• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Moderate oxycodone use for a month - will I withdraw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danceofdays

Bluelighter
So I stupidly used up the rest of my Oxy IR 5mgs last night and woke up this morning feeling a bit off like I have for the last few days. Normally I'd cure this with a bump of OC but now all I have left is two 37.5mg Tramacets. For the last month or so I've been snorting oxycodone in light doses (about 20-25mg/day) on my workdays and between 30 and 60mg on my days off, which are Wednesdays-Fridays. I've taken maybe 4 or 5 days off in that month where I used amphetamines or clonazepam instead of oxy, and have combined the three several times over the period. Also for the first week I was using less, maybe 10-20mg a day. I've definitely developed a tolerance since then, last night I had to parachute 20mg just to get a buzz.

Now since I've been feeling pretty weird waking up for a few days, I'm guessing I've stupidly got myself into a dependence scenario since my usage has been very on-off up until this last month. I want to take the Tramacets now but I've never used them before and don't know how much worse this feeling is going to get, right now it's mostly just mental fog and a runny nose, my stomach feels a bit off as well. I can get more OC80s on Tuesday but until then all I have are the Tramacets and five 15mg Dexedrine XR pills, and 1mg of clonazepam I'd prefer to save for the end of my next psychedelic trip.

For those more experienced with these drugs than I am, what do you think? Are these symptoms likely going to get worse? If so when should I optimally take the tramadol or Dexedrine to relieve them, and should I buy another 80 or two in a few days and use it to taper myself off?

Thanks for your help. After this I'm either going to stop using oxy entirely or only on those three days a week I have off from work.

Also I searched and couldn't find anything that close to my specific scenario, hence the new topic.

Last edited:
you will most likely go thru w/d if you have developed a tollerance to the drug already if you can get a 80 on tuseday i would wait till tommarow to use you tram's it is 4th of july and should get you till monday when you can use that clonaz to help get to tuseday lop is also suppose to help with w/d if you wanna get some of that from the pharmacy

yeah, your going to get withdrawal. use the k-pins and the tramadol when things start to get bad, and then if you want you can get back on OC. It's good though that your tolerance is still low enough to get a buzz off of 20 mg, and you can probably taper down from there and not get such bad w/d.

yeah^ as someone who has used oc for years i wish i had quit when i was takeing the 10mg er oc's

Well I just got back from a super busy 10 hour shift at work and I feel fine, better than I did when I made the topic, but it's only been 24 hours since my last dose so I'm guessing it's gonna get worse from here. Gonna roll a blunt and try and sleep without taking any pills. Thanks for the advice!

I guess I should clarify that on Friday, my last day of dosing, I snorted about 12-15mg of OC an hour or so after I woke up and got pretty high. The parachuted 20mg was at night after doing a decent amount throughout the day, and I find I get a daily tolerance that is reset when I sleep. But I guess we'll see what happens.

that ^ kind of makes sense actually. Sometimes when I'm using, and I got to spread it out over the period of the day, it's usually the first shot and the last shot's that get me high. I'm guessing the first one because it's just the morning and that's your wake up blast, but the last one because it's an addition to all that's accumulated over the hours.

Well I just got back from a super busy 10 hour shift at work and I feel fine, better than I did when I made the topic, but it's only been 24 hours since my last dose so I'm guessing it's gonna get worse from here. Gonna roll a blunt and try and sleep without taking any pills. Thanks for the advice!

I guess I should clarify that on Friday, my last day of dosing, I snorted about 12-15mg of OC an hour or so after I woke up and got pretty high. The parachuted 20mg was at night after doing a decent amount throughout the day, and I find I get a daily tolerance that is reset when I sleep. But I guess we'll see what happens.

yea your gonna feel like crap eventually but only a month it,, it will be some physical and alot MENTAL,, if u can get by the mental addiction u may be ok,,BTW if u can STOP NOW,, full out being and addict and then withdrawing,,, IT SUCKS

well I had to take the klonopin this morning to get any sleep, wide awake at 9 in the morning, finally got like four hours in. I'm going to my dealer's place today and am gonna try and get more of the tramadol to make this a little easier. Maybe I'll take one every 5 or 6 hours just to keep things at bay until I can get more 80s and do a proper staggered withdrawal. When the time comes, should I be taking a slightly lower dose all day every day, doing less and less each day until I'm down to nothing, or should I spread it out more? Also should I be eating or snorting it? I find eating OC name brand doesn't do a whole lot, even ground and parachuted...

One huge plus to this situation is that in less than a week I will have the house to myself for a while, and will be able to smoke weed freely again (part of the reason this all started was because I couldn't be baked around my family or at work, but sure as hell could be high on opiates 24/7). So when that happens I plan on blazing like crazy since my mental addiction is focused more on getting high in general than one specific drug, maybe that sounds bad but it's true.

Gonna take another Dexedrine today and hope for the best!

I dont regularly do oc so i can't give any type of reputable advice on a real users withdrawal just my own.

When I would use them, it typically was just for a night... i dont know if i've even done oc 2 nights in row to be honest but even after that one night of taking them, i've always woke up wrecked from it. unable to eat or get rid of the pounding headache and sensitivity to light. you don't seem to be going through that after a night of usage but i typically would do half to a full 80 through the night. Anything less like a kid giving me a bump cause i found him some loot has never caused anything, by anything i mean i had no feeling after i did it, and woke up fine.

The "off" feeling you were getting, I'm assuming, was your body building a tolerance and wanting more like it did the first week when you found you needed to bump up in doses.

Its completely up to you but my recommendations are:
1) I sincerely suggest just stopping because the bad outweighs the good here. You only do 20 mgs. That isn't even worth having it on you, its not worth consistently doing 20 mgs a day (adds up quick), and its not worth the risk of going deeper in the hole. You're in control which is great, but most people who lose control do so thinking they are fine. 10 allows a threshold to 20, you found that out... you ran out now, but if you had more 20 opens the door to doing 30, and eventually you are doing an 80 or more a day because one compromise lead you there.
2) Ride out the "off" feeling til it goes away, and then start again.

If you buy the 80s, you're going to spiral into a bad addiction. Your mind is made up, but, consider stopping before this even starts.

If you buy the 80s, you're going to spiral into a bad addiction. Your mind is made up, but, consider stopping before this even starts.

+1, realize reasons to justify getting an 80 like "i'll do it in moderation" will likely only lead to spiraling down. Some people can, you may be able to... if you take the chance and come out on the other side unscathed... you've done something most people who buy 80's can't do...

like me. every 80 i think i've ever got i've tried to save for the feeling the next morning. usually never works lol... but like i said, i like the uppers... i go with a pill just when i run out, guys out, etc...

You guys are right, it ends here. My personality is too addictive to keep this shit up. Last year I had an endless supply of methylphenidate and got hooked, I was snorting tons of that shit every day, thankfully no physical withdrawals there. I ended up getting a few more tramadols for the next week if I'm feeling really low and/or need help with sleeping.

Still gonna buy the 80s because the price is right, but I'm giving them to my friend who is going to hold onto them for the rest of the summer for me. Then I'll be back in my college town where OC is unbelievably expensive, hence why until now it was always a rare treat and I'd never be able to afford to get where I am now. Right now I'm paying about 1/4 of the price I was during the school year, that's a huge factor in this whole issue starting.

Thanks for the support everyone, I know my problem is nothing compared to a lot of people, but I appreciate it!

Yeh buddy and PLEASE STICK to it! I myself have been trying to come off a 2 year opiate habit, have been tapering for a looong time and still can't jump off completely yet.

Also the amount of will power it takes you now it will most likely take 100times that when you get into deeper stages of opiate addiction. I actually get "exhausted" just from using so much will power. I'm like tony robins in my own head 24/7 trying to convince myself of positive thoughts and that everything in life will get better once I'm finally off. Its a day to day struggle, I'm consistently in early phases of withdrawal because I'm always tapering, and it takes FOREVER to do. I'm the type of person who has sworn off cold turkey because I always become suicidal and last time I tried I wound up in a ward. So now my only way out of an opiate addiction is tapering and I know that.

But at your stage you can most likely just stop and not have to put up with much of anything terrible. I would also like to say after a month I think anything you get will be very tolerable to deal with. Keep smoking weed and do whatever else you need to, but the physical addiction aspect of opiates really doesn't make it worth it at all imo. Too bad I had to realize that years into my addiction.

hey

id be careful man, no matter what opiate u use u probably will get some withdrawl after using so much. I am prescribed x Percocets, and x morphine sulphate pills per month. Even tho im not crazy about either one, because i had a car wreck the doctor thinks my back is all fucked up, which it is but i can deal with it most of the time. Anyways be fucking safe the shits addictive, my friends wife died from using to much of the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kicking OC

My Oxy habit was 480-660-mg/day crushed, eaten. It was a duration of about six weeks solid - it was prescribed for a gun shot wound I suffered. Blew my left hand all to hell with a 0.40 cal. Until that evening, I was taking 12-mg buprenorphine daily under a physician's care, methadone for four years before I switched to bupe in '08 and heroin IV for years b/f that. There's my history. I tend to write a lot when I do, so if you want to read some interesting stuf from '04 -'05 my user name then was speedball_racer.

Interesting thread to read as I sit here waiting for the worst of the withdrawals to kick in. My last dose was 80-mg Fri at 7:30 AM, I swallowed the Oxys whole (very unusual but wanted the withdrawals to come on a bit slower) so I realize that the time starting counting about 12 hours later on Fri 7:30 PM and it's Sunday at 9:45 so that's over 48 hours.

I've read several places that it can take 4 -5 days for short acting opioid withdrawal the begin. Thus far all I've experienced is restlessness, a horrific headache last night, vomited once, lots if the shits, and that really wanting to jump out of my skin feeling. I don't consider this very bad at all. I wanted to add to this post since it is about Oxy withdrawal and add my own current experience, it helps to stay active and this is one thing I can still do.

When i was starting off my addiction it was with hydros n percs, Than i started Using 30mg ir oxys and thats when things started to get bad. I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning or goto work without a bump of oxy.

My tolerance was about where yours is for the first couple months than it slowly started to increase. Over the next year i went from snorting 1 30mg oxy a day to doing upwards of TEN in a day.
Even tho i was getting a really good deal on them, this was starting to put a dent in my pocket. I sold chronic n pills to support my ever growing addiction on top of working at UPS making 15 dollars an hour. I eventually got introduced to heroin and made the switch like most people do...

Now im an IV heroin jukie and i started off just like you man... What im trying to say is get out well you can bro, its a ruff road and its all downhill from here. The longer you stay in the game the harder it is to get out. You'll eventually start doin stuff you would NEVER do if you weren't addicted. I.E. Stealing things, lying, selling drugs, robbin people, sellin yourself. You name it.... I hope everything works out for the best man.

Major props if you quit the junk dude, its a really hard thing to do. Once you get used to being in a state of constant euphoria, its really hard to stop. Your mind has a terrible habbit of rationlizing using again(just one more time) once you do quit. In the last 3 years I've quit more times than id like to remember. Prolly upwards of 50 times. Somehow i always end up relapsing shortly after. I just went to detox for 5 days and detoxed with the help of suboxon.

The day i got out i went over to this chicks house to get laid, ended up getting smashed off caption morgan driving home and about a half mile from my place getting pulled over and gettin a DUI, IN ARIZONA. That same night i broke into my stash that i hadnt planed on touching and relapsing. its been 3 days since than and im already addicted again and get w/d's within 12 hours of my last use. I have an apt for a sub doc tmw so hopefully ill get my shit straight. Cause im goin to jail for a while cause of the dui. Hopefully this will straighten my ass out... If not imma end up fuckin dead. i could really use from support from all you bluelighters, im at a really low point in my life... I'd appreciate some PM's from people who have been down this road...

sorry for kinda changin the topic but i just wanted to show you how this drug can really ruin your life. Hope everything works out for ya bro =]

?

Shit, sorry to ask, were you directing your comments to me? I've been down that road as far as it goes. I ain't going back. Or so I tell myself. My life is good now. Six years since I used daily. But if I had a connection it would be all over. Sometimes it's all about who you hang with.

I dont see dexedrine as a subtance to be used to ease opiate withdrawal. It would make me feel so much worse once it wore off. And even during the "dexedrine high" i still probably wouldnt feel any better, just more antsy and annoyed by my symptoms.

The crash from amphetamines/stimulants will definitely not benefit your opiate withdrawal in my opinion.....but to each his own.

On a somewhat similar note, I went to a 6 day detox in January because my life became all about oxy. I have tremendous pain in my lower back (3 herniations and one surgery), my neck ( they want to remove 3 disks and 2 vertebrae) and I need a shoulder replacement. I stayed off them for two months but cannot deal with the pain now I find myself back where I was I am completely depressed and don't know what to do. This is no way to live. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.