Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Do devil movies scare the shit out of you?

I think the original exorcist is legitimately scary. I've watched it so many times that its pretty funny now. Everyone is drinking and smoking cause its the 70s. Awesome.

The sequel is a good candidate for the worst movie of all time. The heretic or whatever tts called.

occult studies, witchcraft, and satanism have always interested me.

Rosemary's Baby is by Polanski is the best by far. the gentleman who plays Satan in that short satanic sex-scene was also the world's leading black magician, at that time. I forget his name and I don't think I can find it on the internet, just found out this gem in a old book I just picked up on the subject.

also, you might want to check out the newer House of the Devil. it is very 1970s and very Polanski-like, and it also deals with the occult

generally speaking, there are not many movies i find scary but those dealing with diabolical possession are about the scariest movies to me. the obvious one which comes to mind is the exorcist with the omen series up there too.

i also find old school devil movies pretty scary at times e.g. the devil rides out but i suspect that's more a function of the fact that i first saw them when i was much younger. i should track this one down and watch it again to see if it has the same impact.

alasdair

I believe in the devil ....and I love these sort of movies because they are the only ones that really affect me after I've seen em (and I love all sorts of disturbing movies!)

Speaking of which, stilll haven't watched my digitally remastered DVD of the Exorcist...YET although I've seen the movie many times and have read the book.

The Exorcist, Omen, Possession, Rosemary's Baby, Mausoleum (B movie at its finest!) These scared the hell out of me when I was younger but I really enjoyed myself.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose wasn't that scary, TBH.

I dont believe in the devil or demons and generally dont find movies dealing with such subject matter to be scary. But there was something really creepy about Paranormal Activity. I think it might be the documentary style in which it was done, which might make The Last Exorcism pretty good. I'm a little put off by the PG-13 rating though. And I'm not holding high hopes for the new M Night Shamalamadan film either. Not again.

Rosemarys Baby was scary. Something about those 60's & 70's scary movies that the new movies cant capture.

Some devil movies are rich and interesting. A few are kind of scary. Sturgeon's law applies fairly well to the genre overall. Last one I saw was a so-so movie and not really scary. It was Crazy as Hell

I dont believe in the devil or demons and generally dont find movies dealing with such subject matter to be scary. But there was something really creepy about Paranormal Activity.
same here. woot, someone else who thought PA was creepy lol

speaking of exorcisms, i came across this national geographic video tonight:

A Philippine mother believes her young son is possessed, and seeks an exorcism. linkity link

Not bothered about devil/demon movies - & saw The Exorcist too later to really get scared by it, watching it only recently, but having seen a million or two clips, spoofs, gags, &c whilst growing up.

I'm a massive skeptic when it comes to the paranormal but ghost movies freak the ever living fuck out of me. :)

movies shouldnt scare you,

its all logical, theres a reason why they call it fiction

also all relgion is based of early unexplained drug trips

they ahve a good trip they see god, they have a bad trip they see the devi

Well, not really. I mean, I found The Exorcist and The Omen to be quite good n' scary, but because they were very well made, not because they were about the devil. In fact, I think Hollywood has tended to assume that devil-related stuff is much scarier than it actually is (see: Omen 3 and The Devil's Rain)

I saw Drag Me To Hell last night, it was pretty good, I'm not sure if that counts as a devil movie. In any event, it did not scare me, as I don't belive in that stuff. However, it makes for a good story.

Drag Me to Hell was a very solid horror flick that didn't get quite as much respect as it should have. the seance scene was very disturbing, and it was nice to see the Apple guy get tormented by demons, much like he has tormented our pop-culture psyche.

gotta love Saim Raimi and horror