• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelight Singles - Installment XIX - "I don't give two shits about your love life!"

plazma

Bluelighter
Bluelight Singles - Installment XIX - "I don't give two shits about your love life!"

Yeah I figured the old one was long done at about 137 posts its over time it was closed, so I'll leave that to the mods and powers that be.
Its dying slowly here if you want to poke it and watch it choke.
The drill? Much the same as always.
Enter stage right.
Bitch, moan, whine, say something constructive, or something idiotic well disguised as something constructive.
Exit stage left, hopefully with some impressionable greenlighter attached to you.
Or not. ;)
Either way, serial singletons (like me) this is our home, like it or lump it (many do both), well actually its more like our lounge room, so draw up an easy chair, or a beanbag, open a beer, take a cigarette, and shoot the breeze about the essence of being single.
:D
-plaz out-
[edit] updated link and corrected roman numeral :p - Kitty
[ 06 December 2002: Message edited by: PsychoKitten ]

still here
still have a non existant love life
hmm that would probably be because im single.. :\
ahh fuck it im off to melbourne tomorrow finally
stay tuned...

OK, i have had a thought. This thought spawned from the question FJ asked in the previous thread about being sexually satisfied and alone, or being together with someone who you've merely settled for.
My question is sort of the other side of that coin: Is it better to miss out on a relationship with someone who doesn't quite fit your idea of what is perfect because you're waiting for someone better, or should you go for that not-quite-so-perfect relationship and allow for the possiblility that it could grow into something beautiful?
As the proverb goes: A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

I don't think there's anything wrong with going with the "not-quite-perfect" relationship as long as you don't go into it with expectations of changing the other person into that "perfect" person you are after.
And also, most important, is that you don't get into something out of desperation, don't just say yes to the best thing that comes along because you can't stand being single anymore. That's bullshit, at the end of the day, only you know what your standards are and what you expect from a partner and you shouldn't compromise on that because you're lonely/horny.
That said, I wouldn't myself. Good advice I read somewhere; there are enough mediocre things in life, don't let your love be one of them.

^^
Having actually been in a situation where I have gotten with someone who didn't "fit the bill" as it were, I would definately put all my money on waiting until I find the person who has what I'm looking for.
I'm not naive enough to think that there is the "perfect" person for me, but I know there are people out there whom I could spend a great portion of my life with, my last ex being a good example of that.

Maybe theres hope out there after all.... ;)
(Mooch is happy)
But still single...

Originally posted by hoptis:
I don't think there's anything wrong with going with the "not-quite-perfect" relationship as long as you don't go into it with expectations of changing the other person into that "perfect" person you are after.
That's EXACTLY right. Because there is no such thing as the perfect relationship.
A relationship is something you have to work at, and something you have to build. You expect to replace his/her parents as next kin overnight? You have some head work to do then.
I've been in a relationship for (at present) nearly 7 years. That's more than 1/3 the lifetime of many of the posters here.
And let me tell you... if you can't work at it, then you don't deserve them.
A relationship is the ultimate in equal opportunity. If you don't care enough about someone to meet them halfway (use reality here) then why should they?
I see so many people through these series of threads with expectations so high that it's no wonder they're bloody single... I wouldn't go out with people with hangups or a bad case of self-love like that either.

thanks for the advice jakoz, now go back to the couples thread so we can continue to wallow in our misery.
:)

do people who picked up at Earthcore still count as being single? :p

*yawns*
Im sick of the back stabbing I heard at ec. Im not saying who said wot about who.
Makes me wonder wot the same people are saying behind my back as well. call me paranoid but it wouldnt surprise me.
I had a great time at ec still though some people left a pretty bad impression.
[ 03 December 2002: Message edited by: sydkiwi ]

by the way im still here
dont really give a shit
sydney still sux Im thinking of moving

Originally posted by *Cosmic Mist*:
Is it better to miss out on a relationship with someone who doesn't quite fit your idea of what is perfect because you're waiting for someone better, or should you go for that not-quite-so-perfect relationship and allow for the possiblility that it could grow into something beautiful?
this is a tough one...generally i've always been of the opinion that i'd only have a relationship with someone if it *clicked* (though my last r/s had none of that...and i still hung around for a year :p), but i'm slowly changing my mind. unfortunately, this is only because of the fact that so few people are interested in me, i'm slowly coming to realise the "beggars can't be choosers" proverb!
so in general, i think it really depends on how few and far between *interests* are...if you find it easy to pick up, sure you're better off waiting, but if you're like me, maybe you should just take what you're given to some extent :)
ugly!brad(1)

Joanna, u rawk, end of story. Who gives a fuck what any1 says. If i said u rule, u rule and fuck what any1 else thinks.
BTW. thx for looking after me at EC again.
When are u coming back to Melbourne?
I'm glad i had a chance in the morning to say goodbye and give ya a hugz before u left!

parcos: was my pleasure. glad you were ok in the end u had me really worried. plz dont use my real name hun and its not joanna :)
Im going to try and head down for my bday which is in march probably be for two tribes or something.
but i need to find somewhere to live at the mo things arent working out where i am currently living :(
now heres an excuse to get away from westieville.
now where in sydney will i find the cute guys!!!

A question I have is whether or not the people who are making the decisions about people being 'not-so-perfect' are making those decisions based on first(or second)-impressions?
Coz there is a HUGE difference between that and someone you actually know. Infact you could be missing out on knowing a great person just because something they did when you met them wasnt up to your standard....
I know a few people who when they first meet a guy will immediately size up his 'date-ability', not tall enough, has a funny voice, told a joke that wasnt funny...
There is a difference between being with someone whos not right for you and someone whos not perfect..
stace.