• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My drink was spiked.

W

worried.

Hey everyone, My drink was spiked the other night with ecstasy i know it was ecstasy because i got a drug test with the police. After some research about the drug i have became quite worried because i'm hearing that permanent damage can happen directly after your first use. I never take any drugs other then alcohol. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not any alterations to my brain will be permanent. i'm mainly concerned that my mood will be permanently changed i wont be able to laugh wont be able to cry will just feel odd all the time. I'm also worried my memory will decrease. I'm basically concerned about everything. Is there anything i can do to help my brain recover or am i doomed or is taking ecstasy just once not enough to do any long term or permanent damage?

any response will be gladly appreciated.

thank you.

It's not going to do you any damage.

I'm somewhat surprised that you couldn't taste it - ecstasy tastes foul.

You should be totally OK. The percentage of people who experience any sort of lasting effects whatsoever after taking Ecstacy once (no matter what is technically in the pill, MDMA or other things) is very very low. After a few days at most, you should feel completely normal.

However, it's strange that someone would spike your drink with Ecstacy ... it doesn't really function as a "date rape" drug. How did it feel? How heavily were you drinking? What do you remember from the experience?

That is terrible that someone dosed you without your knowledge or consent, I'm sorry to hear that.

One time use shouldn't effect you too much as far as cognitive functions go, don't worry yourself to death about not feeling emotions, that comes from heavy use/abuse of MDMA. More than likely, the primary effects are gone, and you are feeling what most people call the "afterglow" (residual effects), these should subside by the days end and you'll be back to normal by the next day.

Yeah like battery acid and mustard. Even 1 pill or small molly would still make a standard size vodka/tonic or beer taste like death.

Are you absolutely sure it was MDMA? Cops have been known to lie.

On the plus side you will be fine. If it was ecstasy then it shouldnt be more then a week before you feel back to normal. Try to be more carefuller in the future

I thought they generally only test for amphetamines? They have mdma tests?
And why the fuck would someone "spike" your drink with mdma

^I was wondering the same thing. I wasn't aware of drug tests that could tell the difference between speed, meth, mdma, or any other amphetamine-based drug. Similarly, I always thought that opiates could not be differentiated in a drug test. Does anyone have more information about this?

You will be fine, you're actually pretty lucky, some of us are struggling to get our hands on ecstacy haha. I would ensure that it is in fact MDMA you were spiked with and not something else.

^I was wondering the same thing. I wasn't aware of drug tests that could tell the difference between speed, meth, mdma, or any other amphetamine-based drug. Similarly, I always thought that opiates could not be differentiated in a drug test. Does anyone have more information about this?

I think they can test for amphetamine and meth seperatly, but they don't on most tests. I'm not sure about MDMA though, I'm curious what the OP's experience was like, he should write a report, I don't think there are enough reports from people who were dosed without consent.

I would ensure that it is in fact MDMA you were spiked with and not something else.

Um...how exactly do you know? The user didnt even describe the effects and its likely he doesnt know what he felt.

I think its good we'er askin questions. There aint know need to make false assumpsions as the only way u would know for sher is if YOU were the one to spike it

Hey everyone, My drink was spiked the other night with ecstasy i know it was ecstasy because i got a drug test with the police. After some research about the drug i have became quite worried because i'm hearing that permanent damage can happen directly after your first use. I never take any drugs other then alcohol. I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me whether or not any alterations to my brain will be permanent. i'm mainly concerned that my mood will be permanently changed i wont be able to laugh wont be able to cry will just feel odd all the time. I'm also worried my memory will decrease. I'm basically concerned about everything. Is there anything i can do to help my brain recover or am i doomed or is taking ecstasy just once not enough to do any long term or permanent damage?

any response will be gladly appreciated.

thank you.

The downside of MDMA is greatly exaggerated. Ecstasy / empathy was a well-tolerated therapeutic drug up until the mid-1980s at which point it was sold using a pyramid scheme by "The Dallas Group" as a recreational substance to be done at discos or clubs. Word of mouth and mis-information are rampant. I wrote my college thesis and the medical uses of MDMA and suggest giving them a read. I'll provide both links, one in *.doc format and one at *.odt. They are cited using MLA format with reputable sources (primarily health or government websites).

http://ayla.sonicretro.org/english.doc
http://ayla.sonicretro.org/english2.odt

On a side note, "six-panel" drug tests test specifically for the metabolite HMMA which is common to many amphetamines -- not just MDMA. The basis for the MDMA conclusion may have been based on your personal testimony of effects or possibly your location (bars / clubs and ecstasy tend to be linked together by social reasoning). I can assure you that your one possible experience with MDMA (or any other amphetamine for that matter) will not cause any lasting effects. Just like alcohol used to be, most drugs are heavily demonised and stigmatised by the media in some way or another. This is just the nature of social acceptance / rejection and will swing back and forth as with all issues over the decades and centuries.

Um...how exactly do you know? The user didnt even describe the effects and its likely he doesnt know what he felt.

I think its good we'er askin questions. There aint know need to make false assumpsions as the only way u would know for sher is if YOU were the one to spike it

I think what SpecialK was saying was "you should make sure that it was was mdma" not saying he was assuming thats what it was.

"Ecstasy" cant be tested for, because it can be made up of several different components. If it was MDMA that they found, I'm suprised you couldnt taste it too. As lots of people have said, it tastes awful. That must have been one stiff drink. I'm sorry you had a bad expierience, but there should be no lasting damage. You should be back to normal in just a few days <3

This does serve as a reminder to everyone, always remember to never let your drinks out of your sight, and make sure you know where your drinks are coming from!

I wish somebody would spike MY drink with mdma.. lol

OP, can you describe what you felt after taking the spiked drink? Because I'm pretty sure you would definitely know if mdma was in it, aside from the taste other people have already said.
Maybe the police test came up as a false positive...

I didn't say that, I said ensure that it was in fact MDMA that you took, if you really want to know how to do it the OP could write down the effects felt and search around about them and see if any common substances used to spike others are related to this. They could also see if there is a report available for her from the people who tested her, although I'm not sure if this is possible it might be under some form of rights thing. Although this wouldn't give a 100% accurate answer, it would probably lead the person one step closer to finding out what happened.

they can test for MDMA, but if i remember right, for like piss tests, meth will give a positive for MDMA, and vice versa. same applies for amp. yet again, youll be fine. one single use will not harm your brain. however, i am another person whose going to question this actually happening. ive only had proper MDMA twice, and it tastes like ASS. bitter, like speed mixed with a gardeney type taste i figure, from what i remembe.r

Ecstasy would make your drink taste like shit, you would be able to tell the differance from your last drink whatever that may be and your "spiked" drink which would have a bitter chemical taste.

You shouldn't have any long term effects and you should be just fine don't worry about it. Ofcourse the stuff you read on the internet about the side effects of MDMA will tell you the most negative things.

If you did actually get dosed with real MDMA you hopefully had a good time, it's sad to hear that someone drugged you but you shouldn't worry about the side effects from one use if infact you took MDMA.

It's not going to do you any damage.

100% agree which makes me wonder how honest the OP is being but.....its not hurting to answer the question I guess.

i've taken a piss test a couple days after rollin and on mine it showed up as the methampetamines catagory. i kno i didnt take meth cuz i test my pillz, and i kno the feelin i've done it before.

Anywayz bottom line is mdma can show up as meth in a piss test. i've seen the results myself when trying out for the US army.