Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Do devil movies scare the shit out of you?

movies shouldnt scare you,

its all logical, theres a reason why they call it fiction

So? Horror films should absolutely scare you, that's the point. It's like watching a comedy & not laughing or a drama & not being caught up in the events & characters.

The fact it's fictional is irrelevant. It's art. It's entertainment. Suspension of disbelief.

also all relgion is based of early unexplained drug trips

they ahve a good trip they see god, they have a bad trip they see the devi

That's foolishly simplistic. & quite clearly wrong. & no I don't believe in gods.

Last edited:
I can't believe no one has mentioned Angel Heart yet, now that's a great devil movie. It doesn't really have the shock of the modern scare films but it was way ahead of it's time in narrative and psychological horror. This film and Rosemary's Baby represent the best in devilish cinema to date. However I don't think there has been a really great Satan movie yet. He is supposed to be the most beautiful, the divine temptor, and I don't see any of these movies delving into just how deep of an evil being satan is supposted to be.

I cannot watch scary movies. I can't stand it. I'm very near the edge of my sanity most of the time anyway. The last time I watched a scary movie I felt like I had been electrocuted, and that was 35 years ago or so, when the Exorcist first came out. I've never watched any type of suspense movie even. If I did go see a really scary movie now, I'm pretty sure I'd end up babbling senselessly for the rest of my days.

i find most devil movies to be too overbearing with teh EVIL. he/she is EVIL, his/her EYES GLOW, HORRIFYING THINGS WILL HAPPEN FOR TWO MORE HOURS!

i much prefer the classical devil who is more about luring people with sinister temptations instead of outright commandeering the bodies of good little children for the purposes of acting like an uncontrolled contortionist all the while being just lucid enough to procure a knife or hatchet or hook or cleaver to horribly butcher people with.

No, for the Devil is a concept to blatantly fabricated by man for my mind to entertain.

generally speaking, there are not many movies i find scary but those dealing with diabolical possession are about the scariest movies to me. alasdair

^ This.
I dont believe in the Devil but seeing someone's personality or will being dramatically thwarted or 'controlled' by something else...be it Mental Illness, Malignant Social Influence or ANYTHING; does give me the 'Willies'. The Exorcist is the only movie I couldnt watch, for years, without shuddering to. I kept watching it repeatedly until I developed a 'Tolerance' for it. There is a really good German, Film called Requiem(not Horror) but based losely on a RL ''Posession'' victim, however it stays away from the Voodoo and focus' more on the Human condition and it's problems.

Last edited:
No devil movies do NOT scare the shit out of me because I never, ever, I do mean never, watch devil movies.

I've been overly sensitive to devil movies since I was a little girl. I have never seen any gory or suspenseful or devil movies. I never will.

Depends on which devils you speak of.
Out of any ol typical movie no but if you had watched the hell raiser series
then well its more than interesting :)

^love the Hell Raiser movies but dont find them scary in the least!

6a00d83451e17769e2010537228397970b-800wi

Demonic movies such the exorcist is fucking weird scary . One movie that scared the fuckkkk out of me is the skeleton key, I don't know why but I was not able to watch another scary movie for a good 4 months

horror movies don't scare me ever, especially not the devil ones, because i no possesion is just mental illness, and that isn't scary in that way:p

when i watch horror movies i watch it for the gore

well yes, but the monsters " quote " in these movies are more than interesting

Oh definitely Skyie! Pin-Head and friends are FABULOUS!=D;)

horror movies don't scare me ever, especially not the devil ones, because i no possesion is just mental illness, and that isn't scary in that way:p

No, severe Mental illness is far worse, the stuff of nightmares! :(