(answered) I don't see why "sourcing" of legal substances isn't allowed.

VincentOnE

Bluelighter
I understand that sourcing of drugs, even RC drugs is bad, but how does sourcing of legal chemicals, in which are used for the sake of Harm reduction (this sites purpose) illegal on the forums?

I can even generally see a situation, in which person A wanted to buy some 5HTP and some magnesium for some health control post E, and person B could help person A by saying go to the GNC, Walmart, but it'd be cheaper on this website, but person B's post gets deleted so person A see's that the product is either not easy to find, or too expensive, and ends up not buying it.

Or the same case with sourcing when it pertains to the use of even tylonel I've found deleted.

I'm not dodging the sites rules, as I know they're all here for a purpose, I'm just curious of this one, when it could potentially help harm reduction with certain legal supplements.

Because bluelight isn't a site to help people get drugs whether they're legal or illegal. Simple as that.

And you never know what's legal or illegal in other jurisdictions. For example Salvia and Piperazines are legal in Ontario, Canada (And I know where to legally buy both in the city) but how does BL know that this info won't be used by someone in the states to break US law?

^ salva isn't the same as something like 5-HTP. Surely if something has a recognized use for harm reduction purposes, like 5-HTP then BL could give a little leeway? They used to (when did they stop allowing this?).

If someone, like a kid, sees on this site that they can get drugs from a certain place and they go there and get caught, then their parents ask where they found out how to get it, then they say "this site called bluelight" the parents might over react and try to get the site shut down. This is all hypothetical of course.. Its a legal thing man.

Like they would be able to! I'm sure many people want the site shut down but the are unable to do so since the site is

Because it's only A harm reduction forum. Not a drug buying forum..

Because it's easier to say no sourcing of any kind, at all, ever.

I could also see people sourcing out for legal things, even non drug related, like glowsticks and linking to a site with illegal material that would get BL in trouble. It's just safer to say none, ever, not at all, than to filter through what looks okay and what might not be.

Because it's easier to say no sourcing of any kind, at all, ever.
Yes! No one wants a misunderstanding, like the scenario in an above post, to get Bluelight in undeserved trouble. Remember, this is a public forum, and an uneducated person could easily skim some posts and notice sourcing activity.

My advice, when trying to find health supplements that your local stores don't carry, is to use Google, and as many review/rating websites as possible to read customer reviews before you do business with the company. And, of course, make sure the supplement is legal in your country before ordering, so it actually gets to you.

I don't actually know for sure, but I'm guessing that the tylenol post that got deleted was about tylenol 1,2,3, 4, or 5, all of which contain codeine, which is illegal in some states/countries. But I doubt it's against BL rules to post about getting legal and non-recreational drugs or chemicals such as 5-htp or acetaminophen/paracetamol or anything like that. But mods, can you clear this up for us?

I think they should make an exception for very specific things like 5-HTP (as they apparently do) since if these are the only exception then it's not like they mods would have to deal with countless dodgy sources.

What about multivitamins in general?

What about online horticultural stores that sell hydroponic and general gardening equipment (that some people might or might not use to grow cannabis)? Is this allowed, since it's legal everywhere I believe?

Obviously BL is not a democracy (it's more like a dictatorship and I don't mean that in a bad way) so at the end of the day they can and will do whatever the fuck the admin/mods decide to do in the end. Usually their choices are for the greater good, although they do make mistakes as they are not completely infallable.

I think they should make an exception for very specific things like 5-HTP (as they apparently do) since if these are the only exception then it's not like they mods would have to deal with countless dodgy sources.

What about multivitamins in general?

What about online horticultural stores that sell hydroponic and general gardening equipment (that some people might or might not use to grow cannabis)? Is this allowed, since it's legal everywhere I believe?

Obviously BL is not a democracy (it's more like a dictatorship and I don't mean that in a bad way) so at the end of the day they can and will do whatever the fuck the admin/mods decide to do in the end. Usually their choices are for the greater good, although they do make mistakes as they are not completely infallable.

I think things like multivitamins and 5HTP should be allright, but then again you don't really need to BL to be able to find those things, A simple Google search will show you that you can buy Piracetam through Amazon!

I don't know about gardening equipment, I think that's kind of stuff is a little more risky. I don't think a single BL user would actually be using that kind of equipment for gardening.

To answer the OP's question: A 'blanket' policy is easier to implement for the mods and it's the most viable solution to give the site legitimacy.

Its easier to blanket ban all sourcing - this saves us all the headache of trying to figure out whats legal where.

Normally if the substance your looking for is available over the counter, supermarket/healthstore etc and not used as a 'drug' (or to make / grow them) then the moderators would normally allow it. To be honest though all these substances can be bought pretty easily by walking into your local health store or using google - no need to ask people where they buy it from etc.

I don't know about gardening equipment, I think that's kind of stuff is a little more risky. I don't think a single BL user would actually be using that kind of equipment for gardening.

I actually do ;)

Sure these substances are easy to find but sometimes it helps for people to recommend particularly good deals they've come across that aren't easily found via Google. A mod hooked me up with a website that sells a really effective anxiety supplement I would never have found myself without the benefit of word of a mouth recommendation.

I actually do ;)

Sure these substances are easy to find but sometimes it helps for people to recommend particularly good deals they've come across that aren't easily found via Google. A mod hooked me up with a website that sells a really effective anxiety supplement I would never have found myself without the benefit of word of a mouth recommendation.

Theres no harm in saying wow I found a great new suppliment called 'x' the other day - its good for this that or the other.

If anyone wants the details of the supplier etc they would probably just pm you and ask for the supplier - that way it saves the mod in that thread from having to check the link etc.

The whole no sourcing policy is a joke. The argument against sourcing does not stand up to a critical analysis. Even worse, on a website that supposedly opposes censorship and the way society controls people and prevents them from using their free will we have a policy that does just that. Were too scared of the non drug using population to say what we want is the basic idea i get from the policy. Following the anti sourcing logic - i had never heard of Cold water extractions and have avoided taking too many codeine and APAP tabs because of the possible liver damage. Thanks to BL i now know how to abuse codeine too. Think about this. If i got the method wrong and the ingested 6 or 7 grams of APAP causing massive organ damage because i was in withdrawal and couldn't find anywhere to buy heroin (something i have lots of experience with) i would be in a bit of trouble that i otherwise would not be in. If i could have sourced some heroin there would be no problem. That is not harm minimization it is actually harm maximization. How is this any different to sourcing? If you are so worried about kids reading the site then make it an adult only site and put the responsibility for what they do on the Internet back to their parents where it belongs. I don't understand why i should be punished because of other people's stupidity or negligence. That is half the reason why a lot of drugs are prohibited in the first place.

alright heres the derp of the whole thing
if they allow sourcing, vendors/morons will start promoting products that (probably) dont work on here, or make outrageous claims and whatnot.
if someone tells you to take a particular supplement, its probably not that hard to find to begin with.

They don't wanna be held responsible although i'm confused as well, it's completely legal to explain in fine detail how to manufacture drugs on a website yet on forums we can't talk about certain things. Personally i have no use for any of your sources to begin with, i have my own in the real world %)