(answered) I don't see why "sourcing" of legal substances isn't allowed.

Personally i have no use for any of your sources to begin with, i have my own in the real world %)

I forgot that the internet isn't real and that people who are on the internet don't actually exist and that the internet isn't a real source for real things. 8o

The whole no sourcing policy is a joke. The argument against sourcing does not stand up to a critical analysis. Even worse, on a website that supposedly opposes censorship and the way society controls people and prevents them from using their free will we have a policy that does just that. Were too scared of the non drug using population to say what we want is the basic idea i get from the policy. Following the anti sourcing logic - i had never heard of Cold water extractions and have avoided taking too many codeine and APAP tabs because of the possible liver damage. Thanks to BL i now know how to abuse codeine too. Think about this. If i got the method wrong and the ingested 6 or 7 grams of APAP causing massive organ damage because i was in withdrawal and couldn't find anywhere to buy heroin (something i have lots of experience with) i would be in a bit of trouble that i otherwise would not be in. If i could have sourced some heroin there would be no problem. That is not harm minimization it is actually harm maximization. How is this any different to sourcing? If you are so worried about kids reading the site then make it an adult only site and put the responsibility for what they do on the Internet back to their parents where it belongs. I don't understand why i should be punished because of other people's stupidity or negligence. That is half the reason why a lot of drugs are prohibited in the first place.

Telling somebody how to safely do a cold water extraction and not allowing somebody to leave sources to a restricted chemical are not the same thing at all.

If somebody does a cold water extraction incorrectly with some codene products they will kill themselves - if we tell them the safe/correct process on how to take the drugs they already have then we could just save that persons life. To leave a link up saying buy your codeine here is simple encouraging more people to try it.

IF you think that our simple set of rules 'punishes' you as you want to try and find heroin (or any other drug) then you can simply leave the site.

We do not allow sourcing.

It's always been my understanding that providing sources for 5-HTP (or magnesium or similar) is perfectly fine. For other drugs: the legal status of many drugs is constantly changing, and varies from one country to another. Because our posters could be in any country, it's too hard to enforce a sourcing ban based on whether substance x is currently legal for the poster, so we have a blanket ban.

The whole no sourcing policy is a joke. The argument against sourcing does not stand up to a critical analysis. Even worse, on a website that supposedly opposes censorship

I've been on BL for over 10 years, almost since it started. I used to be an admin. I can tell you with 100% certainty that BL, as a site, does not have an anti-censorship policy. BL is not a radical anti-establishment website. Many staff and members may be; BL itself is not. It is a harm reduction and drug information website.

Allowing sourcing doesn't help with that mission, and it carries a very high risk of legal problems for our users, and possibly for BL. We KNOW that police watch this board (notably in Australia, actually). Forbidding sourcing protects you from the risk of being set-up, and it protects BL from hassles.

, it's completely legal to explain in fine detail how to manufacture drugs on a website

FWIW, BL doesn't allow discussion of how to manufacture drugs, either :).

Thanks IJ. Thats really well summed up.

As this is more a support issue Im gunna shoot it over there where it can be merged with other similar discussion.