• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time rolling, what happenedto my friend?

Dizzy Liz

Greenlighter
What happened to my friend? Bad roll? Laced E?
Well me and 2 other friends went to a rave last night and we all rolled for the first time. It was amazing, too good to be true. Maybe even one of the best things man has made. Anyways at the beginning of the roll we were all happy grooving whatever but then i guess my friend hit her peak and wasn't expecting to get this high because we have only smoked pot before and we peak at the beginning. At the rave there's a backyard with lots of trees and grass, my friend walked outside and just sat down and froze. She would start crying and repeating whats wrong with me and she kept blacking out. She also said she fainted once. Some guys came to help and i was like i think shes having a bad trip. We would sit there and talk to her, tell her she was having a great time. She would get happy for a minute or 2 and then just start crying again. She said she had no thoughts in her mind and would just start closing her eyes but we made her stay awake. She would have an expressionless face staring off into nothing without even blinking and with her mouth wide open. My other friends mom came to pick us up and she started to say that she suck and she ruined our night and she not going to blow it in front of her mom. In the car ride at first she was quiet but then she started talking a lot and saying pancakes syrup pancakes syrup several times after we passed an IHOP. From thereon she was happy and we were just laughing at everything.

She only took half a red monkey but the day before we did it she was saying that she doesn't want to do it and its not safe. When she bought the roll she was like i cant believe i spent my money on that. My other friend took the other half of the red monkey but she said she never really rolled. 8o

Probably had a bad trip because she thought she was going to have a bad trip...

ironically this sounds like a really hard roll more than anything which could possibly be terrifying... but off half a pill? I guess it's possible. It could have been adulterated / cut, but speculation won't change anything. What matters is that your friend is okay. I'd take this as a valuable lesson in the power of recreational drugs. If you can, I'd really invest in a test kit. That sounds quite unpleasant for all involved and knowing what you're taking can really make things more positive.

Did you combine this with any other drugs? I can possibly see this reaction with weed + mdma. I'm really stumped.

How much did they weight? my ex girlfriend weight 60 pounds and could get fucked up off half a pill.

Right off the bat I'm gonna say that most of the time when someone has second thought before taking a roll they are going to have to deal with this. I have done tons of babysitting over the yeas whether is was LSD, lsa, shrooms or rolls the one thing they all had in common were "I don't know if I want to do this" you need a strong mind if your going to do these. Set and setting Are important. If you or someone you are with has a negative vibe it will be an issue. Internal reflection is not fun when you don't like yourself. These are powerful drugs and need to be respected. I bet your friend learned something about herself that night and needs to embrace what she learned and do what she has to do change things. If she does then that couple hours of hell will be worth it.

Right off the bat I'm gonna say that most of the time when someone has second thought before taking a roll they are going to have to deal with this. I have done tons of babysitting over the yeas whether is was LSD, lsa, shrooms or rolls the one thing they all had in common were "I don't know if I want to do this" you need a strong mind if your going to do these. Set and setting Are important. If you or someone you are with has a negative vibe it will be an issue. Internal reflection is not fun when you don't like yourself. These are powerful drugs and need to be respected. I bet your friend learned something about herself that night and needs to embrace what she learned and do what she has to do change things. If she does then that couple hours of hell will be worth it.

The mind is a very powerful thing, I agree completely because I have done my fair share of babysitting as well

Definitely have to agree with this one. I've only had to be babysat once, but that was two gel tabs later (first timer, lol) and then went to Ultra. Needless to say, I wasn't sure about the situation and definitely did not expect to have my world go 360 on me. But my friends are AWESOMELY amazing and got me out of that snafu and had an ultimately epic time.

Not sure if what you guys had was infact MDMA. If you guys plan on rolling again, investing in a test kit would be a safe bet.

be safe out there! <3

Please tell me that this is a typo...

the 60 pounds? no she was 4'6 she had scoliosis really bad they had to remove a rib on her left side because it was growing around her heart. True story. Cute face. just tiny deformed body.

ironically this sounds like a really hard roll more than anything which could possibly be terrifying... but off half a pill? I guess it's possible. It could have been adulterated / cut, but speculation won't change anything. What matters is that your friend is okay. I'd take this as a valuable lesson in the power of recreational drugs. If you can, I'd really invest in a test kit. That sounds quite unpleasant for all involved and knowing what you're taking can really make things more positive.

Did you combine this with any other drugs? I can possibly see this reaction with weed + mdma. I'm really stumped.

bad post mod - they set a negative expectation and got it, end of story. Also, for some, it's just not

sounds like she was just rolling too hard. hard to believe off half a pill but some people just have really low tolerances.

the reason i think it was just too much mdma was because of the blacking out and spaciness. usually when that happens it's because the physical effects are just far too strong, not necessarily her just trying to fight those feelings.

she's lucky to have such a low tolerance. next time just get some molly and she'd be great off some finger dabs.

Just like some people need to double drop to feel anything, others need much much less.

Apart from that it was your friends first time and it sounds like she had no idea what was gunna happen.

That coupled with the fact she didnt want to do it from the start means she pannicked and freaked out.

Completely understandable. She should never have been using drugs at all.

This helps show why it is wrong to peer pressure people.

No one can really tell you what exactly happend because we don't have all the information, but if you and who ever else had a great time and you all did the same pills it's likely that the roll was too intense for her and obviously didn't know what to expect for her first time.

So when it hit(specially if they were strong clean rolls) it might of been a lot for her to handle, I had a friend who has rolled before took a long break and did really good pills and for the frist hour of so he was laying on a bed not talking to anyone or anything untill he got a hold of his roll, but that because it was to strong of high for him.

I always hear people say "how can you badtrip on ecstasy?", but if it's really strong it can be a lot for people to handle when tehy're not expecting it.

Sounds like she was expecting it to be a bad trip and that's what she got. :0/

This is why its so important to test your pills. There is no way to know what she took or if what she took was pure mdma.

You can purchase a test kit from www.dancesafe.org and www.ecstasydata.org has lowered their cost for a lab analysis, they used to charge $120 and now its dropped to $40.

just too add to this just my 2cents any drug you take the way your feeling or if your paranoid or worried or you never wanted too do it in the first place you may have a bad trip my first time i was hoping i wouldnt die and my friend told me that it will only last 7 hrs then i calmed down and enjoyed it and loved it ever since, but how your feeling before you take the drug really does affect the trip or high you get...

Sounds like she was expecting it to be a bad trip and that's what she got. :0/

Yea a combo of this and the peak hit way too hard for her liking. This happened to my Wife the first time we rolled. -- We popped 1 pill (100mg MDMA) then an hour later we weren't feeling a thing, so we popped another 1/2 (50mg MDMA). My Wife is 5'3'' 120 and very inexperienced with drugs in general. About 3 minutes after we popped the half pill it hit us, we were having a great time; all smiles. About 30 minutes later we were sitting there and it hit like a ton of bricks. I was getting stuck (spacing out if you will), eyes slightly rolling back when I would stare at the lights. She saw me doing this and was trying to get my attention, I couldn't really talk all I could do was look at her etc. About 5 minutes later the same shit starting happening to her and she freaked. She stood up and just demanded to GO. We all got up, left the club and went back to our room. The whole walk over her eyes were about as big as they could possibly get, here eyes were just straight getting fucked with by all the lights (we were in Vegas mind you). When we got back to the room she felt safe again, she layed on the bed looking up getting light shows and ended up having a great night.

Tolerances vary person to person, just be thankful she didn't take a full pill things could have really gotten hairy lo. Never underestimate any drug and make sure the set/setting is PROPER, always!... Glad she's ok!

Well I am guessing this went down in club paradox (paul franks common roll in that area). Anyway rolling is a trip whether anyone wants to realize it or not, so you can have a bad roll and some people just don't like doing it, its an intense drug. My friend had the same thing at a rave of one roll, about a month later he tried again and had a great time, ecstasy is an intense drug it can hit you in the face if your not ready.

Last edited:
Well I am guessing this went down in club paradox (paul franks common roll in that area). Anyway rolling is a trip whether anyone wants to realise it or not, so you can have a bad roll and some people just don't like doing it, its an intense drug. My friend had the same thing at a rave of one roll, about a month later he tried again and had a great time, ecstasy is an intense drug it can hit you in the face if your not ready.

it is intense, and I think because its just a pill you pop people often underestimate its effects/potency. If you smoked it, snorted it (which you can, obviously), or shot it up people would look at it in a whole 'nother light. Being that it is a small, cool looking little pill it really is easy to underestimate it! I know I did, I had done mushrooms, multiple amps, herb and I really thought i'd be able to fully control myself when rolling and that wasn't the case for a good 30-45 minute time frame. Hell I couldn't even open my mouth to talk, I didnt even get like that on an 1/8 of shrooms! lol