• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

I'm hearing parts of songs in my head constantly...

McDreads

Greenlighter
Sometimes I also hear random noises and conversations in my head as well. Someone in another thread mentioned that these were attributed with brain zaps, which I had about a month ago. Does anyone know what this is and how long it takes to go away? Thanks, very much appreciate it!

edit: Oh, and something else I had were these weird 'realizations' (about the universe, world, humanity, etc) which has gone away by now. Just mentioning it if it helps identify the problem.

I have a mental jukebox and I fucking love it. I've had it since before I rolled though...

It's not a problem McDreads, it's you adjusting to listening to your brain and the subtle guidance it gives you. Your brain is a powerful tool that you can learn to listen to and guide it in helping you, or it will just continue to play about like a child with no guidance.

Sometimes I also hear random noises and conversations in my head as well. Someone in another thread mentioned that these were attributed with brain zaps, which I had about a month ago. Does anyone know what this is and how long it takes to go away? Thanks, very much appreciate it!

edit: Oh, and something else I had were these weird 'realizations' (about the universe, world, humanity, etc) which has gone away by now. Just mentioning it if it helps identify the problem.

This is a problem an don't listen to anyone who tels you it isn't. Hearing songs in your head may be OK but random noises and voices are not. It is a sign that you are taking MDMA way too often and need a long break.

After my period of abuse, this was one of the things that stuck around the longest. everyone is different but it took more than a year for them to totaly subside with me. sometimes the noises were so loud and voices so clear that I could sware that everyone could hear them...It blows! but it will go away with time.

Yeah, I've had one all my life too. I like it a lot. Sometimes it switches to lyrics/poetry, and I'm all right with that as well. I view it as a positive feature, not a hindrance.

I used to use a little dictation machine (mini-tape recorder), but now I use my phone to record the music I'm hearing, then transfer it to my computer to build the parts into songs.

This is nothing like a mental jukebox...
I had it one time when i smoked a lot of JWH.
It was very loud and for about 15 hours i could hear random sounds and people saying words randomly and parts of songs. As if it was things i've heard at some point in my life and my brain stored them and im now randomly hearing parts of them.

It would be like a random girl saying "yellow. seven. thirteen" etc. (very loud, like literally hearing, not just like 'hearing' your thoughts). Then i would randomly hear my mom yell my name in my head. then id hear like 5 seconds of a song, then hear sirens go off. It was all just totally random words or sounds. It didnt seem like something that would be anywhere near healthy..

I would always hear someone calling my name...pain in the ass looking around for someone calling you that doesn't really exist

After my period of abuse, this was one of the things that stuck around the longest. everyone is different but it took more than a year for them to totaly subside with me. sometimes the noises were so loud and voices so clear that I could sware that everyone could hear them...It blows! but it will go away with time.
Thanks, although my case doesn't to be so severe in comparison to yours, it is good to know that it will eventually go away. I'm just learning of how ecstasy can really mess with your brain, I just wish I'd have known sooner. I'm going to be taking a looong break from ecstasy after experiencing the dark after effects.

It would be like a random girl saying "yellow. seven. thirteen" etc. (very loud, like literally hearing, not just like 'hearing' your thoughts). Then i would randomly hear my mom yell my name in my head. then id hear like 5 seconds of a song, then hear sirens go off. It was all just totally random words or sounds. It didnt seem like something that would be anywhere near healthy..
Yes! I know exactly what you mean. In my case, it doesn't really happen if i preoccupy myself with an activity or keep my mind on something. It tends to happen when i'm going to sleep when my mind has nothing else to do. Two nights ago, I was deprived of sleep and got it pretty bad; I started hearing people vomiting really loudly in my head along with other random stuff, definitely not a fun experience as it made it harder to fall asleep.

Another example is when I was surfing and chilling in the water a few days ago, the word "postulate" popped into my head and kept repeating itself for a while. I don't even know wtf a postulate is.

How did your 'noises' turn out? Did they subside?

Thanks, although my case doesn't to be so severe in comparison to yours, it is good to know that it will eventually go away. I'm just learning of how ecstasy can really mess with your brain, I just wish I'd have known sooner. I'm going to be taking a looong break from ecstasy after experiencing the dark after effects.

Yes! I know exactly what you mean. In my case, it doesn't really happen if i preoccupy myself with an activity or keep my mind on something. It tends to happen when i'm going to sleep when my mind has nothing else to do. Two nights ago, I was deprived of sleep and got it pretty bad; I started hearing people vomiting really loudly in my head along with other random stuff, definitely not a fun experience as it made it harder to fall asleep.

Another example is when I was surfing and chilling in the water a few days ago, the word "postulate" popped into my head and kept repeating itself for a while. I don't even know wtf a postulate is.

My noises lasted for about 15 hours and that was it. It's not the same as yours, like, lasting for days, but it did sound similar if not exactly what you're going through.

I'm glad i read about someone else who had this happen. I don't think it's similar to brain zaps as nothing hurt and i didnt get any 'rush' or weird feelings like most people with brain zaps say.

I think postulate means to assume that something is true..? something of the sort. haha

I abused for a good long time and I never used resposibly at all...never took a break ate multiple pills sometimes 2 or 3 days a week, mixing MDMA with many other drugs..ect. It took a long time to recover from it. but they do go away and you are not going crazy.

Most of the time I would hear the noises while trying to sleep too. sometimes during the day but mostly when trying to sleep.

This is a problem an don't listen to anyone who tels you it isn't. Hearing songs in your head may be OK but random noises and voices are not. It is a sign that you are taking MDMA way too often and need a long break.

Yeah, about the voices, those aren't cool...or the noises. I was just commenting that alot of people play music and full songs in their head. Assuming it goes away, you should be fine, but I'd take a long break from drugs. Didn't have time to read all of that one, my bad.

i hear music in my head all the time... usually riffs from electro... i havent rolled for 5 months and i still hear it...

I used to use a little dictation machine (mini-tape recorder), but now I use my phone to record the music I'm hearing, then transfer it to my computer to build the parts into songs.

Umm how? Do you have an audio-output located on your cranium? AUX-OUT

whats a 'brain zap'??
It happens sometimes if you discontinue an SSRI or SNRI or if you go on an ecstasy binge. Its like these electrical shocks that originate in your brain and travel throughout your body for about a week that get less intense and less frequent as time passes. Definitely not a fun thing

i didnt know hearing voices in your head was a side affect of ecstasy. do you actually hear them or are you just hearing yourself think? i hear myself think sometimes. or i think about what im thinking about and its kinda stupid lol.

although onetime i did a bunch of nitrous and i heard clicking sounds and bongos doing a beat and the sound of like what tv shoes would use as a ufo sound.

but if your hearing voices thats a sign of schizophrenia, im not saying you have it theres probably a million other causes but that is one.

and that postulate thing is funny as hell lol!

oh and btw did you do acid to get these insights/realizations about the universe/humanity etc? or just mdma?

I feel really bad for those of you having this problem. It makes me really glad I don't hear stuff in my head, because I have enough problems as it is. If I DO happen to get a snip of a song stuck in my head, I go for the iPod and listen to something real to make the imaginary song go away.