• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

What drugs induce a state of hypersuggestibility?

GottaCatchEmAll

Greenlighter
My friend wants to try and conquer his fear of midgets, I know this sounds like a sitcom but he's serious about it. We tried hypnosis but he didn't receive it too well. I'm wondering if there are any drugs or research chems that would help induce a state of hypnosis or hypersuggestibility. We tried xtc at both a threshold and mega dose to no avail. Any thoughts are appreciates.

Well almost any psychedelic with correct dosing. Sleep deprivation also helps.

i think this individual should dose with benzos and confront this fear by playing wii with a midget.

in all seriousness, no drug will take an irrational fear away because its based on memories. the best thing to do is to prove that the fear is a defense mechanism that was once useful but is no longer needed by successfully confronting a midget.

My friend wants to try and conquer his fear of midgets...

I haven't laughed so hard since reading the thread that starts, "While I was strung out on Ambien I apparently purchased 4 gray huacaya alpacas..."

Amobarbital may be helpful. Just tell your friend to walk into any psychiatrist's office and tell the receptionist, "I'd like to procure a powerful barbiturate in order to conquer my fear of midgets." He will get prompt attention.

Last edited:
I had a friend who successfully conquered a fear of needles / injections by taking a large dose of risperidone and phenazepam before going to the doctor to have their holiday immunisation shots...after the first time they went back for their follow up shots without needing any drugs at all, like someone said above they just needed the drugs to help them through successfully confronting their fear and then psychology did the rest...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine

In recent years the criminal use of scopolamine has become epidemic in Colombia. Approximately one in five emergency room admissions for poisoning in Bogotá have been attributed to scopolamine. In a bizarre case, a band of female thieves would impregnate their breasts with scopolamine and then would lure potential victims to lick their nipples. "Losing all willpower, the men readily gave up their bank access codes. The breast-temptress thieves then held them hostage for days while draining their accounts." In June 2008, more than 20 people were hospitalized with psychosis in Norway after ingesting counterfeit Rohypnol tablets containing scopolamine. There have been many reports of tourists robbed after having scopolamine slipped into drinks in bars, as well as food saturated with scopolamine being served to tourists in fast-food stands in various Asian countries. Most recently, these incidents have been reported in Thailand.

@scopolamine: I wouldn't go the dissociative route, since memory-formation and augmentation of agency are key to phobia-letting. A personality that has undergone schism does not benefit from exposure therapy--just as a drunk who has blacked out and done things he normally would be afraid to do isn't any freer of his inhibitions when he sobers up. The more amnestic benzos and tranqs would probably lack efficacy as well.

Funny story about the breast-temptresses!

Benzos don't really induce a suggestible state anyway.

Just give him a hefty dose of LSD. You'd be surprised how suggestable people can be on LSD. I know a guy who once dipped his finger in boiling water on LSD because he was convinced the water was not hot.

My friend wants to try and conquer his fear of midgets, I know this sounds like a sitcom but he's serious about it. We tried hypnosis but he didn't receive it too well. I'm wondering if there are any drugs or research chems that would help induce a state of hypnosis or hypersuggestibility. We tried xtc at both a threshold and mega dose to no avail. Any thoughts are appreciates.

There are several tried and true therapy techniques which are extremely effective at overcoming phobias. Your friend will have better luck going to a therapist who specializes in phobias. You can't just expect him to take a drug, be talked to, and suddenly come out phobia free when the drug wears off. It's a bit naive to think so, no? Even people who take psychiatric medications still need therapy; the meds are never enough on their own.

Your friend should try to find a therapist who is trained in exposure treatment, systematic desensitization, or flooding techniques to help those who have phobias.

What in God's name?

LSD does not induce hypersuggestibility despite what the people here say, the US government tried it extensively in the 50's and 60's as an agent to attempt to extract information from subjects or make them suggestible and found the results scattered and inconsistent (Projects BLUEBIRD, MKNAOMI).

Basically there is nothing really published from the CIA/other governments about more modern agents to increase control over a subject's thoughts and the research itself could never be performed at any university given the ethical implications. So as far as from a scientific standpoint to justify data, there's not a lot.

However, it's known that you can treat phobias by exposing the patient to an anxiolytic like valium and then putting them into a situation where the phobic fear would be present.

What in God's name?

LSD does not induce hypersuggestibility despite what the people here say, the US government tried it extensively in the 50's and 60's as an agent to attempt to extract information from subjects or make them suggestible and found the results scattered and inconsistent (Projects BLUEBIRD, MKNAOMI).

Basically there is nothing really published from the CIA/other governments about more modern agents to increase control over a subject's thoughts and the research itself could never be performed at any university given the ethical implications. So as far as from a scientific standpoint to justify data, there's not a lot.

However, it's known that you can treat phobias by exposing the patient to an anxiolytic like valium and then putting them into a situation where the phobic fear would be present.

this

@ All who recommended benzos: This is actually counter-productive. Benzos may temporarily lower anxiety, but they also severely affect learning ability. Learning is instrumental in conquering phobias, so benzos are not the best.

But... maybe I'm wrong.

@ All who recommended benzos: This is actually counter-productive. Benzos may temporarily lower anxiety, but they also severely affect learning ability. Learning is instrumental in conquering phobias, so benzos are not the best.

But... maybe I'm wrong.

that is a good point. i dont have much experience with higher doses, but in some situations low dose anxiolytics seem to help me learn, probably because anxiety negatively affects most types of learning. i think one would have to be lucid enough to understand the gravity of exposure therapy before choosing to undergo it. it should be a conscious decision.

How hard can it be just to avoid midgets? I mean really if you're that scared of them you can always outrun them.

Or maybe a combo of low-dose benzo like 1-2mg of alprazolem and a high dose of LSD would be in order. You'll obviously still have to have him face his fear of midgets in some way. Let us know how it goes if you go through with some sort of experiment.

He said they tried that and it didn't work, although I suspect we are all posting in perhaps the most obvious troll thread of all time.