in kind of 24 hour period i coul feel some of thr h effect ,in 35-40hours i could feelthe whole effect of the full antagonist..

yeah okay. well if it were me and i was desperate i'd be getting some heroin. Never good to take a step back, but see how you go...

What a prison opiates are.

The only way to make a sub euphoric is to take enough to cover most of ur receptors.

the metabolite norbuprenephrin however u spell it is a full agonist and will get you high.

the metabolite cant bind to ur receptors if all of ur receptors are clogged with bupe because the bupe has a higher affinity than the metabolite.

ANd it was me that makes a sub last 2 weeks.

tbh im ripped right now off of like .4mg's about as high as doing 40mgs of oc which would be a normal amount for me if i was doing it.

this buzz compared money wise is way better. it cost 75 cents to get this high compared to 30bucks.

ok after all was said im gonna try 4mg today and then 2mg on the next two days see what happens.i know bupes have a long half life so i should be ok,thanx all of you
ps:its the intranasal ROA better or is it just a mith?do i get more that way than if sublingualy?thanx stay safe

Last edited:
Snorting is around 60% , sublingual is around 30% , so yes. I can make 1 suboxone last months by injecting it or snorting it , so making one last 3 days should be no problem.

but tell me is it a normal snort,as if coke,i mean real hard push straight to the back or just a slow inhale?sorry if it sounds silly what i ask